SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : TRIP: Greg (moderator) going to Lyndale Texas

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 TRIP: Greg (moderator) going to Lyndale Texas

I have the opportunity to go to Lyndale, Texas to meet up with brother Jesse Morrell (Lazarus1719)

Road trip details:

I will be leaving God willing Tuesday August 2nd (tommorow) and will be arriving in Tyler, Texas on Wendesday August 3rd. I am leaving from San Diego on the tuesday and should arrive in Tyler, Texas on wendesday. I will be passing through from california to the states (arizona, and then new mexico) then there is texas. I am praying that someone will be able to offer a place to stay along the way somewhere. Please contact me asap via email on this site either PM or email: [email protected]

I might just sleep abit in the car at a rest stop but it would be nice if there was a place to stay for the night.

Also I will be leaving God willing on Friday, August 5th and should arrive back in San Diego on the 6th (saturday). I would appreciate prayers for saftey for the trip and if someone also could have accomidations on the way back.

I will be fellowshipping with Jesse Morrell and doing alot of other things there like visiting: Leonard's former Library,(which Wilkerson had built for him), Last Days former Caff where Leonard held a weekly prayer meeting, Winkie's library, Keith Greens former house and piano, the old run way of Keith Green (also near where he crashed), and the Garden Valley Cemitary where both Leonard and Keith are buried.

Thanks for the prayers. I will have many photos and stories to tell :)

2005/8/1 23:11Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re: TRIP: Greg (moderator) going to Lyndale Texas

Hey bro,

You might want to get in touch with Jerry Godfrey--pm me if you lost his number and want to call him. He might know some places you can stop and not only rest at, but also have some good fellowship.

2005/8/1 23:14Profile
arielle

usa

Re: greg's trip

hey greg,

i will definately be keeping you in my prayers...

have a wonderful and blessed time. how great it is to be able to see the things that you are going to see and meet with the people you are going to meet. keith green's former house? and his piano? wow..to me, that would be a complete blessing ;-)

can't wait to see pictures and hear how it goes :-)

much peace to you dear brother...

your sister in Christ,
arielle

2005/8/1 23:27Profile
moreofHim

Re: trip

Hi Greg,

wow this sounds like an exciting trip! I know a guy from xangaland :-), who I am praying for, who is living on Keith Green's old property. He is going to be mentoring 10-12 young men for a year. His name is [url=www.xanga.com/valetudospang]Drew Irwin[/url]
He is also a member of the Sermonindex blogring.

Anyway, if you see him, maybe you can say "hi" :-)

I hope you don't have to sleep in the car, you might be a little cramped. Maybe a van would have been better :-) Someone, anyone, pLeeeaase let Greg sleep at your house. :-)

Have a blessed and safe trip!

ysiC-Chanin

2005/8/1 23:37Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Greg...

I am excited to hear about your trip.

I made such a trip to Lindale (and Garden Valley) shortly after having met the Lord as a teen. During that trip, I visited YWAM, Last Days Ministries (but I think that they were preparing to move to California), and several other ministries located in the area. But the highlight of the trip was that I was blessed with the opportunity to meet Leonard Ravenhill in his home!

I was given directions by a man working on a truck on the side of the road. When I found the modest house with two small lion statues in a long driveway (like the man described), I parked and knocked on the door. Brother Ravenhill's wife opened the door, and I asked if I had the right house. She asked if I had an appointment. Unfortunately, I didn't. She told me to hold for a moment. She returned and invited me in. When I met brother Ravenhill, I was quite nervous. I was not dressed for a formal meeting. In fact, I was wearing a t-shirt and shorts. Brother Ravenhill began by asking me quite a few questions about my walk with God and my feelings about the current state of Christianity. After pouring out my heart, brother Ravenhill nodded to his wife.

At this point, brother Ravenhill seemed quite a bit more relaxed. His wife returned with some refreshments. Brother Ravenhill told me that he receives quite a few visitors (and requests for interviews), and he has to ask questions in order to know the intent of the visitors. He was very kind, and offered quite a bit of advice concerning things that were on my heart at the time (mostly concerns about inconsistencies that I was noticing in christianity as a new believer, and some family issues). It was during this visit that Brother Ravenhill exhorted me to "test everything" that I hear, read or watch. He gave me three books that he pulled off of his own bookshelf. Interestingly, he informed me that he was working on (or thinking about working on) a book tentively entitled "[i]Why Revival Still Tarries[/i]." However, I am not sure if that work was ever begun (let alone finished). After a while, he kindly thanked me for visiting, and offered me some parting words of wisdom.

A few months after my trip, I read about Leonard Ravenhill's death in a Christian publication. I found it bittersweet. It saddened me to know that such a uniquely humble man of God had finished his "race." But I was pleased that I was given the opportunity to have met him so shortly before his passing.

Right now, I am attending school in extreme southern Texas (about a 7 or 8 hour drive south of Dallas). Otherwise, I would welcome you to stay here. However, I will be praying for your trip!

:-)

2005/8/2 0:46Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

[laughs] Crazy! Last minute things can be fun sometimes, huh? Life can be an exciting adventure at times. I will be praying for your safety as you make the long drive. I know you will be in God's care. I know you will be blessed by neat experiences and great fellowship. Please do share pictures with us when you get back.

2005/8/2 1:52Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

[b]Chris[/b]

Quote:
Right now, I am attending school in extreme southern Texas (about a 7 or 8 hour drive south of Dallas). Otherwise, I would welcome you to stay here. However, I will be praying for your trip!

Thank you for sharing that information! wow what an experience. Praise God. I know I am going to be blessed by going to this area. Thank you for your prayers and offer of the stay at your home.

[b]Yolanda[/b]
Do pray and have a great few days serving the Lord and ministering to Him. Keep tabs on the site [wink].

I am praying that housing will work out. I will have to phone and be in touch with someone tommorow morning, I think it could work. If not I will definetly pray about getting arangments for the way back. Thank you all and I look forward to sharing what God does on this trip.

If anyone is interested here is the route I am taking:
[b]Total Est. Distance: 1463.33 miles [/b]
View on mapquest...

2005/8/2 3:10Profile

Re:

Greg, would this place with the red-star be too far out of your way. I'm not the best map reader on earth.
mapquest link

Or link shortener :-(

I think this is the trip opportunity of a lifetime.

Our prayers are with you all the way bro.

2005/8/2 3:26

Re:

Greg,

Can't wait for you to get here. We have a very full schedule! Even some open-air preaching Thursday morning in front of a court house.

Chanin,

I didn't know you knew Drew! That's awesome! He's a very good friend of mine. You can see pictures of Drew and I preaching together at: [url=http://www.openairoutreach.com/gallery/album06]Skate Park Preaching[/url] Actually I had the wrong picture format and couldn't get those online until Drew fixed it for me.

Yea Drew is a great brother. Such zeal and fire!

2005/8/2 4:14
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

I'm jealous!!!!! ooooooooh :) Sounds great. Hope ya have a blast.

2005/8/2 6:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy