SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Watching Jesus

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Kelechi

Watching Jesus

Hey guys i was just wondering, is it wrong to watch a movie like "The Passion" or "Jesus of Nazareth" since the bible says we should not make any graven images of God? What are you guys thoughts on that?

2005/7/31 22:42Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re: Watching Jesus

I have heard people that I respect greatly say this, and I think there is truth to that statement, especially since the film is Biblically inaccurate. However, the real thing to focus on is to use the subject of the film, or any subject we can, as a springboard to share the gospel.

I did watch the film, and know many Christians who did as well. While I'm not a big Passion of the Christ fan, it did make the passion a little more personal. Reminded my of the suffering He endured on our behalf.

My opinion is that it is like a statue, a flag, or a picture of our family on the wall. It is not the object, but what we give it that is dangerous. Even the table of the Lord can be a snare and a trap. When we go so far as to regard any piece of art to a likeness of God, we are in error. But I read clearly, concerning things that are under heaven, I am not "subject to ordinances, (Touch not; taste not; handle not; Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men." Col 2:20-22.

2005/7/31 23:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy