Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I need your opinions about my husband

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Mekdi

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

I need your opinions about my husband

If anyone have an opinion on this I welcome it.

My husband who was unbeliever so far, started attending church before a couple of months- (I would like to thank some of the saints here who were with me in prayer all the way through until it is answered) Praise God!

One thing that marvels me about my husband is the way he witness Christ even before he decided to attend church. He always boldly witness Christ- His colleagues used to report this to me. Even the believers who worked with him told me that whenever religious debate started at their office café when employees gather there for tea- The believers say they always leave the matter to my husband (in my country if you say anything against angelic and the virgin Mary worship you are hated for 80% of the population believe on that the major religion of the country being orthodox Christianity more like the Catholics, what they defer is the ones in our country believe on arks and really worship arks) But my husband boldly shows people that it is only Jesus Christ that saves saying things against all these!

Recently he was at Dubai for a meeting with his colleagues. his superiors were there with him also. He told me that He argued with them about Christ- reasoning with them, clearing the false name that is on believers and boldly claiming that he is not one of them but he is a protestant ( if you say that in our country it means you only believe on Jesus for your salvation and you end up your good social life at the same time) One man- from the top management promised him that he will go home and read his bible and would call my husband to let him know his decision about following Christ. The others opposed but the seed is already there. Praise God!

How can he come to witness Christ even before he was saved?! Your opinions here.

Your sis. Mek

2005/7/30 1:38Profile

Re: I need your opinions about my husband

Wow Medki, that's a strong testimony.

It is hard to believe that your husband "wasn't" saved during that time. His heart was behind his beliefs and he acted on that belief, at the risk of being ostracized by those on his job, plus.

There's some Christians that wouldn't even do that.

He "believed in his heart, therefore he spoke" or "confessed" Christ to people ... so, according to Romans, that sounds "saved" to me.

You must be very proud. God has truly blessed you. And your husband. Praise The Lord !!!

Annie

2005/7/30 2:07
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

I think that I have a good opinion of this, as this was also me. Before I repented, and was converted, I also spoke and defended the name of Christ on occasion.

I was at this point, just like John Wesley, who before his conversion, went so far as to preach the gospel in America, and later commented that he preached the gospel, "not as I ought, but as I was able."

This concept simply supports the idea that we are God's elect (Ephesians 1:4-5: "he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world...Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself"), and are being drawn by the Father toward Christ, even before our conversion.

Wesley called this prevenient grace, that explains, "Fallen man has no desire to seek salvation, and cannot unless God calls him!" -From Prevenient Grace by Jeff Paton

John Calvin described this as "irresistable grace" in one of his five points of Calvinism.

These are the two major sides (freewill vs. predestination or Arminianism vs. Calvinism) that debate over the details of the fundamental truth that God calls us out of sin, this doctrine being found in John 6:44:

"No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him."

It is an interesting study that almost all have a differing opinion on, but remember to stick to Scripture and the teaching of the Holy Spirit through prayer, and, "he will guide you into all truth..." John 16:13

2005/7/30 9:53Profile

Re:

Mekdi,

I believe John Wesley was in this strange position also. He knew of the baptism of the Holy Spirit and preached it, but, had not received it himself. Many responded through his declaration of the whole gospel, even though he was also seeking a deeper measure for himself. It may be that someone can direct you to John Wesley's testimony on this matter, which may help you to place your husband in the frame somewhere. He sure sounds like one who is destined to preach...

2005/7/30 11:39
Compton

Re: The Almost Christian

Hello Medki,

Here is a link to a Wesley sermon where he shared the testimony that was mentioned here by Dorcas and Letsgetbusy. (As I recall, the religous people he preached this too weren't overly receptive...)

[url=http://www.nathan.co.za/wesley/almost.asp]The Almost Christian[/url]

Here are some exerpts from that infamous sermon that do seem to bear a resemblance to the information you shared regarding your husband. Of course this resemblance is not absolute...but maybe this is helpful.

" I did go thus far for many years, as many of this place can testify; using diligence to eschew all evil, and to have a conscience void of offence; redeeming the time; buying up every opportunity of doing all good to all men; constantly and carefully using all the public and all the private means of grace; endeavouring after a steady seriousness of behaviour, at all times, and in all places; and, God is my record, before whom I stand, doing all this in sincerity; having a real design to serve God; a hearty desire to do his will in all things; to please him who had called me to "fight the good fight," and to "lay hold of eternal life." Yet my own conscience beareth me witness in the Holy Ghost, that all this time I was but almost a Christian.

May we all thus experience what it is to be, not almost only; but altogether Christians; being justified freely by his grace, through the redemption that is in Jesus; knowing we have peace with God through Jesus Christ; rejoicing in hope of the glory of God; and having the love of God shed abroad in our hearts, by the Holy Ghost given unto us!

John Wesley (25th July 1741)"

Blessings,

MC

2005/7/30 11:49Profile
Mekdi

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Re:

Bless you all for your opinions, I always foresee these things on my husband inspite of the difficult characters he is displaying presently. “you’re not too far from the kingdom” says Christ. You helped me to pray more for my husband seeing Wesley’s testimony that I may not be deceived by the present condition but to pray more until he is altogether a Christian. (brother MC for your surprise I read the text the Almost Christian last week and was very much challenged for my own life I didn’t see it for my husband until you stated it) May the Lord fulfill his purpose on my husband and on us all!

God bless you all

Mek.

2005/8/1 1:43Profile

Re:

Quote:
May the Lord fulfill his purpose on my husband and on us all!

God bless you all

Mek.

Amen. And thank you Mekdi.

2005/8/1 3:01

Re: Daddy never went to church on Sundays

Daddy never went to church on Sundays
He said that's one thing I'll never do
Mama never gave up she said one day
He'll be setting here beside me in the pew
I can still here mama softly talking
Her tears falling on her folded hands
That Easter Sunday my daddy walked in
That's when I began to understand

When Mama prayed, good things happened
When Mama prayed, life would change
Not much more than five feet tall
But mountains big and small, crumbled all away
When Mama prayed

(by Randy Travis)

2005/8/1 9:22
saved_matt

Lancashire, England

all i can say here is to give a word of testimony regarding the questions of evangelism before salvation.

Before i was saved i used to very often argue from a pro-christian point of view, even to the point of yammering on for 3 hours in the pub one night (whilst drunk) all about how evolution is wrong and creationism is right with a friend of mine who had recently completed his degree in a biological field (i forget what) and of course because he hadn't been taught how to counter creationism he had no response, also i never did like it when people blasphemed even before the Lord dealt with my own sin.

This is i admit different from preaching Christ whilst being unsaved, I pray your husband will come to Christ very soon and evangelize in the power of the Holy Spirit.

2005/8/1 9:37Profile
arbustum

Sydney Australia

Re:

just a question, to those who defended Christ before they were 'saved', was it anything like this:

you knew the basics behind proper christianity, that being the following of the Christ, noone else! except you refused to call him your Lord and saviour at that stage, knowing the basics you argued on the truth? was it out of frustration becuase people were trying to pass judgements not really knowing what they were talking about? i want to understand what brought you to defend him before you loved him enough to relinquish your life to his cause. because of my dad, i was always hearing how God existed, but never anything on Jesus and the Holy spirit becuase he dindt and and to this day doesnt give them any notice instead he talks to God in prayer, he'll only adress God, but he wont claim jesus's name above his circumstances come hard times because he doesnt understand the principal of Knowing Jesus first then using Jesus as the bridge between himself and God, but thats different again, sorry to take this off on sich a tangent...

anyway when you think about it, i see people with these awesome traits, infact i see Godly knowledge and wisdom in them, and yet, they've not known Christ. instead they have stumbled on these principles and live them out in their everyday lives, just as common sense.

can you remember where your mind and heart were at?

2005/8/2 1:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy