SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Hell and Everlasting Punishment, Part 18: Retribution

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Hell and Everlasting Punishment, Part 18: Retribution

Hell and Everlasting Punishment
Part 18: Retribution

Hell is a place of retribution, where God will give to every unsaved person exactly what he deserves. God says, "But he that doeth wrong shall recieve for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons." (Colossians 3:25).

"Now will I shortly pour out my fury upon thee, and accomplish mine anger upon thee: and I will judge thee according to thy ways, and will recompense thee for all thine abominations. And mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity: I will recompense thee according to thy ways and thine abominations that are in the midst of thee; and ye shall know that I am the LORD that smiteth." (Ezekiel 7:8-9).

"Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you; And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power." (2 Thessalonians 1:6-9).

AUGSBURG CONFESSION OF 1530: "Christ shall appear to judge... ungodly men and the devils shall He condemn unto endless torment."

D.L. MOODY: "Some people come to me and say: 'You do not really believe there is such a thing as everlasting retribution and future punishment, do you?' Yes, I do. The same Christ who talked to us about that bring upper world has given us a picture of the lost. In this portion of scripture [Luke 16:19-31] it has been drawn very vividly by the Master Himself. We hear a voice coming up out of the lost world -of the man that was once upon the earth -and fared sumptuously every day, and yet was lost, not for a time, but for eternity. Over and over again, Christ warned those who hung upon His words. Once, in speaking to His disciples, He spoke about, the worm that dieth not; about one being cast into Hell, where the worm dieth not."

2005/8/7 18:40Profile

©2002-2017 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Google+ | Privacy Policy