Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Send the Fire! -booth

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Send the Fire! -booth

[b]Send the Fire![/b]

O God of burning cleansing flame, Send the Fire!
You're blood-bought gift today we claim!
Send the Fire today!
Look down and see this waiting host and send the promise Holy Ghost!
We need another P E N T E C O S T!!
Send the fire Today! Send the Fire! Send the Fire!

2005/7/29 17:23Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Send the Fire! -booth

Once while traveling, General Booth's car was detained. He took advantage of the opportunity and exhorted some idle factory workers. He said, "some of you men never pray, you gave up praying long ago. But I'm going to say to you, won't you pray for your children that they may be different?" Within minutes 700 men knelt in silent prayer.

At another time, two Salvation Army officers set out to found a new work, only to meet with failure and opposition. Frustrated and tired they appealed to the General to close the rescue mission. General Booth sent back a telegram with two words on it, "TRY TEARS." They followed his advice and they witnessed a mighty revival.

During the course of William Booths ministry he traveled 5,000,000 miles and preached 60,000 sermons. God help us in this desperate and distracted day in which we live to heed the General's advice. "Work as if everything depended upon your work, and pray as if everything depended upon your prayer."

2005/7/29 17:25Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re: Send the Fire! -booth

Glory to God! Lord Jesus send your flame!

Luke 3:16: "John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire"

2005/8/4 10:54Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy