SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Missionary Testimonies Question.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Missionary Testimonies Question.

At one point in my life, I was somewhere where Missionaries from all over would come visit us and tell us the most amazing stories.

Not lengthy, just testimonies of amazing events that had happened on their watch.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a book or place where I can get stories like those. Not full books on just one Missionary, but a compilation of amazing stories from various Missionaries ?

Those short stories I had heard, were so incredibly faith building, that I'd love to hear more.

Thanks you all.

2005/8/5 1:23
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: Missionary Testimonies Question.

Hi Grannie...!

There is a book available at most area Wal-Marts called [i]Jesus Freaks: Stories of Revolutionaries Who Changed Their World, Fearing God, Not Man[/i]. ISBN: 0764227467 It is a joint venture by [i]DC Talk[/i] (the contemporary Christian music group) and [i]Voice of the Martyrs[/i]. However, the book is authored by several anonymous writers. The book is a compilation of many stories of missionaries and pioneers of faith. There are several other books in this "series." Two of these books are dedicated to those who have lost their lives for the faith (both recently and in the distant past).

While I am not a big fan of [i]DC Talk[/i], I was greatly touched by the stories found in the books. The stories are well-told and greatly inspiring. And the books are available for about $10 at your local Wal-Mart.

:-)

2005/8/5 1:48Profile

Re:

Hey, Thank you Chris, a lot.

I read Jesus Freaks, and get VOMs newsletters, but I haven't kept up with the following of the Series. That's a Great idea. And seems the Lord is in what you've said, because for some reason, right by me sits a VOM newsletter, that I had kept opened to the Resources page, thinking I'd look at that later. And noticed "Extreme Devotion" there, and volume 2 of Jesus Freaks ... so there you are, the confirmation God chose to help me decide on these. [u]NEAT !!![/u]

Thank you again !
Annie

2005/8/5 2:34

Re: Look what I just found.

Well, it may not necessarily be about Missionaries, but I was in the "M" section, on the Articles Page, looking for Morrison and I found this .... "Remarkable Answers To Prayer (121)"

And just one that was a faith booster type story I've been looking for was here ... https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=15884

And there's still 120 left for me to read.
Yeeeeeee-haaaaaaa. THANKS !!!

Happy Day.

2005/8/7 0:34
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Here is a web site you might enjoy:
http://www.ccel.org/s/shaw_sb/incidents/incident.htm

Don't check it out unless you have plenty of time to read!

ginnyrose

2005/9/7 22:35Profile

Re: THANK YOU !

Wow ginnyrose, Thank you !

CCEL has been on my desktop for years, but I never saw this page. This is incredible.

Thank you so much for caring enough to post it.

God Bless !

Annie

2005/9/7 23:07
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

There is a thrilling book called

[b]Then God Stepped In: Gordon Moyes. Longmans Green 1948[/b] which is long out of print but you may find it second hand. It is just what you requested, mostly missionary accounts of God's remarkable interventions in answer to prayer.

2005/9/8 4:53Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Annie, I am glad you like it. It has blessed me so much.

ginnyrose

2005/9/8 16:00Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Here's a link to [url=http://www.homefirespub.com/how_they_prayed_volume_3.html]Home Fires Publications[/url] , they offer a series of books titled [i]How They Prayed[/i]. Volume 3 deals with missionary stories, here a description of the book from that site...

[i]The stories in this book are biographical. It is not teachings on prayer, but examples of effective prayers. Many of the early frontiers in missions were opened up through earnest fervent prayer. Let us pray.[/i]

In Christ,

Ron

2005/9/8 16:28Profile
Conqueror

You should read "Through Gates of Splendour" by Elisbeth Elliot. Fantastic book.

2005/9/9 16:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy