SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Some scriptural Reasons Christians should not wear masks in church services or stay on lockdown

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Sister Margie! Thank you for heeding the Spirit’s prompting to post here. I praise the Lord for His fire burning in you.

Brother Todd! The way you responded to sister Margie grieved me. Yet at the same time, I appreciate how consistent and sincere you are with sharing your perspective and convictions.

Brother Fletcher! Your post resonated so much with my spirit. Full stop.

Brother Mak! My heart aches and yet rejoices with you all at once, and Staff said it so well about how you surely did the right thing by faith.

Staff! Thanks for sharing your heart and thoughts. Your peacemaking by faith, while maintaining a clear conscience on conviction is refreshing.

I praise God that He has appointed all of us to be alive on this earth for such a time as this, and Greg, bless you brother for your faithfulness in keeping this forum open (which we know is all the grace of God).

Love you all so much and I can only imagine what these interactions would be like if and when we are together in person.

May we conduct ourselves as if we were. ❤️

2020/7/24 19:43
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//The way you responded to sister Margie grieved me.//

I guess I’m getting too old to beat around the bush. Actually I’m not THAT old but I can’t stand by and read such WOF nonsense without saying something. To the uninitiated it may sound so wonderful and so spiritual but nonetheless it is nothing but lies and very harmful to the body of Christ.

2020/7/24 21:24Profile

Re:

Dear brother Todd, have you met sister Margie or read other of her writings before? Or are you dealing with the same context as I am, which are her few posts here? To me, you are coming across extremely dismissive of this sister who is pouring out her heart with what sounds like very sincere and inspired concern.

Also, after looking more closely, I realize I may have been confused. Is Sis Maggie who Greg’s OP references the same as sister Margie who posted in the thread twice thereafter?

That aside, I am absolutely not an advocate of WOF teaching/doctrines, brother (as I understand them). I’m just not seeing how you construed her posts as such. But even if she is into that, are you pleased with your candor brother?

Love you Todd and would hug you if we were together in person, if you would let me, social distancing be damned.

2020/7/24 23:29
SteveHale

NSW Australia

Re:

They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to SHRINK FROM DEATH. Revelation 12:11

There was a time in John Wesley's life that he faced death and he shrank from it. He realised that all his "christian" life up to that point was a figment of his imagination, even though he was a missionary to the indians in america. He sought God after this point of his life and was born again, but the pivotal point was the fear of death he had on the ship.

Maybe God is using this virus to shake up those who have been playing games, not really born again. The fact that they are fearful is evidence that they know not God! Giving them time to repent and give their life to Him before it is too late. May we have ears to hear for time is short and this is just the start to the shakings we are all about to see come upon the earth.

But the COWARDLY/FEARFUL, the UNBELIEVING, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death. Revelation 21:8

Blessings Steve

2020/7/24 23:38Profile
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 Re:

Edited.

I was just reading some of the posts on this thread and though I'm sure she and I might have some differences in doctrine if we sat down to go over it all, Greg and I do know Margie personally. She is an unknown missionary, among other things, who has given her her whole life--every aspect of it-- absolutely sacrificially to Christ without reserve.

She is a sister in Christ who in time of our need or sickness, rather than mention it at a prayer meeting (although that is a blessing too!) has actually gone into prayer for hours or longer -- with fasting. As far as the "word of faith" movement, no she is no part of that. But she does have absolutely faith in His word and trembles at it.

May we all have grace and love one another fervently and bear long with each other in these days of social distancing and division.

Dear Alan and Dina, we are SO sorry to hear of your loss . ((Thank you)) for helping us all see another, very personal side to this, and the need to be so tender and considerate of those for whom this is hitting so close to home...

Praying for everyone on this forum... love to you all. God is faithful.

2020/7/25 7:45Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

My main beef is with this statement: “What kind of God allows his people to catch sicknesses and diseases as they are praising Him?“

There is very improper theology behind that statement that essentially leads to the rest of her assertions. Is it really necessary to go back through the ages and list all the great saints who died prematurely from sickness and disease? What about all the other horrible things that happen to real and true Christians on a daily basis?

And the idea that it is “cowardly” to wear a mask is absurd. Is it cowardly for Christians to put on sunscreen, wear a seatbelt, have fire alarms and extinguishers, learn how to swim, wear insect repellant, get medical checkups, stop at stop signs, avoid snarling pit bulls, wear eye protection when warranted, take prescribed medication, stay hydrated in the heat etc etc etc?

No- these are common sense things with ZERO spiritual component. I’ll even go out on a limb and say that even Jesus took some precautions in his carpentry shop.

Jesus told the devil that doing stupid, potentially harmful things and expecting God to save you was “putting God to the test.” Needless to say he did not throw himself off the temple roof.

2020/7/25 9:02Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Since I have developed over the past years, a powerful prayer life, and have the time in my life now, to almost continually pray and talk to God, my response to this thread, will be all about prayer. While some may give in to cynicism and think there is nothing we can do, let’s not forget the power of prayer.

Prayer is the exact prescription the Bible gives us to cure anxiety. It’s easy to want to look at all the news outlets and overthink all the possible negative outcomes that can take place. All that will do is rob us of the peace God promises us. “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” Philippians 4:6

We can panic, or we can pray, but we can’t do both. Jesus called His church a house of prayer, and now is our time. It’s time to pray for God’s intervention to stop the spread of this disease. It’s time to ask for healing. It’s time to ask for peace and comfort for those who have lost loved ones. It’s time for us to ask for direction and discernment for our leaders and our homes. Prayer is powerful and effective, and if we are too busy panicking instead of praying, we forfeit our greatest strength.

In the face of the coronavirus pandemic, we have the power to choose our response. When we choose faith over fear, wisdom over worry, and prayer over panic, we can experience the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding. In doing so, we become the light of Christ in a very dark situation.

2020/7/25 9:13Profile
SisterMargie

God bless you dear Brother T/ Saints Beware of dogs vipers and GOVT foxes

Brother you do not know me but there are some here who have known my life and testimony for many years including Greg Gordon and wife. I am what I am by God's grace anddobnot judge even myself yes. Christ will be my defender on that great eternal day of accounting. I will say this for now. I am a 42 year old Virgin who loved Jesus so much I gave my whole life to him at age of 17 as a fulltime missionary. I recently returned back from Kenya and I am here because the Lord told me stay and pray for revival. I live completely by faith like George Mueller trusting only in the Lord for every need doing full-time missionary work in USA and abroad. I also guide a missionary training center and mission house dedicated to day and night prayer. I believe in modesty purity, ie ideally I think couples should share first kiss even after marriage. See how ancient in views I am O but what peace and security it wroughts in the soul. . Following the ancient words of faith in the scriptures. Word of faith I am not, if you mean those who deny reality. I just believe in Gods truth and facts more than any other truth or facts. TRUTH is God will heals and is a healer and loves to heal his people./people. It will be unto us all according to our faith. I was healed by God at the age of 17 and now 42 and I have never taken a single pill after that till this day. Jesus has kept me in divine health as I've trusted Him. I have lived like like George Mueller and Jesus has never failed me. So No brother I am not word of faith, not sure who they are, not interested, may God save and sanctify them if unsaved, BUT I believe completely in God's word written in the Holy Scriptures. . I have experienced the healing I speak of not just living in a fantasy land of untruth and denying reality,believing you are sick but claiming you are well no. I have prayed for many saints to be healed this time with no socal distancing from any saint and God mercifully has done so even those with corona. Yesterday I personally cooked food and took lunch and dinner to a dear Christian family to a family with corona symptoms, prayed God will heal and strengthen them as they eat, which happened. Then went to a hutterite family and did 5 hours prayer and testimony/christian exhortation. then 2 hours praying for the dismantling and exposing of Muslim brotherhood activities in the USA by God's grace, I esteem humility so speaking like a fool here as Paul says but you boast of how good your online bible study is, , this is love for saints brother, risking our lives for them not sitting in front of online screen posting on sermon index unbelief. Calling faith nonsense. Spiritual things are foolishness to the natural or carnal, they cannot receive it, because they are spiritually discerned. We should love the saints in deed not just from my online screen. I write these things to say brother my ancient what you call bad theology views has kept me and others full of faith and unspeakable joy and confidence even in times like this. Right now I minister in Africa,busa and among Amish people whom God is saving and strengthening with his scriptures and filling with his Holy Ghost. I guarantee what I posted was led by the Lord and not harmful to anyone but Satan and unclean spirits who wants saints to live in fear and unbelief. I want to respond humbly in a Christlike manner but still speak the truth. Jesus help. Brother consider what I say here for I will type no more responses after this though tempting . Again I am not word of faith but I do believe in Gods word literally and wholeheartedly and in my Lord fully. What I have written I have written. I do not know you but brother you say you speak in such an unChristlike way it's because you are old. Truth is the older spiritual saints get the more peaceable wisdom you will have and you will have the tongue of the learned to know how to speak to other younger saints or women. You will respect and nurture the faith of weaker vessels. Which include Sisters or children. I'm sad to say it brother but I believev your speech sounds like the worldly liberals of the world today. and carnal. Do you spend too much time on worldly or liberal news? Instead of fellowshipping with sains?!that's one of the results if you do. Liberals attack the personhood of people they do not agree with. Brother you also said you will not gather in church with or without mask until all this is over. That your online Bible studies is just as good. O brother, how sad and telling. When will that be? Some do not value the gathering of saints nor see the worth of obeying God's commands. Do you truly have the interests of Christ at heart? If you did you will encourage saints to gather even if some need masks. Yet you say you wont go to church at all until all this is over? When will that be? I beseech you to Show more concern for Christ's will on earth. It is his will that his saints gather with him displaying the fruits of the spirit and exercising the gifts of the spirit. Yet you say you are concerned this article that exhorts saints to have faith and trust God and gather will hurt people? Satan is a deceiver. And angel of light who will deceive even saints when not walking in intimacy with Christ. Beware. Brother I humbly ask all saints to consider in this day,am I in a good earnest spiritual state right now, if not I fear carnal or worldly unChristlike attitude and words will hurt saints if left here unchecked. I love you in Christ dear saints including our Brother Todd. I remind all to keep eyes on Jesus. Church awake. Be that glorious church again. O innocent lambs of Christ. Beware of dogs, backsliders, vipers, religious Pharisees meaning to take all life out of you and foxes, government officials wanting to trick and deceive you. Cling to your Christ. Now More than ever before. Like little children. With all your heart. Cling to his word and be full of childlike faith and trust. CLING. Insist to see Jesus. Let no man or woman block your way. Lay hold unto eternal life. Cut off hand feet eyes anything that will cause you to sin. Behold HE COMES!

2020/7/25 9:17Profile
SisterMargie

Re:

First of all the article was written in response to a church considering mandating masks for everyone. If weaker Christians in faith feel they need masks in church there is no condemnation. But Older mature believers full of faith trusting God should not be mandated to wear masks violating their conscience. It's very simple, any sincere spiritual saint can understand these words. Like Jesus said, Why is it that you cannot understand my speech, even because ye cannot hear my word. When we listen to the voice of strangers we cannot hear God's word of faith. No I'm not word of faith though Yes Faith comes by hearing and hearing by God's word. I kindly ask that you cease your liberal godless attacks brother. There are better, more edifying Christlike ways to communicate truth.

2020/7/25 9:25Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: SisterMargie

"Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil."
Proverbs 3:7

"Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!"
Isaiah 5:21

"Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness . . . Therefore let no man glory in men"
1 Corinthians 3:18-19,

We know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth. And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know."1 Corinthians 8:1b-2, KJV

"And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing."
1 Corinthians 13:2, KJV

"Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness . . . Therefore let no man glory in men . . . And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another. For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?"
1 Corinthians 3:18-19, 4:6-7

"From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling; Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm."
1 Timothy 1:6-7, KJV

"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall."
Proverbs 16:18, KJV

"For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted."
Luke 14:11, KJV

"Submit yourselves therefore to God . . . Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up."
James 4:7a, 10, KJV

"Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:"
1 Peter 5:6, KJV

2020/7/25 9:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy