SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : I am seeking True Redemption

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Ropafadzo

Harare, Zimbabwe

I am seeking True Redemption

I am a Christain who for a time was mild in his relationship with God. For the past weeks however I have felt a deep craving for Jesus and what he means in my life, what he wants of me and how the Spirit works. I have been an avid reader of the Bible lately and I feel things running all through me. The testimony of a cousin who sacrificed almost all for Jesus inspired me.

Now I want to know not how I can pray but I want to know if there is way by which the Lord can accept that which was done (in sin) by ignorance and now refuted in the search for the truth and deliverance?

If this happens I want to know how for I have heard Art Katz in David's Cry saying of this (Psalm 51)that King David did wail to the Lord in shame and that we ought to do as much in earnest, if we seek to be redeemed of our sins. Yet in King David (forgive my ignorance of the Bible)he did not revert back to Bathsheba. If the woman were in her months would the Lord accept the child conceived in sin?

I have found such happiness as I have never found in the Lord and prayerful life and I want to be pure not in my prayerful life but whereever I go do I get a witness and do I get a fellowship amongst this congregation on this issue?

2005/8/11 12:07Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re: I am seeking True Redemption

Yes, He "shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance." (John 14:26)

If you want to receive redemption and purity from God, as a believer, there is a way. I stumbled upon it out of what I would consider ignorance on my part. I was seeking the fire of the Lord, not really knowing what to expect.

Read up on the baptism of the Holy Ghost. This happened to me last week. If you listen to Duncan Campbell's Testimony and Conversion, he discusses it in detail:

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?commentView=itemComments&lid=380

This experience is also documented by Wesley, Moody, and others, I'm sure.

Dear brother, there is only one way that God will send His Spirit upon you in this manner. You must come to the place where you are willing to admit, that though you are redeemed, that you are unable to experience true joy outside of God's work. You must stop offering God your works (Bible reading, praying, soulwinning) as Cain did, and offer yourself as an acceptable living sacrifice, if you want His fire to come down and consume you. You must be willing to cry out to God, "I will not let thee go, except thou bless me," as with Jacob. You must be willing to ask God to search every nook of your soul: "Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place? He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart."

You must be willing to say with Isaiah, "I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips" and with Job, "Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him." You must give Him all.

While these words are not essential, I trust you understand the spiritual state you must be willing to enter into. You must be ready to put your hand to the plow and never look back. You must be ready to die. You must be willing to carry your own cross out of the city and be crucified with Christ.

You will know if he sends His Spirit, it was for me, MANY TIMES stronger than when I got saved.

After the experience, you will no longer desire to be exalted among your brethren, because you have understood that while they are spiritually standing on their own feet, you are spiritually face-down in the dirt in prayer, in the presence of the awesome majesty of a supernatural God.

2005/8/11 21:39Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Concerning the child being accepted by the Lord: a child is not held accountable for the sins of the parents, but may be born into a what many believers refer to as a "generational curse."

Exodus 20:5 "Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me"

Don't let this language get you. It simply means that if your father is a drunk, you are probably going to be if you don't seek God first. If your mother has an anger issue, same thing, you probably will also have anger if you don't seek the Lord.

David's sin was lust/pride. He lusted for power via the blood of the enemy (thus denying his permission to build the temple), he lusted for sex (you know the story). He was seeking to empower his own self (pride). Read about Solomon and you will see that David passed this onto him.

You probably already know, but just in case, 1 John 1:7 "the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin." There is nothing that can't be washed away. Hope this answered your question.

2005/8/12 7:12Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Quote:
If this happens I want to know how for I have heard Art Katz in David's Cry saying of this (Psalm 51)that King David did wail to the Lord in shame and that we ought to do as much in earnest, if we seek to be redeemed of our sins. Yet in King David (forgive my ignorance of the Bible)he did not revert back to Bathsheba. If the woman were in her months would the Lord accept the child conceived in sin?

Ropafadzo
I am 'reading between the lines' and wondering if you are thinking that redemption is only available when someone has 'repented enough'? The passage you quote is very interesting. Have you read the story of Nathan's meeting with David? You will find it in 2 Samuel chaps 11 & 12. It is a tragic story but it has wonderful moments. One of these moments is recorded like this: “And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die.” (2Sam. 12:13, KJVS) See how quickly God put away David's sin; as soon as he recognised it. This is God's promise in the New Testament too; 1John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 'Confess' here means owning up to it; acknowledging my own responsibility in the sin. From the moment I genuinely acknowledge my sin there is forgiveness. You do not have to 'repent enough'; you just have to be honest with God about your condition.

If David's sin was put away so quickly Psalm 51 (which was written about this sin) must have come later. It seems to me that David must have begun to think through the implications of what he had done and what he was really like sometime later. From that 'meditation' or 'consideration' of what he had done comes Psalm 51.

So the 'putting away' of the sin so that God is not offended took place instantly but the full development of David's repentance actually came later. This means that our salvation is possible by grace through faith, and not based on us 'achieving' the right level of repentance. But repentance is vital and not to be rushed.

God's attitude to 'ignorance' (not knowing any better) is different to that of some Christians. Here are a couple of interesting verses...Acts 3:17 ¶ “Yet now, brethren, I know that you did it in ignorance, as did also your rulers.

Acts 17:30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent,

1Tim. 1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. The Acts 17 verse is important. Paul is talking about 'idolatry' and says that God 'overlooked' this ignorance 'but now'. These 'but nows' are important in our spiritual lives. When God brings truth to us it becomes a 'but now' and from that time on our responsibility is different.

Do write in again and tell us how you are getting on.

2005/8/12 14:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy