SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : apathy in the church

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
denem7

Orange Park, FL

apathy in the church

what can i do to combat the apathy that i see in the church? simply pray?
thanks- dennis

2005/8/7 21:22Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: apathy in the church

Hi denem7...!

I feel that the best way to fight apathy in a local church is to pray. Then, regardless of whether or not people care, continue to be an example as a "doer of the Word." Perhaps that fire will be contageous and spread to those around you!

:-)

2005/8/7 21:32Profile
LetUsPray

Re: apathy in the church

Hi Brother,

I want to share something with you which may give you a better perspective on APATHY in the Church. I don’t do this to show off my knowledge of Greek (I have none), but rather with the hope that it will give you a deeper desire to pray.

In the New Testament the Greek word APEITHES and the words APEITHEO which is derived from APEITHES, appear 16 times. It has been translated as “disobedient,” but also as “not believe(d).” When I see this word, I see “apathy.” Looking at the Church of Jesus Christ in the Western world, an attitude of apathy best describes the atmosphere prevalent in churches today - an apparent apathy towards prayer, towards studying the Bible, towards reaching out to the lost, and towards a deeper walk with Jesus.

Ultimately this is total disobedience to all that Jesus commanded us to do, so the word APATHY describes a state of disobedience. And yes, prayer is the most powerful tool we have, because through it we ask the only true God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Ezekiel 22:30 and 31, "I searched for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand in the gap before Me for the land, so that I would not destroy it; but I found no one. "Thus I have poured out My indignation on them; I have consumed them with the fire of My wrath; their way I have brought upon their heads," declares the Lord GOD.

God will judge us if we disobey Him. In 2 Thes. 2:11,12, we read that God will send a delusion upon those who are disobedient, so they will believe what is false.

If you feel let to pray, ask God for compassion for your brothers and sisters and ask to forgive them for their apathy and to give them the Spirit of Wisdom and Revelation in the Knowledge of Him, to enlighten the eyes of their hearts (Eph, 1:17,18). Ask your heavenly Father to lead you in anything else He would have you do.

Prayer is THE most important thing we can do!

In His Love,

Hans Prang
www.thefinalcall.net

2005/8/31 13:57Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy