SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Strange answer from Jesus ?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Strange answer from Jesus ?

Let's move on to the Meat. The deeper things of what we 'have' and 'can' have in Christ, and not wait.

Heb 5:11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.
Heb 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
Heb 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskillfull in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
Heb 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
Heb 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
Heb 6:2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
Heb 6:3 And this will we do, if God permit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The apostles asked Jesus to "increase their faith", Jesus' response may seem 'strange' at first, but what He was saying was, "JUST GET OUT THERE AND START 'DOING' SOMETHING BOYS". In Luke 17 below.

Whatever that is, serving, evangelism, comforting, caring for the sick, visiting hospitals, Whatever, just get out there and start DOING and a natural by-product of DOING is INCREASED FAITH.

He asked, "When I return, will I find 'faith' on the earth ?
Faith is a verb. An ACTION word. Not something we just sit around and pray to happen. And when the word "faith" or "believe" are used, they are normally used in the sense of "continuous action."

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him....... Read the [u]Whole[/u] chpt. of Hebrews 11...

Not sitting around asking and waiting for what He's already given His People, but he told us where to "seek Him" in Matthew 25.

Faith doesn't sit around in some melancholy state, asking for something that's 'already been given', but that we haven't ACTED ON.

The "Fullness of the Christ Life" is only for those who first 'HAVE COUNTED THE COST', and 'DESIRE' IT AND THAN HAVE THE 'FAITH' TO DO, FOR HIM, WHAT HE'S COMMANDED WE DO .... Not Wait .

THAT'S REVIVAL OF A DEAD CHURCH !

And only the NEAR DEATH, OR THE DEAD, NEED "REVIVING".

If you're still praying for your own "personal revival", then there's something seriously lacking in your life or faith or understanding of the Word.

WE LIVE IN A CONSTANT STATE OF REVIVAL WHEN WE WALK 'IN' HIS SPIRIT.... 'DOING' what HE would do or has commanded we do.

If not, than we lack faith and are in just some self-pious form of self-sympathy and saying the Cross and His resurrection power is not enough for us.
THAT melancholy spirit is not from God, Unless you are sinning and need to be repenting of something that you haven't dealt with yet.

If you're NOT DEAD, than by faith, take these verses and run with faith to DO what He would do, if He were still here and that's exactly what He's told us to do.

If you tarried in Jerusalem the 40 days, well now, get out there and do something, not sit in the upper room, waiting for something more than what He's already died to provide.

How long will you tarry at the Mourner's Bench ? The world is out there dying !

Shake yourself ~ Wake up and get obeying by Doing .

THAT is the 'witness' He desires.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Connect these dots and LIVE [u]in HIM[/u].

Luk 17:5 And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith.
Luk 17:6 And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.
Luk 17:7 [b]But[/b] which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat?
Luk 17:8 And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink?
Luk 17:9 Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I think not.
Luk 17:10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

Phi 2:1 If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,
Phi 2:2 Fulfill ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
Phi 2:3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
Phi 2:4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
Phi 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Phi 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Phi 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Phi 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joh 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Mar 16:17-18 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

1Jo 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because[u] as he is, so are we in this world.[/u]

1Jo 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, [u]even as he[/u] is pure.

1Jo 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, [u]even as he[/u] walked.

1Pe 1:15 But [u]as he[/u] which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of [u]conversation[/u]

Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love

Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

1Co 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
1Co 1:31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a NEW creature: old things are passed away; behold, ALL things are become NEW. Rom 6:4 [u]Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.[/u]

Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
Eph 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
Eph 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
Eph 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
Eph 1:8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
Eph 1:9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
Eph 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fullness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
Eph 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
Eph 1:12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. Eph 1:16 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers,
Eph 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
Eph 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
Eph 1:19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
Eph 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
Eph 1:21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
Eph 1:22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
Eph 1:23 Which is his body, the fullness of him that filleth all in all.

Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus

1Co 3:21-23 Therefore let no man glory in men. [u]For all things are yours[/u]; whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, [u]or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours; and ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.[/u]

Phi 4:11-13 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. [u]I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.[/u]

1Pe 4:11 [u]any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God, in 'all things', may be glorified through Jesus Christ[/u], to whom be praise and dominion forever and ever. [u]Amen.[/u]
2Pe 1:3 According as his divine power [u]hath given unto us all things[/u] that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue

1Jo 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him [u]abideth in you[/u], and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. {Jn.16:13}

Col 2:6 -10 ~ As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord ([u]By Faith -), so 'walk' ye in him:[/u] rooted and built up in him, and established in the faith, as ye have been taught, [u]abounding therein with thanksgiving[/u]. Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ, [u]Because[/u] in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily [u] ye are 'complete' in him,[/u]which is the head of all principality and power

There are many more like these.

We lack faith only to receive and act upon His Word.

Bless 'Him' with your life.

God Bless your desire for Him.

2005/8/22 5:22
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Strange answer from Jesus ?

Quote:
The apostles asked Jesus to "increase their faith", Jesus' response may seem 'strange' at first, but what He was saying was, "JUST GET OUT THERE AND START 'DOING' SOMETHING BOYS". In Luke 17 below.

This is a wonderful post but I do have a question concerning the quote above. It seems to me that the response of Jesus in Luke 17 to the disciples request, "increase our faith" , is not "just get out there and start doing something boys". Instead I see Jesus telling them something very different in His parable about the unprofitable servant.

The servant is out "doing" all day long in the "field" as is his "duty to do". But I believe that the parable is showing us that faith is increased in the girding of ourselves and serving God that He may eat and drink, meaning, spending time at His feet, quiet time, in study and prayer. This is God's meat and drink. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. As Mary did, we also must sit as His feet and listen to Him, there faith is increased, then comes the action.

Certainly the work in the field is not to be neglected, it is our "duty to do", but I'm not sure that Jesus was telling them it was the source of increased faith. Does that make sense to you guys or am I out in left field?

In Christ,

Ron

2005/8/22 10:06Profile

Re:

Hi InTheLight,

Without "knowing" Him, as I said in another thread, we can present a "wrong Jesus" to the unsaved world, and we must choose "the needful thing" as Mary had, in Luk 10:42.

In the parable of Luke 17, that, as many parables are - is left to 'personal interpretation', and you are allowed to let that parable speak to you as it does ... I have no problem with that. But with parables, some people will have even more 'interpretations' than even you and I have given already.

My point is we don't stay inactive, after we've sat. Whether to sit to pray or sit to learn at His feet, but you knew that already. :-) Thanks.

God Bless you Ron.

Annie

2005/8/22 13:00
rookie

Re:

Paul writes as quoted by GrannieAnnie:

Quote:
Phi 2:1 If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,
Phi 2:2 Fulfill ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

Listen to Paul's command, "Fulfill ye my joy..." What makes up the substance of Paul's joy? He has counted the costs and shares in the sufferings that comes with death to the ways of this world. He is an enemy to the world. He has overcome the world. The mind of Christ becomes substance for which Paul sacrifices his life.

"...much more, we are saved by His life."

In Christ
Jeff

2005/8/23 12:30Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy