SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Gut Wrenching.......

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
ellie

UK

Re: 'WE'

You say 'we' a lot. and that I don't understand. I refuse, your explanation of what I might feel or think or conduct myself etc.

I also refuse and don't include myself in your replies. My thoughts and my ways do not incoparate self admiration.
Please let it be noted that I do not think or feel as TiltedHalo and so would like not to be classed of, as having the same thinking, feeling or doing etc as, TiltedHalo.

I would ask that you refrain from posting your explanations of the above about me.

One thing I would like to say is, I thank God that he would choose me at all. I walk with him, we walk together. He loves me, I love him, he is my Father we laugh together. He lifts my Spirit. Amen
I have been walking with him for many years, through many painful trials. I have looked to him in the darkness, in the night, ill unable to sleep, crying, in fear. He has saved me from snares set for me. He has kept me, from terrible destruction.
He has carried me, healed me, over and over. What more can I say. The fruition of this particular journey is yet to come to fruition.
How stronger I am now, than at the beginning.
And I press forward with Him.
Thankyou
ellie

2005/7/31 12:30Profile
TiltedHalo

Brooklyn, USA

Re: Again

Again, you continue to try to defend your walk & relationship with the Lord in which I have spoken not a thing of.

That is awesome that you can experience communion with Abba. But again, this strays from my point. The issue isn't our relationship with the Other, it is the internal relationship with ourselves per se.

I will only go by your very first post; and frankly that is self-approval. Period. The reason I use 'we' is because I do it also. I am not only typing to you; I am typing to myself as well. Have you ever caught yourself imparting some new found truths to someone and you realize God is speaking to you, through you?

Again, and I will try to state this as clearly as possible: I AM NOT QUESTIONING YOUR WALK WITH DADDY. okay?

I am speaking of that feeling that "we" (And I can include you in this because with self admission you have felt "a job well done" in praise) get when we meet a certain presupposition of praise & worship that was self-induced into our thoughts.

That is all.

In His Name

2005/7/31 13:57Profile
ellie

UK

Re: TiltedHalo on 2005/7/31 18:57:03

In your thread to me Quote:
Again, and I will try to state this as clearly as possible: I AM NOT QUESTIONING YOUR WALK WITH DADDY. okay?

[i]The above and further rude content to me in your threads to me, is Sarcasm with purpose to Humiliate.[/i]

You have just demeaned God with the above.

I have answered your questions to me, in a very polite and very patient manner.

If you read the two threads carefully without sarcasm in you, you should be able to see that I have answered you.

You choose to however, reply rudely, with sarcasm in your threads with an insistence that, you need to keep repeating YOUR points.
I asked you in my last thread not to post anymore to me and you ignored my request.
So I am asking again please do not send any more threads to me.
I will complain about content and manner towards me if you send another one.

Ellie.

2005/7/31 16:49Profile
TiltedHalo

Brooklyn, USA

Re:

I am not going to leave your reply unansered & Whoa whoa whoa ... Ellie. Just because I called Father God, Daddy doesn't mean I am being sarcastic whatsoever. I am not DEMEANING Abba whatsoever. God is my Lord, My Saviour, My Friend, My Governor, My DADDY also. If you take offense to the way I can call God Daddy, then maybe you need to check yourself.

I haven't come out in any which way or form that demeans God OR you.

Why are you so offended?

I was trying to impart, what I feel, is some important truths. And I was trying not to be so impersonal by incorporating myself in this "self-approving" emotion that you get when you worship which ISN'T a healthy feeling. Now if you do not agree with that then that is another issue but do inject these false truths in my own words. No need to try to throw a monkey wrench into this conversation.

If you are not willing to receive something that a fellow believer has felt & learned from then maybe there is a bigger problem than you taking credit for a gift that has been graciously given to you.

Good Day

2005/7/31 23:42Profile
TiltedHalo

Brooklyn, USA

Re:

Quote:

ellie wrote:
Quote: You are living a life of ease and things are just wonderful all about. God has been using you and you are getting recognition and you just can't help but be proud of yourself. Hmmmm.

Do you not think that the "Proud" that you felt, is a humble, well pleased, having done servie for God and succeeded and completed a purpose for God. Happy that you have fulfilled a purpose?

I know what pride is and try not to have that. but this is the way I feel sometimes.
Like When I sing and worship him I am pleased that I make an effort in worship to him and that he fills my worship to him, with himself

I also at times, I kind of beam sometimes, if I feel that say, I have overcome a struggle or done a purpose for God that day. Quietly being pleased with having made the effort.

What do you think?

I gave you my thoughts and then you want to complain that I did?

2005/7/31 23:44Profile
ellie

UK

Re:Tiltedhalo

Quote:
'what do you think'

I was asking Lahry the person who Posted the subject. To whose Posting I was replying to.

You keep putting things on me, telling me what I do, what I believe. You tell me what I should do. Correcting me on, your issues. Telling me, chastiseing me. How old are you?
I am 55 years Old wiser by far than you. Thats more than Half a Century.
You have charged headlong in at me.

I refuse all the bad things that you have put on me.
You should be careful what you put on people.

Thankfully, I know how to refuse it.

You go far to far.

One error did not put the capital B there was a fullstop however after..... that.

I know what pride is and try not to have that. but this is the way I feel sometimes.
Like When I sing and worship him I am pleased that I make an effort in worship to him and that he fills my worship to him, with himself

THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD READ.............

I know what pride is and try not to have that.

But this is the way I feel sometimes.
Like When I sing and worship him I am pleased that I make an effort in worship to him and that he fills my worship to him, with himself.

My mistake however does not justify the barage you have put my way. Take note again, I do not do anything that, you say I do.

ellie

2005/8/1 0:17Profile
ellie

UK

Re: TiltedHalo on 2005/8/1 4:42:14

You keep putting things on me, telling me what I do, what I believe. You tell me what I should do. Correcting me on, your issues. Telling me, chastiseing me. How old are you?
I am 55 years Old wiser by far than you. Thats more than Half a Century.
You have charged headlong in at me.

I refuse all the bad things that you have put on me.
You should be careful what you put on people.

Thankfully, I know how to refuse it.

You go far to far.

ellie

2005/8/1 0:30Profile
ellie

UK

Re: Gut Wrenching.......

Good Title you chose Lahry.....

Fits the description of Tiltedhalo and ellie.

Gut Wrenching....... Tiltedhalo and I are surely putting your rateings up, you never know you might get into the TOP TEN Listings yet.

Although don't hold your breath, coz these Threads are wearing me out. Well, I am more than Half a Century Old, havent got a zimmer frame, or a walking stick. I'll still be standing on two feet when I'm 110 years old. Probably still placeing Threads on here.

Time for a cup of English Tea.

ellie

2005/8/1 0:53Profile

Re:

Hi Ellie,

I try to abide by Prov. 26:17, but my name's been mentioned twice too, so this isn't exactly "meddling".

I don't believe "age" has a thing to do with our behavior or knowledge or stand before God or not even can "experiences" qualify us as superior in any way to other Christians, so I believe we are All Ageless in that regard, in God's eyes.

I too am past the 1/2 Century mark, but I've met young teens who have behaved better than most adults on forums and knew the Lord better than those saved 30 yr.s or more.

Nothing is an accident, with God. Every person we meet is to bring out what's really inside of us.
If we think some are worth talking to and others aren't, then we've missed a wonderful opportunity to allow God to use them, to 'grow' us. Regardless of age, how long saved, etc. etc..

Rom 8:28 is FOR 8:29. They are one verse actually, not two.

There are NO coincidences with God, and each person that is on this forum is to Grow us, in one way or another and we are to just Love them and thank God for this opportunity to see ourselves for what we really are and use them to 'grow' us.

If someone was saved Yesterday, and was younger than me, ta-boot, I would listen to every word they say, because the Holy Spirit dwells in them Too, and He may use them to teach me or share a Word that's directly from God Himself.

I don't know how old Tilted Halo is, or whether they are a male or female ... but I believe (and I've read this thread a few times now) that TH has been nothing but polite.

As far as your complaints about my posts ... I will post them again here and you can critique them for us.

[u]Especially[/u] the Scripture Verses that I used, that you said ...

Quote:
Ellie;

And some of the scripture from Grannie, could lead me to feeling unhappy.

If we took all of the scripture, and used all in daily life. It would be like being in a straight jacket, when would we be cheerful, with maturity.

His Love to you.
Annie

Quote:

Post one:

This is another good thread.
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=5621&forum=34&8

Post two:

His love, the only crucifier of 'self'.

[b]"If we focus on just one bad trait/habit of our flesh/Self, then we'll see it in everybody else.
Better to just cry out to God to put Self, itself, on the Cross and ask He remind us and help us to keep it there, by His Word. Give us Your Love God."

"He who sees himself as humble, has ceased to be."[/b]

Phi 2:3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others as better than themselves.
Phi 2:4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. (concern/compassion)
Phi 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Phi 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Phi 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Phi 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Joy = J for Jesus - O for Others - Y for you, last.

1Co 13:4 Love has patience, is kind; charity is not envious, is not vain, is not puffed up.1Co 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
1Co 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the
Truth .

Love is the guaranteed antidote to pride(Self), and we're to love each other enough to die for each other. As those in the Coliseums, covered their brothers with themselves, so the lion would kill them instead.

Mat 5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbor, and hate thine enemy.
Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
Mat 5:46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

1Pe 4:8 and above all things, have Fervent love among yourselves, because love will cover a multitude of sins. Prov. 10:12

After all the great works that Hudson Taylor had done, he said something to the affect of, ' In my strongest prayers, and best of preaching, etc., I still see the tinge of 'flesh' (self) in all of my deeds.

Paul said, "not that I have already 'attained' ... "

Pride is just another word for "flesh or Self", and from all the great men we read about, it's a battle till we're with the Lord. But HE must do the work, or it's still "self".

[b]We can only cry out, in the privacy of our own prayer closets. "To be like Him."
Self-sacrificial.

Pride is just a portion of 'self', so it's not the pride that needs the focus, it's the 'Self' needing crucifixion.[/b]

Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am ! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death? Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord ! ....

Love is the antidote to self. The Apostle John learned this best of all.
His Love through us and ours crucified.

2005/8/1 2:19
ellie

UK

Re: GrannieAnnie on 2005/8/1 7:19:56

STOP THE ATTACKS TOWARD ME AND MY WALK WITH GOD

Not to offend you but...

I reject. What you say.

In reply to you. Not all things said on this site are edifying.

Quote:I try to abide by Prov. 26:17, but my name's been mentioned twice too, so this isn't exactly "meddling".

It is meddling...

The reference to you, was actually a response to your Thread to me. that in fact I did not want to engage in.

I am an individual human being as each of us are God made us that way.

Tiltedhalo has got me, like yourself also, in totally the wrong concept.

And now, you!! are telling what I should recieve from another person,and yourself. TOTAL RUBBISH and again, I refuse such nonsence.

And there has been a great deal of rudness towards me from Tiltedhalo. And now from you.

Please can you both stop enforceing your opinions
ON ME!

Because God does not have those opinions of me.

It would seem to me that some people are just browbeaters.

STOP THE ATTACKS TOWARD ME AND MY WALK WITH GOD.

ellie

'Jesus was a man of few words.

2005/8/1 3:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy