SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : WatchCry Quotes (Provoking Thoughts on Prayer, Revival & Missions)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

“The chief danger of the Church today is that it is trying to get on the same side as the world, instead of turning the world upside down. Our Master expects us to accomplish results, even if they bring opposition and conflict. Anything is better than compromise, apathy, and paralysis. God give to us an intense cry for the old-time power of the Gospel and the Holy Ghost!” -A. B. Simpson

2007/10/18 12:48Profile
jiyouk

Re:

Quote:

“Some people do not like to hear much of repentance; but I think it is so necessary that if I should die in the pulpit, I would desire to die preaching repentance, and if out of the pulpit I would desire to die practicing it.” -Matthew Henry

I like this quote too..
I met about 6 Christian pastors at a wedding.
Bob Sorge and 5 others who's name I can't recall. They were very famous people and I was excited to meet them as a 22 year old kid.
I asked them this same question.
"If you had only one message before your death, what would that message that summarizes everything be?"

I was hoping they would elaborate a little more..Anyway Bob Sorge said John 15:9 "as the father has loved me, so have I loved you, now remain in my love."
one guy said "pursue the presence of God."
another guy "God is love"
the other guy "probably something about the cross and how it is the bridge toward God."
the last guy " I would say how it was an honor to be with them"

Well, all their answers were good. But what I really wanted to hear was what Matthew Henry said.

2008/5/28 3:51Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: WatchCry Quotes (Provoking Thoughts on Prayer, Revival & Missions)

Give me the love that leads the way, The faith that nothing can dismay, The hope no disappointments tire, The passion that will burn like fire, Let me not sink to be a clod: Make me Thy fuel, Flame of God.

- Amy Carmichael

2008/5/28 4:05Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy