SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Hell and Everlasting Punishment, Part 13: Memory

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Hell and Everlasting Punishment, Part 13: Memory

Hell and Everlasting Punishment
Part 13: Memory

Hell is a place of memory. The rich man in Hell was told by Abraham, "Son, remember" (Luke 16:25). In commenting on the rich man in Hell, Dr. G. Beauchamp Vick, pastor of Temple Baptist Church, wrote:

"Oh, my friends, memory has been called the storehouse of the soul. What did Abraham tell him to remember? The things that happened in his lifetime. 'Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and thou are tormented.' 'Son, remember'. Yes, the memory that you will retain in Hell will be one of the awful horrors of that eternal inferno. Remember the good things, the good opportunities which you enjoyed in your lifetime. Those wasted opportunities of years gone by. 'Son, remember' how God let you be born in the land of open Bibles; in a land of open churches, in a land where the Gospel was just as near you as the radio or television dial in your living room, if you wanted to hear it. 'Son, remember' how a fellow by the name of Beauchamp Vick spoke to you week after week warning you to flee from the wrath of God to come. How he repeatedly told you of the horrors of an eternal hell for every soul that rejects Christ. Remember every church service you attended. Remember God has sent preachers of all kinds your way, yet you said 'no' to it all.

Remember every Gospel message which God let you hear, and yet you said 'no' to it all.
Remember every personal worker who pled with you to recieve the Lord Jesus Christ and repent of your sins, but you said 'no' to it all.
Remember every prayer of a godly Christian mother.
Remember every prayer of all your friends which you ignored.
Yes, my friends, some of you will remember every invitation hymn which you rejected.
You will remember every Gospel invitation to which you said, 'no'
You will remember time after time when you sat as the claims of Jesus Christ were being pressed hom upon your soul and you hardened your heart, you stiffened your neck and you said, 'no' to it all.
'Son, remember, that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likwise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted, and thou are tormented.'

"Hell is full of good meanings and wishings."
-George Herbert

"The vague and tenuous hope that God is too kind to punish the ungodly has become a deadly opiate for the consciences of millions."
-A.W. Tozer

2005/7/27 12:48Profile
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Re: Hell and Everlasting Punishment, Part 13: Memory

Quote:
Remember every personal worker who pled with you to recieve the Lord Jesus Christ and repent of your sins, but you said 'no' to it all.

there is a short part of a sermon which Kevin Young (lead singer of Disciple) held on stage

when i read this article, i remember this sermon of him and i just want to share it.

---

i was at home a couple of weeks ago and there was a friend of mine i was not very close to. and God sort of worked it out to spend some time alone together. And we sat in the car, and he began to share with me, well he's a guy who really doesn't talk that much, and he began to share with me how he lost about 70 pounds instead of 300 pounds, so he now weights around 230. He trims himself up and he was looking really good, and he decided to follow his dream, to be a bouncer of a stripclub, and that's exactly what he did, he worked in on, two, three different stripclubs. And he began to talk about that he had been dating with prostitutes and all these kind of things and hanging around with people on drugs and cocaine and smoking crack etc.

And he began to pour out his heart, he's really big and tuff guy, a guy i would never thought to see this, but he really began to pour out his heart to me, and he began to share, and the words he spoke to me were, he said "i have never been so alone in my entire life, i never felt so lonely, i have never felt like i belong to anyone, that i belong anywhere, i just want somebody who loves me."

Man it broke my heart, and sit and begin to listen to him, because satan would have us to believe that, you know, some people believe that the dream he had and the life he was living, would be a dream come true, to some people. And he lived it, and coming back from it, his experience was "i am alone", "i don't feel anybody loves me", "all my friends just steal from me, they are just living for themself and don't care about me, they are just out on what they can take from me"

And man as i was hearing that, he was talking about "i just want somebody who loves me, i wish i could have a good relationship, i wish i could belong and find all these things" and i felt like that The Holy Spirit began to open up my mouth, and used me to talk to him, because the things i said was like "ain't no way it is coming from me".

And so i began to open up my mouth and speak, and this is what came out, and i believe it was The Holy Spirit speaking words to him, and i said it to him, and this is what i said: "you got a gift that so many people don't have right now, there are a i don't know how many people in Hell right now, but there are a whole lot of people in Hell right now, that wish to come back and have the gift that you have, so you think it's too late because the circumstances have you, do you think it's too late because the things that having you
physicly happening to you, you think it's too late and life is over? and i am telling you right now that so many people in Hell right now love to come back and have the chance what you have now. Because it is not over for you, you're breathing, your heart is beating, it's not over untill God is done with you and your eyes are shut and you never breathe again. But untill that point, you are not a mistake or an accident, for GOd has a divine purpose for you and a divine destiny and He wants to fulfill that in your life.

I told him, "listen man, if those people in Hell could come back and if they could have this one shot, to have this one chance, they wouldn't come back and ask for a relationship, they wouldn't ask for someone to love them, they wouldn't ask for a better job, they wouldn't ask for a nicer car, they wouldn't ask for a nicer house, they wouldn't ask for nicer clothes, they wouldn't ask to be pretty, they wouldn't ask to be smart, they wouldn't ask to fit in and have friends BUT they would come back and have a moment like this, like we are having now and stand and instead of saying NO in all those chances and moments, that they said NO, that they could come back and say YES!!"
---

note:
i had to type it over, because i have it this sermon on dvd and there is no audio transcription and somethimes he would speak quite fast.

*edited, to make it a little bit more clear*

2005/7/27 14:01Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Hell is a place of consciousness-ref Lk 16:23,24; a place of DARKNESS-Mt 8:12; eternal separation from your loved ones-ref Lk 13:28; not the slightest hope of release-ref Mt 25:46. There is the torment of memory in hell. You may remember every single chance you had to repent, yet you refused-ref Lk 16:27,28.

2005/7/28 0:28Profile

©2002-2017 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Google+ | Privacy Policy