SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Trump To Announce Peace Deal Between Israel And UAE

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Hi Nigel,

Prophecy is not my main interest in Bible Study, but I have decided to study Daniel’s prophetic visions and the different interpretations.

You said:

Quote:
Israel becoming a nation in 1948 is one of the surest signs of Jesus' soon return.

This took place about 72 years ago.

Just trying to figure things out……………

Where would this fit into Daniel’s 70 weeks?

Blessings

2020/8/31 9:02Profile
docs

Re:

A Messianic Reset

Jesus was the first to reveal that His coming would occur in two stages consisting of not one but two advents. "You have heard me say, I am going away and am returning to you" (John 14:28). The disclosure of this previously hidden mystery resulted in a divine reset of staggering proportions in the Messianic understanding of Jesus' disciples. Yet, unforeseen to the community of faith even then was the long interval of time that would transpire between the two comings. Unanticipated also was the almost unimaginable reality that for a majority of the interim between the two appearances, the covenant nation itself would be in exile.

The return of the exiled nation to the land and its eventual messianic redemption at the end of this evil age was a prominent theme of the prophets. This end-time scenario is impossible without a Jewish presence in the land. Therefore, the latter-day return of a Jewish populace to the region known today as Palestine (formerly Canaan) and the reemergence of the modern state of Israel is one of the most significant prophetic signs to transpire since the resurrection of Christ.

For Daniel's 70th week to occur, prophesied to occur at the "time of the end," there has to be a Jewish presence in modern day Palestine. Daniel's 70th week cannot have already occurred since it ends with the resurrection of the dead which occurs at Christ's second coming.

Just last Wednesday, we finished going through the book of Daniel in our home group. If you study this book and have questions etc., I would be glad to share with you in any way I can. I come from a post-trib premillennial point of belief.

The book of Daniel is the most hotly contersted book in the Old Testament because of the uniqueness of its revelations. Yet it can be understood. Daniel 12:4 states that at the time of the end there will be a renewed interest in the book of Daniel

Thank you and blessings.

2020/8/31 13:16Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Quote:
Just last Wednesday, we finished going through the book of Daniel in our home group. If you study this book and have questions etc., I would be glad to share with you in any way I can. I come from a post-trib premillennial point of belief.

Thank you, David.

I will start a new thread “Daniel’s Prophetic Visions” for general discussion.

Blessings

2020/9/1 7:23Profile
docs

Re:

That could be worthwhile. It could be done in a civil manner also. People that didn't want to participate would be able to make that choice. I would be prepared though, to perhaps undergo a bit of criticism though because you want to attempt to find out things in detail regarding eschatology that are found in the book of Daniel. Eschatology and the study of it can draw such reactions.

2020/9/1 10:19Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

It is also important not to take disagreements as criticism. Great biblical scholars through the ages have not agreed on how to interpret “eschatological” passages In the Bible, nor shall we.

2020/9/1 16:54Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Trump just announced another peace deal between Israel and Bahrain.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-bahrain-israel-mideast-deal-peace

2020/9/12 14:12Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

What about the Kosovo/Serbia/Israel deal?

Trump has been nominated for two Nobel Peace Prizes. The Dems are freaking out but good for him.

2020/9/12 20:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy