SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Court Trial Wed 4 Preaching

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Court Trial Wed 4 Preaching

PRAYER REQUEST:

This upcoming Wednesday I have trial in Tyler, Tx for attempting to preach on the Tyler Junior College public Campus. My lawyer already spoke with the prosecutor who wants to go ahead and prosecute this case claiming that I was trespassing. We are going to ask for a continuance to try to find a video my friend might still have of some of the open-air. Please pray that Gods perfect, holy, and awesome will to be done, and if it be His will that it won’t even go to trial, but if it does that we will have a favorable jury that will recognize that none of my intentions or actions were criminal.

2005/8/21 22:56
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re: Court Trial Wed 4 Preaching

Patrick Henry:

"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religion, but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ."

2005/8/22 8:14Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brother Jesse,

Take heart! whatever befalls you will be for the furtherance and proclamation of the gospel of Jesus Christ. May the hearts of many even in the court room be pricked as these proceedings occour.

2005/8/22 11:04Profile
ellie

UK

You have been and will be prayed for. Gods will be done Amen.

ellie

2005/8/23 22:35Profile
dougkristen

Jesse,

I will be praying for you brother...

In Christ,
Doug Renz

2005/8/23 22:54Profile

Re:

The prosecution was all ready to go to trial yesturday. We asked that it be continued so we can hunt down a video of some of the preaching my friend took, to show I wasn't yelling at people like the police statements say I was, as well as do some other things for the case.

I've run into some difficulty. My friend doesn't seem to know where the video tape is. And he is moving to Maryland so won't be able to testify as a witness. The video shows the cops lying to me saying it was a private campus, until they finally admit that it was public when I told them I'd go to the police station to double check. It also shows how polite I was being while they were being VERY angry and aggressive.

My other friend Jason recieved permission for us to be on campus by the administration building, but he is serving as a contractor in Iraq so he won't be able to testify. The admin had said that they allow the Gideons on campus as well as political groups so they are also willing for us to come on campus, but the cops say "your not students, your not allowed on the campus" although it's public.

And my friend Joel, the college student who first invited me on campus, is no where to be found.

The audio recording I have with the police is short because when I asked "What law am I breaking" he said "turn off your recorder and I'll tell you". So the audio recorder was turned off, and then he also took the camera from my friend and turned it off. THen said "your not a student, your not allowed on campus."

Trial is set for Oct 4th. Worst case would be if I get sentenced to 6 months and end up serving 3. Pray that we get a conservative, Christian jury who will be in favor of me and our free speach rights on public property.

2005/8/25 14:17
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brother I feel that whatever happens will be for the furtherance of the gospel. Do not be anxious or fret about this I really think it will be fine. What a testimony your life is becoming Jesse.

2005/8/25 14:23Profile
Kadmiel

Florida, U.S.A.

Jesse,

Please contact the "American Center for Law & Justice " - ACLJ Chief Counsel Jay Sekulow -

American Center for Law and Justice

P.O. Box 90555

Washington, DC 20090-0555

Legal Helpline: 1-757-226-2489

Radio call-in number: 1-800-684-3110 (from 12-12:30 PM EST/EDT.)

Petition call-in number: 1-877-989-2255

Here's thier website link as well:

http://www.aclj.org/

My prayers are and will be with you!

2005/8/25 14:46Profile

Re:

Thanks.

I have the lawyers with The Alliance Defense Fund handling this. But I ask my lawyer if he thinks maybe we should contact the American Center for Law & Justice since they've handled lots of these cases.

2005/8/25 14:47
Mekdi

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Re:

Bro. Jesse how I envy your life!!!

My prayers are with you. Your life is no longer yours and God, whatever happens will make it for his glory. Let His will be done and May the Lord give you and your lawyer a mouth to speak. You prepare your heart but a mouth's answer is from the Lord!

Your Sis. Mek.

2005/8/26 1:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy