SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Leonard Ravenhill's Top 41 book Recommendations!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
CyberCarbon

Re: Tozers Book List?

That is a great idea, I hope someone has time to work on it?

2005/12/22 22:01Profile
CdnRic

Pierrefonds (Montreal,Qc)

Re: Leonard Ravenhill's Top 41 book Recommendations!

Thanks for taking the time to publish this list.

Quote:
SOLD OUT

Check out http://www.abebooks.com/
whereyou can find just about any book available; Atonement by Barnes is available starting a 5$

Used Books from personal and church libraries are great way to build your own, as well as getting your hands on 'out of print' volumes.

Ric

2005/12/27 15:40Profile
Samer

Re:

I also noticed the difference between this and Tozer's list. Basically, Tozer had lots of works by strange, mystical Catholic authors. Tozer's list is floating around somewhere on the forums here. I can't wait to read some that are on Ravenhill's list. Just ordered "Christian in Complete Armour," "Fair Sunshine," and Ravenhill's "Why Revival Tarries." :-)

2007/4/28 16:59Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

There are so many good books on this list.

Not for theology but for "knowing God"

2010/1/16 5:56Profile

Great list by a great man of God. This is a rich reference that needs to be re-circulated from time to time. I look forward to looking at these. Thank you very much.

2010/1/20 20:02
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

I just received "Better Things from Above" by Gregory Mantle in the mail last night because of this list. I have to say, this is already shaping up to be one of my favorites as well. I can see why Leonard Ravenhill liked it. It is rare to find a synopsis of a book in the bible that has no agenda other than to revel in what exactly the epistle meant.

If the book of Hebrews has mystery in it to you then get this book. Thank you so much for posting this list. I never would have even heard of this book were it not for SI, as well as with many other things this website has turned me on to. What a treasure.

I find with every paragraph I read that my heart is soaring with heavenly expectation and renewed passion and hope in my Savior Jesus Christ. What a blessing. Thank you, thank you, thank you...

2010/2/13 0:21Profile
goatmop

Colorado, USA

Re:

These is a list on Amazon that has most of these on it. This list is for the Kindle, and most of what Ravenhill suggested is on there (and quite cheap, to boot!).

Hope this helps someone!

http://www.amazon.com/lm/R374YP00U56N15/ref=cm_lm_pthnk_view?ie=UTF8&lm_bb=

2012/7/31 17:59Profile
learjet

Re:

Thanks for bringing this back up! I was able to find Life of God in the Soul of Man on Kindle for a buck, thanks again!

Much love!

2012/7/31 18:13Profile
Jeremy221

I felt I should bump. Blessings brethren.

2016/4/15 11:51Profile
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

I would recommend the little biography of Samuel Morris. If you want to know what it means to live by a simple faith, to be filled with the Holy Spirit and trust God like a child who knows his Father cases and loves him, life of Morris is one of the best illustrations. His conversation in itself was a miracle.

2016/4/15 12:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy