Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Grace Abounding to the Chief of Sinners

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Grace Abounding to the Chief of Sinners

This book is written famously! John Bunyan is one of my greatest inspirations, and I recommend this book to every Christian, regardless of maturity. What a blessing! This man dealt with more spiritual warfare than most charismatics could handle. Give this book to those who struggle with faith, backsliders, also this book would be great for a non-believer!

Excellent book, a classic piece of Christian literature that cannot be overlooked.

In Christ,
-Eli

2005/8/10 13:34Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: Grace Abounding to the Chief of Sinners

Hi Eli...!

I agree! [i]Grace Abounding[/i] is one of the best Christian autobiographies that I have read. Bunyan's "vision" of the mountain and the fence is remarkable!

After reading the book, I decided to reread [i]The Pilgrim's Progress[/i]. It was remarkable that such a book was written by a man who had fought so intensely against the work of the Lord.
It is truly a testament to the grace of God!

:-)

2005/8/10 14:12Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Absolutely. Pilgrim's Progress is remarkable. The vision of the mountain and the wall is also incredible. I love his insight!

2005/8/10 15:45Profile
repentcanada

Re:

I have Pilgrim's Progress, but haven't read it yet - am really excited to do so soon.

2005/10/10 15:13Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re: Bunyan's classics are also available online

I read this book several years ago and couldn't stop weeping as I believed some of the same lies that Bunyan did. But Jesus was faithful to him, and He has been faithful to me as well.

If you don't have the funds for the books, it's available here http://www.ccel.org/b/bunyan/.

I also said a few months another allegory done by Bunyan entitled "Holy War." What a marvelous understanding Bunyan had in the Spirit and oh what a price he paid.

2005/10/27 13:47Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Yes. This autobiography is so small and full of intense spiritual experience. God basically took him through 7 years of despair and a "dark night of the soul" until the light of Christ dawned on his heart.

I firmly believe if God is going to use a man much, He must take him through much. Are we willing to go through a "dark night of the soul" and come to the end of ourselves? This book is a top 50 book in my reading list (which I should compile) :-P

2005/10/27 14:48Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy