Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Super Nanny

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
I like a quote from the movie Tombstone when Wyatt Earp says "You called down the thunder, well now it's here. You tell 'em I'm comin'... and hell's comin' with me!" ...my kids know when to run...

mmm? I remember a time in my experience that God told me very plainly that he had called me to be a shepherd not a sheriff! :-D

My kids knew when judgement was coming too. We had simple judicial process in which the crime was identified, the accused declared guilty, and then a clear pronouncing of the sentence... 5 or 3 or 1 spank with an old leather soleless mocassin which made a lot of noise but 'spread the load'. Then the sentence was carried out, across my knee. I had worked as a labourer and was strong in my arms. Carrying out the execution over my knee restricted my swing! We only ever punished disobedience; everything else was talked through. Accidents were never punished.

2005/8/11 4:41Profile

Re:

Quote:
How true. I think most if not all of us are guilty of spanking or yelling in the heat of the moment. I know that I have been guilty of that to just feel like dirt an hour or so later. May God give ALL of us more patience.

When I've been pushed to the limit, I usually start getting quiet... thats when my kids get nervous. But yea, I hear what your saying. I have had to apologize to my kids from time to time. I think parents who dont apologize to their children are setting a bad example.

Krispy

2005/8/11 6:30
Nasher

Watford, UK

Re:

Quote:
I think parents who dont apologize to their children are setting a bad example.

I second that.

2005/8/11 7:22Profile
AgapeLove81

Albany, GA

Re:

Quote:
I think parents who dont apologize to their children are setting a bad example.

That says it all. How are we to expect our kids to apologize, when we ourselves refuse to even we are in the wrong?

2005/8/11 7:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy