SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : When saying "Do not speak against" is an ominous sign

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
jeremyhulsey

When saying "Do not speak against" is an ominous sign

I received this email from Alan Martin this afternoon and it is well worth the time to read.

Dear Saints,

Please consider this very ominous sign with its sober implications.

When men say "do not speak against"

This morning I was reading in Amos and these sobering considerations prompted me to make this appeal. Unfaithful men nevertheless always do what "is right in their own eyes;" this brings them into conflict with those God raises up to speak "against" their walk. Amos 2:11-12 "I also raised up prophets from among your sons and Nazarites from among your young men. Is this not true, people of Israel declares the Lord. But you made the Nazarites drink wine (causing them to forfeit their set apart status with God) and commanded the prophets (those God had raised up to speak against their ways) not to prophesy.
When these are the conditions around us (men not wanting to hear words that are against what is right in their own eyes) we will hear things similar to Amos 7:10 "Amos is raising a conspiracy against you in the very heart of Israel. The land cannot bear all his words." Notice that this is the reaction of the religious leadership of the day to the prophets that God raises up to "speak against" the ways of His unfaithful people.
The tragic results of this attitude towards God's messengers is what I hope to avert by this appeal. If we refuse to hear God's message against us, this will be the result: Amos 7:16-17 "Now then, hear this word of the Lord. You say 'Do not prophesy against Israel, and stop preaching against the house of Isaac.' Therefore this is what the Lord says: 'Your wife will become a prostitute in the city, and your sons and daughters will fall by the sword. Your land will be measured and divided up, and you yourself will die in a pagan country, and Israel will certainly go into exile away from their native land."
Note what happens, especially to the sons and daughters - they fall by the sword. What sword will they fall by in our day? The sword Jesus came to bring to the earth. "Think not that I am come to bring peace, but a sword." We must remember that Simeon said of Jesus, "This child is destined to cause the falling and rising of many in Israel." Those who refuse to hear the words that Jesus Christ speaks against our sinful ways, will see their sons and daughters "fall by the sword" of Christ. The great "falling away" is among us, largely in part because there are many parents tired of hearing the words of the prophets that God has raised up among us.
Their children can clearly hear their parents' hearts saying "we're tired of hearing these words against us...we can't bear these heavy messages."
Those "in Israel," who become unwilling to receive the words of the prophets that God raises up to speak against their ways, will die in exile aways from their native land. The native land of "new Israel" is the land of the Spirit, the Sabbath rest of God. Those who refuse to hear God's words sent to turn us back to living in step with the Spirit will be exiled to the land of "the flesh", outside the land of their "spiritual birth." They will see their precious children fall by the sword of Christ Himself, their land (their homes) will be measured up and divided up by the enemies of God - the world.
Many once spiritual homes have been sent to the exile of "the flesh" already. They have been carried away by the various "winds of doctrines" that were more appealing to their flesh. The word of Christ, that is the word of life to those who receive Him, has become the very sword that divides their children from them. Their children are now fallen away from Christ (not necessarily the church) and they themselves are now living in the "world" and "the flesh" away from their spiritually native land of "abiding in Christ."
Brethren, beware the evil heart of unbelief that murmurs "stop speaking against our flesh". Beware turning our ears away from the truth and heaping to ourselves teachers according to our own desires. In the last days men will not endure sound doctrine (those words that speak against our flesh) and will say "we can't bear His words". For this God will reward us by giving them over to our own thoughts. We will thus walk according to the deceitful mind of the flesh, and die outside the rest of Christ.

Brother Alan

2005/7/25 14:28Profile

Re: When saying "Do not speak against" is an ominous sign

Praise God.

2005/7/25 23:43
jeremyhulsey

Re:

Amen Annie. I hope that many on SI read and take this to heart. It's a VERY timely message.

2005/7/25 23:46Profile
wildbranch

Re: When saying "Do not speak against" is an ominous sign

Quote:
Amos 2:11-12 "I also raised up prophets from among your sons and Nazarites from among your young men. Is this not true, people of Israel declares the Lord. But you made the Nazarites drink wine (causing them to forfeit their set apart status with God) and commanded the prophets (those God had raised up to speak against their ways) not to prophesy.

Quote:
When these are the conditions around us (men not wanting to hear words that are against what is right in their own eyes) we will hear things similar to Amos 7:10 "Amos is raising a conspiracy against you in the very heart of Israel. The land cannot bear all his words." Notice that this is the reaction of the religious leadership of the day to the prophets that God raises up to "speak against" the ways of His unfaithful people.

Good words - and a serious warning to us all
Thanks

2005/7/26 11:49Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy