SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Voices From the Past (SermonIndex Podcast)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Voices From the Past (SermonIndex Podcast)

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/images/podcast01.jpg[/img]

[b]Voices From the Past (SermonIndex Podcast)[/b]
Imagine having 1000's of people daily hearing an 10 minute clip of preachers such as: Leonard Ravenhill, A.W. Tozer, T. Austin Sparks and many more. Through the technology of PODCASTING this is now possibly, where people first subscribe using the itunes software. And then in turn the software will download AUTOMATICALLY the daily show to their computer. I am praying that 10,000+ people will subscribe to this podcast and recieve the update via their computer software. May Gods word spread across the earth!

Use the button below to subscribe to the "voices from the past" podcast, you can copy the link to the podcast below also and share it with friends. (note the podcast requires itunes). If the end user does not have software the RSS feed can work with an browser.

itunes subscription link:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=78701292

RSS link:
http://www.sermonindex.net/vftp.xml

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/images/podcast02.jpg[/img]

*if anyone has any questions please let me know.

----------------

[b]Podcast definition:[/b]
Podcasting is a method of publishing files via the Internet, allowing users to subscribe to a feed and receive new files automatically. It became popular in late 2004, intended largely for downloading audio files onto a portable MP3 player. However, listening to podcasts does not require a portable player and it is not traditional "broadcasting" to a mass audience at a fixed time.

The word "podcasting" is a linguistic blend coined in February 2004, combining "broadcasting" with the name of Apple Computer's iPod audio player (although podcasting was not invented by Apple, nor do podcasts require a portable player or Apple software).

It is distinct from other types of online audio delivery because of its subscription model, which uses the RSS 2.0 file format. Podcasting enables independent producers to create self-published, syndicated "radio shows," and gives broadcast radio programs a new distribution channel. Listeners may subscribe to feeds using "podcatching" software (a type of "aggregator"), which periodically checks for and downloads new content. Some podcatching software is also able to synchronise (copy) podcasts to portable music players. Any digital audio player or computer with audio-playing software can play podcasts.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

2005/8/21 20:45Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Voices From the Past (SermonIndex Podcast)

Cool! :-)

This could really turn into something here ...

2005/8/21 20:58Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Indeed brother! This is a very new technology but it is fast becoming very popular and I do pray that jumping in on it at this time will reap benefits. The Lord has to be the one that makes the increase. We cannot trust in the arm of the flesh in machinery and mechanics of technology but rather pray your will be done Lord. I see it as a "venture of faith" and God will proof Himself faithful if this podcast will bring glory to His name.

2005/8/21 21:01Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

I encourage anyone who is subscribed to this service of the ministry of SermonIndex to let me know and also suggest any improvements, etc. I am looking to see a way if we can track to see who is "subscribing" it would be great if the Lord would have it as top ranked Christian podcast in the apple music store. The more SermonIndex'ians that "register" the more it will increase the popularity I am sure also.

Please commit this outreach to prayer.

2005/8/22 0:27Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

OK I am subscribed. The whole concept of podcasting is another exciting chapter in communication. What the web has done for 'publishing' the podcast could do for 'broadcasting'. This probably means that the vast majority of the stuff will be utter rubbish but amonst it there will be gold. I am thinking about a daily 'devotional' from my own website. I would be glad to know just how many folk subscribe to the SI podcast. Of all the Christians I know I reckon that less than 10 have an ipod or equivalent.

OK i'm off to walk the dog now... with Leonard Ravenhill. :-D
Thanks Greg... great idea.

edit: It was shorter than I expected but a great into to Leonard Ravenhill, both as to his passions and character. I love his explanation as to why polygamy is forbidden in the New Testament. :-D

2005/8/22 2:09Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Hi Bro. Greg,

I just signed up also! Great to have this resource!

To God be the glory!

-Robert

2005/8/22 8:01Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I would be glad to know just how many folk subscribe to the SI podcast. Of all the Christians I know I reckon that less than 10 have an ipod or equivalent.

It is called a podcast because of the influx of digital music through the ipod player. But podcasts are for any type of digital media player or even just the computer using the "itunes" software.

2005/8/22 10:59Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Hi Greg,

My itunes will only play the broadcast for 1 minute 30 seconds?

Any ideas what could be wrong?

2005/8/22 11:07Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Have you "subscribed" ? then you should be able to click on the podcast link on the left hand side and then see the "voices from the past heading" with an arrow, if you click on that arrow it will list all the shows below that you have NOT gotten or have and from there you should be able to play them.

Here is an example image:

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/images/podcast03.gif[/img]

2005/8/22 11:14Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Well, it was coming up and playing for me so I figured I was in. I looked again and had not pressed subscribe button. :-(

Thanks,

-Robert

2005/8/22 11:17Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy