SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Ezekiel 7:8-9

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Ezekiel 7:8-9

Thought I'd share this sobering story brother Don Currin told last time he was in New Brunswick.

This young lady who was raised in a godly home began to rebel around her high school years and kept up her carousing for several years after that. This entailed drinking, sleeping around, drugs, everything her parents warned her about growing up, and not only this, but she completely rejected church, the Word of God, but most of all, God Himself. Despite the pleading of her parents and the drawing of the Lord, she turned away from all counsel.

So it happened that she was in an accident of somekind, due to her recklessness, and she lay in the hospital bed with her parents at her side, hoping for the best but things didn't look well.
During the night, as the young lady, about 21, slept, with her mother beside her, she woke up in a jolt gasping: "Ezekiel 7:8-9! Ezekiel 7:8-9!" Her mother shot up and tried to calm her: "What are you meaning?" The young girl explained that she just had a dream... she saw an angel and the angel gave her this verse.

Quickly she asked for her mother to read the verse, and the mother, who had a Bible with her, turned to Ezekiel 7:8-9 and with utter horror read the following:

[i]"Now will I shortly pour out my fury upon thee, and accomplish mine anger upon thee: and I will judge thee according to thy ways, and will recompense thee for all thine abominations.

And mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity: I will recompense thee according to thy ways and thine abominations that are in the midst of thee; and ye shall know that I am the LORD that smiteth."[/i]

And with that, the girl in terror fell back upon her pillow and was taken into eternity.

This is as sobering as they come and a warning against apostacy and pushing aside the voice of counsel and the Lord. We are dealing with life and death, eternal heaven and hell, and we must take heed of awful stories as these.

2005/8/10 16:02Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re: Ezekiel 7:8-9

Very piercing, saddening, and sobering. Should make us want to win souls.

2005/8/25 5:18Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy