SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Has Todd White repented for not preaching the full Gospel ?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Has Todd White repented for not preaching the full Gospel ?

There is a clip about Todd White on YouTube where he claims he repented for not preaching the full Gospel after listening to Ray Comfort. Hmm, I think it is a step in the right direction, lets take it at face value and pray that he will go all the way and make a clean brake from where he used to be.
He will probably loose most of his following if he would.

I think it would be a wonderful testimony to God's grace if any of these guys came clean an experience a full detox.

Benny Hinn and Joyce Meyer made similar moves, but did not quite convince by going much further.

2020/7/29 16:25Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Has Todd White repented for not preaching the full Gospel ?

Justin Peters addresses this in his latest video on YouTube.

2020/7/29 20:22Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re: Has Todd White repented for not preaching the full Gospel ?

"The true saints of God, who have clear heads and a pure, warm heart, have had to walk between the two extremes of cold formality on the one side and wild, ranting fanaticism on the other. Dead formality and the false fire of fanaticism are both Satan's counterfeits and he does not care into which extreme the soul plunges." -George Watson

I truly hope Todd White has repented of his false teaching and had a true conversion experience. I want to have grace and discernment in equal measure.

Might Justin Peters fall into the category of dead formality? I have heard some of his teaching. It seems to me when I talk to a cessationist about things like the supernatural presence and peace of God, they think I am talking about some emotional experience, as if these experiences mentioned in the Bible are something foreign to them; and they also tend to lump me into the NAR camp.

2020/7/30 11:31Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Hi Nigel, that is my observation, too. I do not feel comfortable among the cessationist and mostly reformed crowd, and also shun the hyper-charismatic WoF and NAR crowd. A lonely place to be!

Justin Peters starts with graceful words, but then preaches down to him. He says true things, but I do not think that his words are very helpful in this case. Let us pray for Todd and leave the convicting work to the Holy Spirit. Someone should reach out in private to Todd and talk things through and give him some space and time to come clear.

The bible mentions Ahab, Manasse, Nebukadnezzar, Zaccheus and Paul as shining examples of repentance, yet some like Simon Magi and Jezebel in Revelation did not come clear.

I think there is a fundamental issue with discernment ministries. If you are always on the critical side, you concentrate mostly on wrongs. I watched many of these over the years. It is ofen appalling to witness all the bitterness, cynicism, mockery and condescendent know-it-all attitude of some of these people. Some fell into sin and apostatacy themselves. There is one guy in particular who always rants with a singing super-charged voice and produces almost daily posts about anything under the sun.

2020/7/30 12:21Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

The problem with Justin Peters Is, he is not afraid to speak the truth, and backs it up with scripture. Today, there is a lot of compromising Christians, that the truth really bothers them, so they find ways/words to justify their own personal beliefs. My guess is Justin has spoken more truth In one day, than Todd has in his lifetime, but let’s justify Todd’s failures by using God grace to cover his false teachings, yeah that’s it!

2020/7/30 16:58Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Bill, I agree with much of what Justin Peters says in regards to the NAR. I just think that cessationists see the excesses of much of the charismatic movement and go all the way to the other ditch of error, which is cold, dead formality and leading people to mentally accept gospel truths without being genuinely born again.

2020/7/30 23:12Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Nigel

Nigel, men have never been healers, and they will never be. God has always been, and will always remain our Healer. The Church of Christ is not a movement, or a building, but all men and women who have accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior, confessed with their mouths and believed in their hearts. Cessationists, continualists, protestants, evangelicals, charismatics etc. where are all these factions in the Bible? They are all but man made, and will mislead many, for Christ isn't divided.

2020/7/31 10:28Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Bill, I agree, there are no denominations in the Bible. In all these denominations, even the far out crazy ones like Bethel or cessationist churches, I think there are true believers. It's just that their theology isn't giving people a solid gospel foundation. If people get saved in many of these churches, it is often in spite of what is being taught, not because of it.

Look at it this way: someone goes to a Roman Catholic church their whole life. They do everything that church says you should do to be "saved", they get baptized, they take communion, they get confirmed etc. but all of it leaves them empty. But then one day they hear the priest say something like "The just shall live by faith" and God does a miracle in their heart. Because God's word is truth it has power. Probably the same thing happens in churches where a distorted or watered down gospel is being preached.

2020/7/31 11:33Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Well, we have been given the task and authority to heal from scripture. Man lay on hands and the Spirits works miracles. This is God's design.

There are people with bad theology who perform genuine healing miracles by the power of God, because they have childlike faith.
Then there are those with tons of scripture knowledge who say healing, tongues and prophesy have ceased.

The first knows God's power more than scripture, that latter scripture more than God power.

And as far as denominations are concerned, they are just a fact we have to live with for now. I have never seen a truly non-denonminational church that did not have some rules of man intertwined into their theology. Trying to abolish denominations by human effort is also of the flesh.

May Justin Peters help Todd to sort out his theology and may Todd lay hands on Justin and heal him :D

2020/7/31 12:04Profile

Re:

Brother narrowpath said:

“May Justin Peters help Todd to sort out his theology and may Todd lay hands on Justin and heal him.”

This just made me smile so big! Hahahaha! Well said! 😃❤️🙏🏼

2020/7/31 12:23

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy