Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : BLOWN OUT OF THE WATER

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

BLOWN OUT OF THE WATER

BLOWN OUT OF THE WATER
Dallas Court Case for August 11th, 2005

Months ago while preaching open-air in the club district of Dallas the cops harassed and hounded me. They did this by telling me it was against the law to draw a crowd. According to their interpretation of the law I couldn’t speak loudly nor do anything that could potentially draw a crowd to listen to me preach. And apparently blocking the sidewalk had nothing to do with it, no crowds allowed! After attempting to politely reason with the police they finally said that if I go to another corner they will not bother me or give me any problems while preaching the gospel.

When I went to another corner differently officers approached me and said “That’s it. The cops over there already gave you a warning. Now you’re getting cited.” When attempting to politely reason again with them they said the same thing; you cannot draw any crowds. I was told that I have freedom of speech but if anyone stops to listen I will be cited. And so I was cited for having listeners.

In a letter I received with my court date it stated that the violating was “religious solicitation without proof of ID.” (Completely bogus because I was giving away money and they saw my ID.) But of course in court the charge was different; it was “violating an anti-noise ordinance”.

However when I tried to take it to trial the prosecution backed out again, just like last time, for lack of evidence. Another court case blown out of the water; two Dallas cases down, one Tyler case to go. (I am so appreciative of all your prayers! Please keep them coming!)

So to celebrate my victory I walked a few blocks from the Dallas courthouse and open-air preached for roughly an hour at The West End Transfer Center where there were nice attentive crowds. The message was painfully plain, “If you break the Law of God, the Law of God will break you.” And that is why Christ was broken; to take the smashing weight of the Law upon Himself so we could go free. Oh thank you Jesus!

2005/8/11 23:24
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: BLOWN OUT OF THE WATER

Hi Lazarus1719...!

Praise God! I will definitely be praying for your last remaining case.

:-)

2005/8/11 23:29Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brother Jesse,

This brings immense joy to my night not to only hear that you have gotten aquitted of the 2nd case but that you made Jesus Christ fearlessly know. I will continue to intercede that the Lords will may be done!

2005/8/11 23:39Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Amen, Good to hear.

2005/8/12 3:02Profile
Compton

Re:

Great News.

2005/8/12 4:39Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re: Good News

I am glad to hear it

dom

2005/8/12 8:31Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Wonderful, brother!

2005/8/12 8:39Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Glory to God, brother!

2005/8/12 8:45Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
The message was painfully plain, “If you break the Law of God, the Law of God will break you.” And that is why Christ was broken; to take the smashing weight of the Law upon Himself so we could go free. Oh thank you Jesus!

Amen. Praise God Bro. Jesse!

2005/8/12 8:49Profile
Nellie

Wonderful Testimony.
God Bless and keep you, Brother Jesse.
In His Service
Nellie

2005/8/12 9:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy