SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A much needed apology...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

A much needed apology...

Pro 10:11 The mouth of a righteous man is a well of life: but violence covereth the mouth of the wicked.

My words were not a "well of life" yesterday on this forum.

I need to apologize to everyone who saw what transpired yesterday. I allowed a certain member of these forums to get under my skin, and I reacted in the wrong way. I should have just dropped the issue, but instead I went on another thread that had started (which had nothing to do with what we were discussing) and posted a comment that was out of line.

In doing so, I'm sure I discredited myself in the eyes of many people here... both those who contribute, and those who just come here and read. I also gave ammunition to anybody who loves to find dirt on believers. I discredited my message as well, and now there will be those who will not hear what I am saying because of this. I brought reproach on Greg and sermonindex as well. More importantly I brought reproach on the name of Christ.

I admit, I'm a competitor. In football I played linebacker and defensive end. It was my job to pummel people. I was a Marine. And now I'm a coach... all my life I've competed against people in order to win. Unfortunately I allow that side of me to creep into my dealings with other believers. If I don’t keep my eyes in Christ, then I find myself needing to win.

Yesterday I thought I was being light hearted with some of the verbal joisting that was going on... but after dwelling on it I've had to admit that it wasn’t as light hearted as I thought it was. I was irritated and I was angry. Irritated by some statements that I thought were pretty ridiculous, and angry at the way I was being talked to. But instead of showing grace and humility, I went the other way and lashed out.

The other member said I needed to deal with my pride yesterday... and ya know what... he was right. He has said that before to me because I dare to take a stand for what I know is right, and he was wrong then... but he finally pegged it right yesterday, the was I was acting was about pride.

I'm sure everyone saw the warnings from Greg, but I decided to write this apology before I ever saw it. So please know I'm not writing this to appease him, or to try and stay on this forum... I don’t care about that. I just want to make it right with as many people as I can. I'm embarrassed by my actions, and it makes me feel cut off from you all... and some of you are pretty good friends at this point.

Individual apologies...

Greg, I apologize for using your forums in the manner that I did, and for any embarrassment I caused you.

Neil, I apologize for lashing out at you on the Osteen thread, and especially for my comments on the thread you started after that. You were right about my pride welling up yesterday. I was wrong on those two counts.

Zeke, I apologize for my hypocrisy. I told you privately that if fighting broke out on the RHB thread, then I would wash my hands of it because I did not want to fight anyone... and I did just that... but then went and got in a brawl on another thread.

Mike, I apologize for "calling in the cavalry" on the RHB thread, and then shooting arrows myself on the other thread.

To everyone else who witnessed what transpired... I apologize for not showing more self-control. Neil has informed me privately that I should leave this forum. If I receive enough PM's suggesting the same, then I will understand and leave. It's not something that I want to do... but if my message has become ineffective because of my actions, then I will.

In conclusion, I am at the feet of every one of you. God has already forgiven me. But I need to beg the forgiveness of every single person on this forum... from Neil to Philologos. Zeke to Lahry. Mike to Dorcas. Everyone... if at all possible, please forgive me.

krispy

2005/7/20 6:15

Re: A much needed apology...

We all lose it sometimes,this is the way God made us,instead of apologising so much to each other.. Give thanks for what has happened,this is all God stuff,THESS 5:18...
Give thanks in ALL things...it does not say,
Say sorry...if things are not heated God could not work...This is all from God,so stop apologising and start given THANKS..these are scriptures :-?

2005/7/20 6:44

Re:

Jam 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

2005/7/20 6:50
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

18Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.

19He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.

20Thou wilt perform the truth to Jacob, and the mercy to Abraham, which thou hast sworn unto our fathers from the days of old.Micah 7:18-20

And to quote someone else:

Quote:

I think Krispy would be a great man to have in your corner in times of difficulty. I have no doubt he would give his life for you, but it's not always easy to keep out of the path of the swinging baseball bat.

Like I have said to you privately, I love you and not only that, I like you.

I am sorry for throwing balls at you. Youre a good guy and I count you as a brother.

May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit,

2005/7/20 6:58Profile

Re:

Give thanks for ALL things for this is the will of GOD concerning YOU THESS 5:18
does this not mean anything to any here,if somebody upsets you its because God wants you to forgive them,pray for them and Thank the Lord they upset you without them apologising!
its about GOD pleasing not self pleasing...
If you expect someone to apologise this is from self,which is false,that person that upset you needs to be forgiven,even if they say sorry or not!plus i dont believe groveling to another is the way ...
a simple sorry to clear the air [if needed]is enough,not the drawn out oh dear ive upset others....
This is from God,have you given Thanks for what has happened? :-(

2005/7/20 7:02

Re:

Quote:
not the drawn out oh dear ive upset others....

I havent apologized for upsetting others. I upset people all the time just by speaking what I believe is true... with no need apologize. But I spelled out the wrongs I did, not just to Neil, but to others... and yes... I needed to apologize to everyone.

Krispy

2005/7/20 8:21

Krispy,

I hear you. You have mine if it was needed. I didn't take anything personally, but you made a good thesis in your opening post.

Glad to see the K back in your name.

Lift up your head to the coming King,
Bow before Him....

I know that's a strange combination of thoughts like 'What shall I render unto the Lord? I'll take the cup of salvation', but you get it.

Bless you :-)

2005/7/20 10:09
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Marina,

You have been warned and this needs to be stated out here in the public as well. To come in here without the benefit of knowing the particulars of the situation, the off-site discussion, all that has gone on and to make these kinds of comments...

This is a rebuke with all the restraint I can muster. How dare you come in here and add insult to injury, you have been brainwashed by this theology that has you in it's grip that you have espoused here before. I am asking and praying that you turn from it, it is the doctrine of demons, I plead with you, turn away!

You must leave here and not come back until you recognize it, we will not have you spreading this poison here. Your account has been blocked. God help me and may He help you.

2005/7/20 10:41Profile

Re:

Man, even a hear felt and deep apology is met with controversy... where does it end?

Krispy

2005/7/20 10:46
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Hey Krispy.

It ended right there. It has been a rather peculiar morning, a very deep time of prayer over many things, concerns over all the brethren that come here. The devil will not gain a foothold in this place, pitting one against another, absolutely not.

I am sorry friend, haven't even had the time to read through all this prayerfully, but a cursory reading of your own willingness to reconcille, the Lord bless you brother. I have many other things I would like to say towards all this, but am pressed for time.

Brother we share similar sentiments due to our own past expereinces in what we came out from under and have had my own dander raised over many of these same issues. Have come to learn a lot from the brethren here over the last two years, many who have traveled a bit further down this narrow road. That I hope to share what was gained out of it, much a matter of perspective, much in manner of presenting these things before this growing audience here. Again, prayerfully, more latter.

As to the needed steps taken earlier here, there is some history that others may not be familar with, perhaps my good friend Jeremy could provide the links to some of that, it is a grevious theology that I must warn ahead of time that it would be unnecessary to give any heed to in response, but only to clarify the reasons for this abruptness here.

Sorry Jeremy, not fair to do that, here is one that could be referenced: [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=5576&forum=35#40674]Prayers For Nick Flynn[/url]

May I exhort us all to prayer? Thank you brethren.

2005/7/20 12:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy