Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Overcoming the craving to sin

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
wsbg

Earth

Re: Overcoming the craving to sin

I know that getting drunk is a sin. The bible goes over this many a time. But, what is it to get drunk? Let's say I just have a drink or two a day to relax after a hard day's work and am still in control of my actions. Is that a sin? I know that I'd rather spend the money of better things and that my body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. But, if I'm not drinking every day, let's say once every month at a party or at most once every 2 weeks, am I doing something that will separate me from my saviour. At this point I don't need to drink. I have a drink once in a while because I feel the need to take my stress away from me for a while. However, I don't want to rely on my own understanding because I know how it has deceived me before, and I don't want to come to the point where I "need to drink." What do you think? What can I do and what can I not do in regard to drinking? I'm seeking two different things.. The first is to know legalistically what will send me to Hell and what will not. The second, and I think more important is the knowledge of what will allow me to have the closest relationship with God that I can. This one certainly is not as easy as the first question. I'm open to your ideas and suggestions. Thanks for your input.

2005/7/28 20:05Profile
Sentry

West Monroe, Louisiana

Re:

Hi,

I was a drunk and drug addict for 20 years.

For me, it's like this:

Why would I ever want to pick up something that destroys so many lives.
I can't help but believe that God is not pleased with me having anything to do with it.
Not to mention what would someone think if they saw me have a beer.

Rom. 14:16 "Let now your good be evil spoken of" KJV

The Word of God says" Love not the world, neither the THINGS THAT ARE IN THE WORLD." 1 john 2:15

I don't have much time right now to talk because I have to leave...but I hope this sheds a little light on it.

My advice?
Stay away, stay far away.
Seek to please God with ALL your heart. Don't share your heart with any other affection.

In Christ,

Mark

2005/7/29 8:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy