SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Isaiah 2:4

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Isaiah 2:4

"Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more."

Are there going to be nations after the Second Coming? Seems like this says either that there will be, or that all people will learn to be peaceful followers of Christ and that the second coming is an internal, spiritual event for all people.

Bubbaguy

2005/8/18 16:59
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: Isaiah 2:4

Quote:
or that all people will learn to be peaceful followers of Christ and that the second coming is an internal, spiritual event for all people.

Acts 1:9 ¶ Now when He had spoken these things, [u]while they watched[/u], He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight.
Acts 1:10 And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel,
Acts 1:11 who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? [u]This same Jesus[/u], who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come [u]in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven[/u].” NKJV

ie external and physical, or don't you believe Luke either?

2005/8/18 17:30Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

After Christ sets up His kingdom, He will rule all. There will be no reason to have a military, because the wicked will have been dealt with. I think this is supported by Daniel's account of the rock cut without human hands smiting the image on the feet.

2005/8/19 5:26Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Most definitly external and physical.

2005/8/19 13:54Profile

The first coming of Christ Jesus to the earth, veiled in flesh, was an externally visible reality and so will His second coming be. The

Quote:
internal, spiritual event for all

who [u]believe[/u] in the work of His earthly ministry, death and resurrection, brings Him back in 3D only as much as we allow Him to use [i]our lives[/i] in His service. This is a very imperfect way of expressing the way it works; this would be the only basis of any possible world peace. We know there will also be more bloodshed before the end (whenever that happens to be) as not everyone [i]wants[/i] (or would want) 'world peace'.

2005/8/20 6:59

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy