Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Pope Won't Condemn Islam

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Pope Won't Condemn Islam

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

LES COMBES, Italy - Pope Benedict XVI said Monday he did not see an anti-Christian motive in the recent wave of terrorist attacks blamed on Islamic extremists, attributing them instead to "a much more general intention."
The pontiff also told reporters it was important to seek dialogue with the best elements of Islam.

He spoke while on vacation in the Italian Alps after visiting a church, brushing off a question about whether he believed Islam was a religion of peace.

"I wouldn't want to label (it)," he said. "Certainly there are elements that favor peace. It also has other elements."

Benedict said last week that terrorism is not the result of a clash between the West and Islam but the action of "fanatics."

2005/7/27 23:05Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re: Pope Won't Condemn Islam

Ergun Caner, a Turkish evangelist, who was an Islamic missionary, and son of an Islamic teacher, who was converted to Christ, has traveled and spoken widely on this subject. So he knows the Islamic laws better than most Muslims. He says that these men acting in holy Jihad are not fanatic, they are devout.

Surah 9:5, "So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush.."

The Forty-Seventh Surah of the Qur'aan: "So, when you meet (in fight Jihâd in Allâh's Cause), those who disbelieve smite at their necks till when you have killed and wounded many of them, then bind a bond firmly (on them, i.e. take them as captives)."

Doesn't sound peaceful to me. Suicide bombers are devout, and obediant to the deception of Satan via their "holy book." I don't understand why people don't see this. I suppose they are deceived as well.

2005/7/27 23:40Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Deception. That's the reason no one sees.

Yes, Ergun Caner is a great.

2005/7/29 9:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy