SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Heres a good topic, What about Angels? they are among us right?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
taco

Re:

OK, i shall continue for a little bit. Could it not be that Satan had an authority on earth. Surely this would not make him the greatest angel in all realms. Would it?

2005/7/31 17:05Profile
taco

Re:

Quote:
I still don't understand why it would say Michael did not 'dare' to bring a railing accusation against him. This is 'tomao' which is used in Matt. 22:46; Mark 12:34; 15:43; Luke 20:40; John 21:12; Acts 5:13; 7:32; Rom. 5:7; 15:18; 1Cor. 6:1; 2Cor. 10:2,12; 11:21; Phil. 1:14; Jude 1:9

Well glancing at that list I recognise 1cor 6:1 immediatly.
Quote:
Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unrighteous, and not before the saints

This surely has nothing to do with believers not wanting to go against each others authority. Its about doing what is right.

2005/7/31 17:11Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I guess maybe some of the venturing off could be my fault, I should have addressed the thread clearer, all I guess I really wanted to know was about "good" angels and if maybe anyone has encountered any personal experiences. I know we venture of topic anyway on a lot of things and basically it's because when we read scripture we come back with what it's ministering to us individually and that's ok, but sometimes some of us "including myself" get carried away off topic, I guess there is no happy medium. To be completely honest with all of you I was looking for a subject that was uplifting, interesting and a thrill to discuss and maybe some's personal experiences to keep the thread exciting and promising, I still think it could be turned around to my original intentions and if it could that would be fantastic, I am just so fascinated by the spiritual world and know there are good things going on there for our benefit, so what exactly are you saying Mr. Bill? well I guess I am saying can we discuss something cheerful? and maybe a little humor interjected once in a while? Certainly there are times to be serious in life, but I don't think God never takes pleasure in a sourpuss. The way some Christians look and act, you would think they had been given a permanent dose of Castor oil. I heard tell one time that a Christian foreign missions executive once told someone that he would never appoint a missionary to the field if the candidate didn't have a sense of humor. To be able to laugh at yourself and at the world around you,is a mark of maturity. I guess Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly. Never forget that Satan fell by force of gravity. Some of the people I've admired the most in life knew how to laugh at themselves and their circumstances.
Now I say all this in Love so I hope no one takes this out of prospective.
:-?

2005/7/31 17:56Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Well glancing at that list I recognise 1cor 6:1 immediatly.
Quote:
Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unrighteous, and not before the saints

This surely has nothing to do with believers not wanting to go against each others authority. Its about doing what is right.

I gave these references to illustrate the word 'tomao' not to further the idea of 'opposing authority'. We are not connecting; let's just leave it and get back to MrBillPro's theme.

2005/7/31 18:17Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

MrBillPro's original question:

Quote:
Heres a good topic, What about Angels? they are among us right?

right!
now that's not going to offend anyone; is it? :-D
are we having fun yet? :-( (just teasing, honestly!)

2005/7/31 18:20Profile

Re: Angels are with us

Here's a little thing I noticed a long time ago. In Genesis, when Jacob takes a rock for his pillow and dreams, the angels on the ladder to heaven were 'ascending and descending'. This is the order that Jesus quotes too when He's speaking to Nathanael. This suggests strongly to me that we are therefore, assured of an angelic presence on earth.

Genesis 28:12
And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it.

John 1
47 Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile!
48 Nathanael saith unto him, Whence knowest thou me? Jesus answered and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee.
49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.
50 Jesus answered and said unto him, Because I said unto thee, I saw thee under the fig tree, believest thou? thou shalt see greater things than these.
51 And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.

2005/7/31 18:28
taco

Re:

Sorry bill, I actualy have an angel story. I'll tell it for what it is worth, you can judge it for yourself.

My Aunt irene was looking for a job (this is many years ago).God had assured her she would recieve one on her 35th birthday. The evening before her birthday a christian friend sandra was leaving work in a large supermarket a stranger approached her and said tell Irene that mr H has a job for her in his shop. She had no idea who this guy was- he just said his piece and walked away. She relayed the message to Irene who was very curious as to who this guy was. Anyway, the next day she went into mr H's shop and said "I heard you had work for me". He was shocked; "who told you that", he said. She explained and he said he had pased on no such message. He then went on to say that the reason he was so shocked was that a position had just become available that morning.

never did find out who this messanger was. It seems that no one should have known that this position was coming up. Wheter this messanger was an Angel or not I can not asy for sure. But I have my suspiscions :-D

2005/7/31 18:33Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Taco I totally believe that.

I have a little story for yaw also a few years back I had stopped at this Shell station by my house to gas up and I saw this homeless person standing out front just kinda loitering around and there was two cars at the pump me and another lady and she was all dressed up real fancy driving a fancy car. I continued to watch him out of the corner of my eye just knowing he was going to come ask me for money and as I was watching him I saw him looking at the lady like well I am not going over there she probably won't give me a dime, so still watching out of the corner of my eye I saw him coming towards me and I said to myself O Lord why me. So he came over and sure enough he ask me brother do you have a dollar to spare and no sooner than he ask that, God said give him five dollars and I said "what!" give him five dollars God said it again give him five dollars so I did and he said thank you and God Bless you brother and I said I think he just did Bless me, I told him to have a good day and he went on, I mean no more than probably 20 seconds went by and I started looking for him again and he was no where to be found, I even went into the station and asked the man inside did you see were that man that was standing outside went and he said what man, I went WO! what's happening here I continued to walk totally around the station back to front and he was no where to be found, by that time I was really wondering what in the world did I just experience, then I thought about it a minute, I said to myself he had to have been an Angel and God was testing me. I am self employed and it was like just a couple days later and I received the biggest job I had even had in my 27 year business life "coincidence" I think not! no such thing as coincidence, I just broke down and started crying because I saw God working in my life and had such a humble feeling about it. I totally believe it was an Angel he sent to test me on my giving and thank you Lord! I passed the test and what an awesome reward he gave me in such a short period of time and I think he did it that way so I would know it was related to my test. You know I still remember that like it was yesterday and it still brings a tear to my eyes.

2005/7/31 21:47Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Paul seems to have been very aware of the presence of angels...
1Cor. 4:9 For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.

1Cor. 11:10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.

2005/8/1 15:41Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

A good book on angels is Angels to Help You by Lester Sumrall.

2005/8/1 16:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy