SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : origin of races

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
denem7

Orange Park, FL

origin of races

where did the different races come from? (white ,black, yellow, etc.)
didn't they come from noah's sons ham, shem, and japeth? wasn't one of them cursed with a different color?
what color was adam and eve? (...just curious.)

2005/8/8 19:21Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: origin of races

As I understand this question, I believe it happened when God confused the languages at the tower of Babel. People scattered according to their languages, grouping with people who spoke the same language as they did. In time you can have different races form because of breeding. This can happen today when you have closed societies which can develope into a race different from any other, although it will take generations for it to happen.

The Bible does not tell us what color Adam and Eve were, however, in my imagination I would tend to think they may have been the color of Arabic peoples because they are a medium color with black on one extreme and white on the other! Jesus was born to Jewish people and I would guess they had more color then us palefaces! JMO, and really it matters nothing to me.

ginnyrose

2005/8/8 19:49Profile
Delboy

Worthing UK

is there only one human race not races? ;-)

2005/8/8 20:02Profile
Compton

Quote:
where did the different races come from?

I think your real question is where did the different skin colors, ethnic, and cultural diversity come from. Biologically and biblically speaking, there is only one race of men created in God's image. The modern plurality of races is a concept rooted in evolutionary anthropology, that infers that the branch of homo sapien species is itself producing several branches of independant evolutionary co-development.

The ugly side of this thinking is racism, the inevitable conclusion that some branches of homo sapiens may be further along then others in their ascent from primitive to advanced. Edit: Mankind has always been racist for various reasons. However Evolution, which is in many ways a racist psuedo-science, validates racism with the "authority" of evolutionary biological science. Obviously one of Satan's most divisive and destructive lies upon mankind...

Quote:
wasn't one of them cursed with a different color?

In regards to the "curse" of Ham, Genesis 9:25 has been grossly misinterpreted and all too often, immoraliy applied. First of all, Noah didn't cursed Ham, but Canaan, the oldest son of Ham. This is important because Ham also had other sons that were not cursed by Noah.

Now some people feel certain that the bible can be used to trace the lineage of black skinned people throughout various civilizations like the caananites and the egyptians. I'll leave that them...however I do not believe we can say that the black or brown skinned person is this monolithic group or kind or man. In actuality, this "group" (I use the term quite superficially)of people can be constructed in a way so as to include the widest spectrum of peoples and cultures on the planet!

I say this, because to assign a curse on this skin color is not only a cruel thing to do, but it is simply an uneducated and ignorant idea. How much pigment should be present in the epidermis and hair of an individual before he or she is considered cursed? Do you see how silly this idea becomes?

These are just some brief responses to your interesting questions. Others have more refined research on the subject. Here are some links that might further answer your questions.

[url=http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/race-definition.html]Where did race come from[/url]

[url=http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?currSection=sermonstopic&sermonID=32201114820]Origin of man--audio[/url]

2005/8/8 20:04Profile
Delboy

Worthing UK

Re:

this link is to a great site :-)
http://shop4.gospelcom.net/epages/AIGUK.storefront/42f7f39b0095f7ed272145579e7a0727/Product/View/00&2D1&2D010

2005/8/8 20:11Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

I agree with compton. Acts 17 says that God made all nations of one blood. Racism is sin. Some interesting questions for those who don't believe that "race mixing" is acceptable in God's sight: What ethnicity was:

1) Joseph's wife? She was Egyptian. Thus the "half tribe" of Manasseh was created.

2) Moses' wife? Egyptian, also.

Now the law's given Moses that demanded that Jews were not to marry outsiders was not because of skin color, in was because of the outsiders' false religion, their idol worship. NT believers are not different, we should marry Christians, as problems will otherwise be created.

The fact that the Jews were not "race pure" is evident from Rahab's dealings with Israel. She hid the Jewish spies, and as a result, read from Joshua 6:25, "And Joshua saved Rahab the harlot alive, and her father's household, and all that she had; and she dwelleth in Israel even unto this day; because she hid the messengers, which Joshua sent to spy out Jericho."

So the skin color being a curse is false, I believe. Nations may receive curses, and people that go along with their nation's sin fall under this. Every nation is predominately one skin color, but skin color is not evidence of curses being past from generation to generation, an individual person's sin is evidence of this.

So while America has sins that are predominant here (worship of Hollywood stars, sports, the human body) that goes across racial boundaries.

So the curse given in Genesis is not evident in skin color today. That view is just given out of ignorance of Scripture, lack of prayer, and no personal heart searching. It's an easy answer that doesn't point an individual toward their own sin. It puts God's justice on other people, rather than ourself.

2005/8/8 21:02Profile
saved_matt

Lancashire, England

Re: One Blood

Acts 17:24-26

God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
And [b]hath made of one blood all nations of men [/b]for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation.

good book on this available to read online :

[url=http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/OneBlood/index.asp]One Blood[/url]

2005/8/9 13:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy