SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Last Days Doctrine

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 )
PosterThread
Logic

Just found this

Rev 7:9 After these things I saw, and behold, a great crowd which no one was able to number them, out of every nation, even tribes and peoples and tongues, standing in front of the throne, and before the Lamb, having been clothed with white robes, and in their hands [b]palm branches[/b].

Reference. Lev 23:40,42 And ye shall take you on the first day the boughs of goodly trees, [b]branches of palm trees[/b], and the boughs of thick trees, and willows of the brook; and ye shall rejoice before the LORD your God seven days. :41 And ye shall keep it a feast unto the LORD seven days in the year. It shall be a statute for ever in your generations: ye shall celebrate it in the seventh month. :42 [b]Ye shall dwell in booths[/b] seven days; all that are Israelites born shall dwell in booths:

This is portraying the feast of booths which confirms the rapture at this time.
Or if you don't like that word, it is the being caught 1Th 4:17

2006/3/8 16:11Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Re: Last Days Doctrine

I am a member of an Assembly of God church. Our pastor holds to a pre-Tribulation Rapture, but I am not convinced of this. there are just some things that I cannot get together in my mind about it. I appreciate this topic because it has given me a lot more input on the subject.

Thanks to all of you. :-)

2006/3/8 16:58Profile

Re:

Hia MSeaman, my husband and I met at an AoG Bible College and he was a AoG Pastor too ... but in 85 the Lord had me to sit down with 'just' the Bible and out came all that GrannieAnnie/MeAgain/me posted on here.

But they told us back in 79 at the College, that they didn't stand firm on pre-trib because they said, many of their Churches in the West were of other persuasions, so we were allowed to believe otherwise.

God BLESS.
Annie

2006/3/8 20:41
GaryE

Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania

Re: Just found this

{Quote} Logic

Rev 7:9 After these things I saw, and behold, a great crowd which no one was able to number them, out of every nation, even tribes and peoples and tongues, standing in front of the throne, and before the Lamb, having been clothed with white robes, and in their hands palm branches.

Reference. Lev 23:40,42 And ye shall take you on the first day the boughs of goodly trees, branches of palm trees, and the boughs of thick trees, and willows of the brook; and ye shall rejoice before the LORD your God seven days. :41 And ye shall keep it a feast unto the LORD seven days in the year. It shall be a statute for ever in your generations: ye shall celebrate it in the seventh month. :42 Ye shall dwell in booths seven days; all that are Israelites born shall dwell in booths:

This is portraying the feast of booths which confirms the rapture at this time.
Or if you don't like that word, it is the being caught 1Th 4:17

Perhaps this first day represents the rapture. You can also see the figure of Christ entering the city. It is definitely and interesting group of scripture when you consider types.

I just took a look and haven't read the thread. I'm not interested in debating it either since I don't think the Lord wants me to debate and I'm not that good at debating anyway. I could be right and proven wrong by a good debater.
:-)

2006/3/9 0:37Profile

Re: Preterism

I see preterism being addressed on some threads and thought that it may need to be looked at.

I don't know how far it will go as far as discussion, or how much I'd like to add besides this link below and ask 'that the tiny links at the very bottom of this Site's page be looked at', before any discussion evolves, so that we're being fair to one another and knowing both sides of the issue.

http://www.geocities.com/lasttrumpet_2000/debate3.html

For new folks, most of the "Anonymous" posts on this present thread are still me, with my other sign on nickname, that I 'thought' I needed to have when I got a new email address and ISP account. Everyone knew who I was.
Now I know that it was not - is not, necessary to open a new account if you change providers or come back on line after being off for a while.

Thank you anyhow - I didn't know where else to post anything on Preterism and also, due to my Settings, cannot start a new Thread.
Maybe it was best for Last Days Doctrine to all be condensed on one thread after all, because all views have been here anyway. No sense in 40 more right now.

To those who Long for and Love His Coming Again in Glory. LOVE!

2007/6/26 15:27
lovegrace

Re:

Quote:

MSeaman wrote:
I am a member of an Assembly of God church. Our pastor holds to a pre-Tribulation Rapture, but I am not convinced of this. there are just some things that I cannot get together in my mind about it.

I'm with you on that.

2007/6/26 17:34Profile
psalm1

Re: Just found this

Logic,Thank you for that. I had read that but never connected the 2! duhhhhh.
...David

2007/6/26 23:02Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy