Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Finding a home church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Kadmiel

Florida, U.S.A.

Re:

To my shock i didn't see it either since they've updated thier website so i called thier long distance phone # and got no one that was available so i e-mailed them. As soon as i hear from them i'll pass it on to you. :-)

Kadmiel

2005/8/17 14:44Profile
Kadmiel

Florida, U.S.A.

Re:

First of all i am a hermit already due to my illness of "severe chronic depression". It's my disabliity. If i'm alone in church then being alone at home having church, i see no difference. I do believe one should be in church and i'm not advocating otherwise. I'm speaking only for myself and my experience. If it turns out that by witnessing and saving the lost that church is started in my home then thats awesome.

Quote:
Also, there is nothing wrong if a preacher uses a laptop and powerpoint.

I whole heartly disagree with you on that point. I even took the liberty to e-mail and talk on the phone with pastor carter conlon and david wilkerson and they seem to agree with me that its very odd and strange that a preacher would use a computer to preach or teach with insead of the Bible itself. Theres just to much of the world in the church.

Blessings,

Kadmiel

2005/8/17 14:56Profile
freewill

Lakeville, MN

Re: concerning john pipers church

I've been to john pipers church. It is good but we have a 3 year old that i do not want indoctrinated in to T.U.L.I.P. Which i see really being pushed in the calvinistic churches such as his.

2005/8/17 17:48Profile

Re:

Quote:
There is nothing Biblical about having church at home by one's self. Such is simply listening to a sermon.

Please define "assembling" here.

O.K., it means "Gathering".

"Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching."

In this age of Computers/emails/forums, and telephones, if someone is "unable" to get out or lives in an area where there is no good Fellowships ... are you trying to tell me, that unless they "physically" GATHER, that they are not obeying Heb 10:25 ?

I'll rephrase the quoted statement ...

1-There is Nothing Biblical about the terminology "having Church".

2-There is Nothing Biblical that says that you cannot "Fellowship" at Home.

3-There is Nothing Biblical that says, that a FORUM or phone conferences, with like minded believers cannot be THAT "Gathering together" in HIS Name.

4-There is Nothing Biblical that says, that a "True Gathering of the Saints" MUST have a "man" over them, or Pastor, over each "gathering".

If I "gather" with a group of others on Tuesday afternoon, and we are "gathered in HIS Name", we are indeed fulfilling Heb.10:25

Must it also be Sundays, in some people's book ?

Wesley says about Heb.10:25 ~ Not forsaking the assembling ourselves - In public or [u]private worship.[/u] As the manner of some is - Either through fear of persecution, or from a vain imagination that they were above external ordinances. [u]But exhorting one another - To faith, love, and good works. And so much the more, as ye see the day approaching - The great day is ever in your eye.[/u]

When the intent of the person who posted the first post 'asked', it certainly was not because he didn't have a physical group to fellowship because of "Either through fear of persecution, or from a vain imagination that they were above external ordinances".

If that were the case, he would have never started this thread in the first place, asking us for help.

And knowing more "disabled people" then you know "Healthy people", I would not put "Fellowship" in such a limited/small box.

I am in a Network of Disabled people, most are former Missionaries and Pastors and Pastors wives, etc. and NONE are well enough to get out to what some of you folks call "Church".
'WE' [u]ARE[/u] THE CHURCH. And if a sister who truly loves the Lord calls me and we glorify HIM for an hour or 2, "Where '2' or more are gathered together in MY Name, there am I in the midst of them"

With all due respect for other's opinions, I see our definition of "Church" as coming around hundreds of years After the First Church and is so "unrecognizable" from what I read in Acts.

Anyone who cannot find physical fellowship or is disabled, ARE gathering together with the Saints, if they are coming to a Christian Forum, etc. and listening to the Audio parts of this site and then posting here of what they're gleaning.

Thank God for the Computer age, that has made this possible for people in that predicament.

Unlike, when the settlers in the prairie's of the old West, had NO fellowship at all.

Sorry to have vented here ... but I guess this is a tender point with me.

I just see the definitions of "Church" and what True "Gathering together in HIS Name" is, to have become so unrecognizable, from that of the first Church.

Wesley again ~ "[u]But exhorting one another - To faith, love, and good works. And so much the more, as ye see the day approaching - The great day is ever in your eye.[/u] "

2005/8/17 19:25

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy