Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Wanted to share this

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Nellie

Wanted to share this

Hello all,

You can trust the man who died for you. Lettie Cowman

I will trust and not be afraid, for the Lord is my Strength and my song; He is my salvation.
Isaiah 12:2 TLB
Fear not! He is with you.

God is an ever present help. Praise His Name.

In His Service
Nellie :-)

2005/8/13 8:53Profile
AgapeObadiah

Albany, GA

Re: Wanted to share this

Amen the Lord is faith and just. Who else better to place our trust in other than our Lord Jesus Christ.

"Praise ye the LORD. Sing unto the LORD a new song, and his praise in the congregation of saints. Let Israel rejoice in him that made him: let the children of Zion be joyful in their King. Let them praise his name in the dance: let them sing praises unto him with the timbrel and harp. For the LORD taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation. Let the saints be joyful in glory: let them sing aloud upon their beds. Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a twoedged sword in their hand; To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people; To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron; To execute upon them the judgment written: this honor have all his saints. Praise ye the LORD."
Psalm 149

In Christ,
Devin

2005/8/13 14:58Profile

Re:

Wow Nellie,

When I saw the Title on the Homepage, I wondered "what does someone want to share ?" ,,, and I thought it was like a personal testimony (which I also enjoy reading) ...

But this was a testimony to all of us, of Who 'He' is.

Wow, Thank you and hope you'll do that "Wanting to share something' as often as you're led. :-D

Thank you ~ for He said, "If [b]I[/b] be lifted up, I will draw all men, unto ME."

Bless you & your day in Him.

Love,
Annie

2005/8/13 17:50
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Amen.

Greater love hath no man...

2005/8/13 19:07Profile

Nellie,

Thank you for sharing this great quote.

I've needed to think about it - believe it or not - to know what I wanted to respond. We are so familiar with the [i]thought[/i] that Jesus died for the whole world, that simple personalisation of it down to one person 'I can trust the Man who died for me'! Of [i]course[/i] I can. But it's profound to be reminded like this.

These days, I think more and more about the need to be ready for persecution, or even, sudden death for speaking the truth about Jesus. It is no mean thing that He died for me, but that He died for every person who will ever live, puts His sacrifice so far beyond what our minds can grasp, we should be silenced into obedience to whatever He requires from us.

2005/8/14 9:52

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy