Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Passion for Him

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
moreofHim

Re: passion for Him

Tina,

to be honest, last week I saw you had posted that same phrase (My only 2 desires are for Him to reveal himself to me and that I allow him to reveal himself through me.) and it really hit me how my heart had started to grow a little cold. I wasn't as hot as I once was. For over three years my desire and passion has been about the same as yours- to see God glorified in and through me. It is even pretty evident in my past posts on SI and on my website. But here lately with all the things I've been going through, the fear and anxiety of it all, it really put some of my fire out.

When I read your words, immediately I thought "i gotta get back there".

Jesus gives the remedy to us in Revelation to the lukewarm church of Laodicea and to the church at Ephesus: [b]Repent![/b]"Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place--unless you repent." And "Therefore be zealous and repent."

I could not make excuses. There are none. So I repented and did away with some things that I had let slip into my daily life. Not bad things necessarily, but distractions. Even little attitudes like self pity and "poor me, i'm a victim" type things had started to put my fire out. I repented of attitudes that were not very self-sacrificing.

Then I had the opportunity to talk to some people this weekend and automatically things came up and some voiced their opinions about their "rights" and acting on feelings instead of the truth and doing the right thing. (It amazes me how modern psychology has merged with christianity and produced some really grey areas).

I got to talk about how I liked to be convicted. Many times if a sermon or book isn't convicting to me, I don't want to read it. I want to grow and change! I want to be less of me and show more of Him.

There is a cost (which I knew before, but now I am living it) but when you present it to others they want no part of it. They don't want a cost. It offends them to see you willing to die literally or figurately (die to the flesh). They have an excuse for everything. I am tired of excuses. When I know what is right to do, then I must do it, regardless of how I "feel" or what I want. Obedience is better than sacrifice. I want to obey my Lord. I want to please Him. Speaking my convictions really brought my fire to the surface, it just needed a little "stoking". :)

There are many who want to have that passion, they want to be able to live with a burning passion in them, yet they are unwilling to lay down what needs to be layed down. They are unwilling to go the distance or consider the cost. I pray that all who say they want to have that burning passion and see it come to ignite, that they will "give in" and give up. What i mean by this is that they will surrender it all. Their rights, their plans, their attitudes, their very life.

He is so worthy of it, isn't He?!

In His love, Chanin

2005/7/19 20:11Profile
tinluke

New England USA

Re:

Dear Sister,

I can totaly relate to everything that you're saying. The Lord has shown me that my despair and self pitty stem from unbelief. In particular not believing His love for me. I remember praying this one day "Lord how can you love me, I'm so sinful and your so awesome," and He just stopped me right in the middle of my prayer and said, "You think you're praying a prayer of humility, but you're praying a prayer of unbelief. Stop it, I love you and you are precious in my sight."

He is so amazing...He is LOVE! He is so worth it all!!! He can have eveything I have because I know that everything I have amounts to a heap of garbage! If I have anything of value, it's because of Him living in me!!!!

God is so good to us Chanin becuase we've all blown it. We've all had those moments when we get our eyes off Him for a moment and let those old fears creap back in. When you're totaly sold out to Him, He will never ever let you go! He will use those times in our life to show us how weak we are without Him. You are so precious to Him. He has used your life in such an incredible way and He will contiue to for a long time!!

IN HIS LOVE, Tina

2005/7/20 1:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy