SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Where are they???????

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sdb

tucson

Where are they???????

I have just returned from a weekend trip from NYC, where I had the pleasure and the privaledge to attend Times Square Church and listen to true men of God preach under the unction and direction of the Holy Spirit....its an awesome experience to come away from church feeling as if I have really gone, and recieved a true convicting and repentance filled message, not unlike many others that you will find on this site. But brethren, it grieves me to think that this site contains well over 35+ preachers that have shown to be true vessels for Him...and yet well over 90%(or darn close) have gone home to rest.....BUT WHERE ARE THE SPIRIT FILLED PREACHERS OF THIS GENERATION??? surely there must be more than the living few that I have seen today...but where are they hiding ???? If we know we must share with the others on this site, as well as take the time to encourage and support each and everyone of them to continue in there selfless walks, to preach the Word Of the LOrd the way it was meant to be preached. I for one am vexed to the very bone of my spirit about the outright sick pasty palor that Christianity has taken on today....I am tired of the "Feel Good" messages that are promoted and slobered over today as if it were true mana from heaven. If it was'nt for this site and its resources as well as a minial few others I WOULD STARVE!!!!! I crave the Truth, I have a sincere burden for Gods Truth, and if your anything like me you have come to realize that there is a major spiritual battle going on in the Kingdom today to lead astray as many believers as possible, "THERE IS A LION IN THE STREETS!!!" But please note this, I am not promoting devision in the body, I am not promoting a militant attitude towards anyone....but We Need The Truth!!! so for one I am planning to take my cause to the streets so to speak....I am going to every single church in my community and seeking out those preachers that have a sincere desire for Him, ones that have no private agenda, ones that are willing to suffer for the cause of Christ and I will support them and tooth and nail - and for each one I will start on my knees--and end on my knees before Him, and I encourage you all to do the same....we need to know who these men(and Women ) of God are!!! and we need to know now , to be able to set each and every one before the Throne of Grace....brothers and Sisters there is power in prayer...it is the most dangerous weapon we have against the enemy!!! I implore you to join me in this effort....In Him Scott

2003/10/27 0:06Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re: Where are they???????

One of the most challenging messages of Ravenhill is “Weeping between the Porch and the Altar”, in which he pleads for an awakening among pastors and preachers, in which he provokes hearts to open up for and receive a portion of the agony of the Lord.

Preachers are men who must spend time alone with God. Most preachers are lonely men without possibility for deeper fellowship. Time, or rather the absence of time, haunts them – too many obligations put too much pressure. All of them are ordinary men in extraordinary conditions.

This is a cry which needs to find an answer in our hearts: “I need to go and see my brothers”. “I need to go, bringing a basket of support”. “I owe them adherence”.
Loyalty creates and gives birth to a good man. But a broken spirit dries up the bones.
Prayer is loyalty. Prayer creates opportunities. Prayer opens the way for brethren to meet.

I am prepared to move along the same path as Brother Scott to look for the pastors, the pastors, the fathers missing in my local environment.
Prayer is loyalty.
Lars W

2003/10/27 2:15Profile

Re:

I find it strange indeed that a dead subject like ”Original sin” attracts some 900 viewing occasions, but a living work like visiting a brother falls flat as to comments.
Who are we? What are we?
Do we know how to express love? Do we know how to carry burdens? Do we know how to respond to the Holy Spirit?
Hanna

2003/10/27 11:08
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
But brethren, it grieves me to think that this site contains well over 35+ preachers that have shown to be true vessels for Him...and yet well over 90%(or darn close) have gone home to rest.....BUT WHERE ARE THE SPIRIT FILLED PREACHERS OF THIS GENERATION???

It's a sad tragedy that we are don't realize the depth in spirituality in most men of God until they leave us and we realize what has been lost. God uses [b]Men[/b]. Where are the [b]Men[/b] in our day?

I listened to a message last night: [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=2982]Wanted: Preachers with Passion & Power by Alan Cairns[/url] and really felt God's calling that He needs Men! not machinery even though this website is good! He needs Men of God to hear his call: 'who will go for me?'.

2003/10/27 14:17Profile
moreofHim

Re:

I think there are quite a few who feel the way you/we do. This is something to think about- there are ARE men and women across the world and across the USA who are not Pastors/Preachers by vocation but in the spirits and in their beings- God is raising up a people who are so passionate for Him. It is just not the "usual" way of getting the message across (via preacher).

The people in the churches are not wanting to hear the truth and the pastors are convinced that to "save" souls they must be "seeker sensative".

It is getting to the time in this world when we can honestly look at the Church and say it is lukewarm and people think they are "rich and in need of nothing". And the pastors are not telling them any different. The sheep follow where the shepherd leads. People either need to be directly following THE SHEPHERD or we need to seriously pray for the shepherds who are in this for a vocation- that they will get a tremendous revelation of the truth and seriousness of the times we are living in.

I believe that the real preachers of God's truth are not necessarily in the pulpits anymore. I don't know how God will do this but He's planning a way to get His messages out one way or another.

Something to think about...

In His love, Chanin

2003/10/27 14:40Profile
PJ

Re:

Quote:

moreofHim wrote:
I believe that the real preachers of God's truth are not necessarily in the pulpits anymore. I don't know how God will do this but He's planning a way to get His messages out one way or another.

Something to think about...

I believe that the real preachers of God's truth will be those who truly believe the world of God and demonstrate by every action. I believe this is what Ravenhill meant when he said that "the world is not lookintg for a new definition of Christianity, it's looking for a new demonstration." It's time we decide whether we believe the words of Jesus or not. It's time to decide whether we really love the Lord our God with all our heart or not. Eternity must burn in our hearts so that the world can see that we are truly not of this world. If I was a sinner in the world I would have to conclude that the world must have something better since the church is trying to be so much like the world. We need a greater revalation of God. We must see him as Isaiah did (chapter 6). For when we see God this way we will realize that everything in this world is trivial and we begin to serve him as he intended for us to serve him.

So much burning in my heart, so few words to express.

PJ

2003/10/27 14:59Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Quote:
So much burning in my heart, so few words to express

Amen!

"Thirty seconds of seeing is worth thirty years of studying and listening to teachers. Five words of revelation are worth more than ten thousand words gathered from flesh-and-blood."
--- Chip Brogden

In Him, Chanin

2003/10/27 15:05Profile
Everlast

Missouri

Re:

Quote:
If I was a sinner in the world I would have to conclude that the world must have something better since the church is trying to be so much like the world. We need a greater revalation of God. We must see him as Isaiah did (chapter 6). For when we see God this way we will realize that everything in this world is trivial and we begin to serve him as he intended for us to serve him.

I couldn't agree with this more. I think that is part of the problem today...too many people can NOT tell the difference between a Christian and someone of the world. Just today I talked with a guy who mentioned he was in a church on Sunday...then he proceeded to use profanity in his next few sentences. I talked to a young lady last week who was upset and every other word out of her mouth was foul, she smokes and drinks...yet she is the Jr. High Sunday School teacher at her church. Is it no wonder people aren't drawn to Christianity!!! I want to see everyone one us make a change in how people perceive those who are called Christians. We should proudly proclaim that we ARE Jesus Freaks and are not of this world (without becoming self-righteous.) Just my two cents.

2003/10/27 18:35Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Where are they???????

Quote:
I am going to every single church in my community and seeking out those preachers that have a sincere desire for Him, ones that have no private agenda, ones that are willing to suffer for the cause of Christ and I will support them and tooth and nail - and for each one I will start on my knees--and end on my knees before Him, and I encourage you all to do the same....we need to know who these men(and Women ) of God are!!! and we need to know now , to be able to set each and every one before the Throne of Grace....brothers and Sisters there is power in prayer...it is the most dangerous weapon we have against the enemy!!! I implore you to join me in this effort....In Him Scott

Scott,
God bless you brother.
I hesitated in responding right away. Will I take up this challenge? Will any of us? Is that not the essence of this:
Quote:
I am going to every single church in my community....

I will be honest, I don't know if I would be able to go physically to every church in my community.
My line of work, family, etc. That may sound like a cop out, but I will commit to the following:

1. I will pray for you, for the Lord to give you wisdom, to keep this fire burning, to speak the truth in love and that your heart may shine through as you share it with these pastors. That you may be undaunted and undeterred.

2. I will pray for the hearts of these pastors to be open, it may well be that some do have this desire, but are just overwhelemed with the day to day operations of being shepherds.

3.I am going to hedge here a bit, I have a few creative ideas about going about this but I know my own tendecies and am frankly tired of making rash promises to God with all these lofty minded intentions and then find weeks later that I have failed to live up to them. So I will at least continue to seek the Lord's leading.
Know this much. I will pray.

Scott, I applaud your efforts and want to encourage you. I believe you sum up the heart of many of us here. May the Lord kindle this fire in us all.

Mike

2003/10/28 10:43Profile
bigdaveusa

Re: Where are they?

pray.......

2003/10/28 16:15Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy