SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : I was baptized by fire!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

I was baptized by fire!

I am almost to hesitant share this as I assume some would scoff at the experience or come up with a theological reason why it is not genuine. Today, God made Luke 3:16 as real to me as the ground under my feet:

"John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire"

I have been saved for three years, and have stayed somewhat faithful in Bible study, prayer, evangelism, teaching, living holy, etc, but I have gotten to the point, lately and today, where I KNOW that there is something greater than what is going on in my spiritual walk.

I prayed with two dear brothers in Christ this morning, that He would break down his church, bring us low, and decrease us. That there would be less me, and more Christ. I have felt the Holy Spirit to the point of crying conviction in church the last 3 Sundays, and I felt Him today, so much that I broke down twice so heavily that I didn't want to stand. The third time was so powerful that I began to scream, "GLORY TO GOD!!! REVIVAL IS ON!!! GLORY TO GOD!!!

It was the most powerful thing I have ever experienced, many times moreso than my conversion. I could only think about that what I had within me was what John Baptist had burning inside of him: the all-powerful, all-knowing, purifying, raging inferno of the Spirit of God upon me. I did not feel a physical contact of any kind, although it felt as if I was standing in the middle of a spiritual wind tunnel that was consumed in a blazing inferno.

I would say that the most emotional church I have ever witnessed or seen or TV, would be the equivalent of a spiritual cap gun, as what went through me being comparable to being next to a spiritual atomic bomb. It was absolutely unbelievable, I will never be the same.

Acts 2:2 was real, and it is real. So my brothers and sisters in Christ, please take this as a statement of love, that is intended to bring a true Holy Ghost revival like they saw in the days of Wesley, Finney, Ravenhill, etc. If it offends or convicts, then I hope you will understand that God is going to operate and move regardless of what you do, so: either prepare the way of the Lord, or get ready to be moved out of His way.

Revival is real, and is going to come regardless of what the world does. How do I know, because it happened to me today. So choose this day whom you will serve, the world or the Lord.

If this subject is new to you, God bless you. Read the book of Acts and compare your church with what they had. Then listen to the following audio on this site, "The Revival Hymn:

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=2903

Also watch the Ravenhill video here called: "Leonard Ravenhill, A Man of God" listed on this site under, "An Interview with Leonard Ravenhill"(video):

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=1

Study the works of past revivals of Edwards, Wesley, Finney, Whitefield, Moody, Campbell, and Ravenhill and see how they match up with what happened in the book of Acts, and how we are just trying to stir up emotion and intellectualism. I don't say that to insult you, I say it because I want you too to enter into the majesty of God Almighty.

I think what made today different from all before, is that I quit praying with my focus for sinners, and starting focusing my prayers to ask that God would work on me. Read and obey 2 Chronicles 7:14

2005/8/4 17:27Profile
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re: I was baptized by fire!

I have been a christian for 12 years, and in that time I have been quite active in the church, leading bible studies, and serving one night a week in an inner city mission. I have always enjoyed this service, but about 2 years ago, I felt that the Lord was calling me to develope a closer relationship with Him through prayer, and scripture reading, as well as listening to quality sermon messages ( this site has been a God send for that). I have struggled in maintaining a consistant prayer/reading life. There always seems to be something coming up to cause me to put it aside.. In the last couple of weeks, I have felt a HUGE call to get serious with my seeking after him, and truly SURRENDERING my will to Him. I believe that many on this site have also had that call. Perhaps we can encourage one another to get SERIOUS about spending more quality time with the Lord, and less time with worldly distractions..I have a very strong conviction that the time is very short, and that the faithfull need to "press in" to hear His instruction for this hour..
LOL Greg :-o

2005/8/4 19:17Profile
todd

California

lgb,

That's great! Thanks for sharing. I pray that God increases His activity in your life.

2005/8/4 19:26Profile
moreofHim

Re: let it begin with me

Hal,

Quote:
I think what made today different from all before, is that I quit praying with my focus for sinners, and starting focusing my prayers to ask that God would work on me.

You hit the nail on the head here! This is something I also discovered a while ago. If we want revival, if we want change in the church or the community, if we want to see the end of compromise, the end of lukewarmness, the end of hypocrisy- then let it begin with each one of us first!

Many of us have been praying for revival or for change or for those sinners to get changed- yet we ourselves are in such need of change- in such need of refining.

And from what I have been experiencing, it doesn't happen overnight. it is still going on in my life and I believe it will continue. God has me focused on 'doing what "I" need to do' and not necessarily what others need to do, and as He does this- He uses us, but we don't know it and we can't really see it. [b]And praise God for that- because no flesh shall glory in His presence!!!!![/b]

Brokenness and the feeling of total unworthiness is the beginning of revival(personal or otherwise).

As Nancy DeMoss says in her article "Begin in my Sanctuary":

Quote:
"Oh God, it's not my brother, not my sister, not my pastor, not the deacons; it's not the church or the ministry down the street--but it's me, oh God. . . . Please shine the light of Your holiness into the innermost parts of my heart. Show me how I have sinned against You, how I have been a part of the problem, rather than a part of the solution. Show me where I need to repent."

Amen!

Praise God for the work He is doing in your heart! May you continue to surrender all to Him.

In Him, Chanin

2005/8/4 20:09Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Wow, praise the Lord!

2005/8/10 15:50Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Dear brothers in Christ,

You may already know this, but I didn't until the last week of studying up on the subject. What happened to me happened to Duncan Campbell. It happened to Moody. It happened to Wesley. Glory to God, I think revival is on!

Let us be on our faces weeping for God to move upon us. May we give ourselves up to the Lord that, though He would slay us, yet would we love Him. Let us be broken on the altar that he would send holy fire.

Revival is coming!
Revival is coming!

2005/8/11 10:08Profile
daniel-

Germany

Re:

Quote:
Brokenness and the feeling of total unworthiness is the beginning of revival(personal or otherwise).

Hi,

yes that is absolutely right.
But we are not supposed to stay at this point of feeling unworthy because HE GIVES US WORTH! we have the rightousness of Jesus Christ, he is our strength we dont have to feel unworthy and condenmed anymore!
He is our redeemer taking away all guilt and shame and giving us a new heart!
And the walk goes on!

be blessed!

2005/8/25 18:05Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
I will never be the same.

This is a key. Many people have experiences and act the same as they did before it. I think when God moves mightly on a person that it is not just for show and [u][i]the person will never be the same![/i][/u]

2005/8/25 18:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy