SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Supreme Court Abortion Ruling

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mama27

Supreme Court Abortion Ruling

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/06/29/chief-justice-john-roberts-joins-liberals-in-striking-down-abortion-safety-law/

SOOOOOO many have been praying for this for so long! Truly it seems that God has removed His restraining hand.... I have no words, just tears....

2020/6/29 12:28Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Supreme Court Abortion Ruling

Mama-

I agree the decision stinks, but what do you mean by “God has removed his restraining hand?”

2020/6/29 12:52Profile
mama27

Re:

Well, we’ve certainly been seeing things getting worse and worse....maybe in the sense of Romans 1 where it says God gave them over.....

I found this quote by AW Pink in his book “Our Accountability to God” published in 1999....

“Today the power and rein of sin are more manifest in the world than they have ever been. Not because human nature has undergone any deterioration, for that is impossible - it has been rotten to the core since the time of Cain and Abel. No, rather because God is increasingly removing His restraining hand, thereby allowing the horrid corruption of men’s hearts to become more visible and obvious.”

Much has happened since 1999, and seems worse by the week, but this is the sense in which I meant it. I think a number of believers have felt that God was holding back the deluge of evil over our country, and we kept praying for revival. This Supreme Court decision is under God’s control. It didn’t go down this way for lack of prayers......

2020/6/29 13:41Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Judge Roberts made his decision based on the legal standard of “stare decisis”. The SC previously decided a TX case that had the exact same statute as the LA case. The makeup of the court was different in the TX case. He said he felt compelled to follow controlling law based on the decision in the prior case.

However, even liberal news publications are not applauding this decision because they think it is an extremely minor victory because Roberts is still pro-life. He felt the TX case was wrongly decided but felt compelled to follow precedent in a nearly identical case. But he says in his opinion that he is open to hearing future arguments about the deeper issue of the constitutionality validity of prior important abortion cases.

In other words don’t give up hope quite yet.

2020/6/29 14:01Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Quote / In other words don’t give up hope quite yet./

Unless you’re an unborn baby :(

2020/6/29 15:41Profile
TrueWitness

Re:

I'm pretty sure that the requirement for the abortion doctor to have admitting privileges at a nearby hospital came about after the horror surrounding Kermitt Gosnell, the Philadelphia abortionist whose clinic was a found to be a house of horrors. Google Kermitt Gosnell if you aren't familiar with the case. Anyway, there are excellent reasons why you would want the abortion doctor to have admitting privileges at a hospital in case an emergency during or after the abortion happens. This is putting safety first.

It seems ironic that abortion was legalized back in 1973 largely because back-alley and coat-hanger abortions were do dangerous and risky so we must make safety a primary concern. Now they throw caution to the wind because abortion on demand is primary.

-Daniel

2020/6/29 15:44Profile
savannah

mama27,

Yes, it does seem as though God has removed His restraining Hand! I hear you loud & clear!

I, for one, can say that I am thankful for your post. What I mean is that it is refreshing to know that some still have their tears to offer along with their prayers as you do.

We're living in times of such insensitivity. Insensitivity to others. Insensitivity to sin. And mostly, an insensitivity to God. Insensitivity to His Person and to His Holiness.

Too many who name the Name of Christ have no tears along with their prayers. Not drawing near to Him and enjoying intimate communion with Him is a huge reason for their cold prayers. As one man said, "cold prayers never get warm answers".

We would take sin so much more seriously if we knew Him more intimately.

Ralph Venning wrote a book entitled, "Sin is Serious". It's a condensed version of his book, "The Sinfulness of Sin".

You may want to listen to this program (just aired this morning June 29,2020) from Generations Radio with Kevin Swanson. It's how we fail to take sin seriously.

https://www.oneplace.com/ministries/generations-radio/

BTW - FYI...AW Pink, who is one of my favorite authors died in 1952. So what he wrote goes way back. This has been brewing in America for quite some time now. And it is certainly becoming worse in this country.

Keep praying...with tears...because we know...that our God hears!

2020/6/29 18:11Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

I agree that we are in the place of Romans 1, God has given our culture over to a reprobate mind.

The question is, what is our response as Christians who live in the midst of this culture? We have to face the fact that our culture really is under the judgment of God and we must face it and tell the truth with love and tears. It won't do to shout down at this culture without the Holy Spirit working both holiness and love in us.

Francis Schaeffer wrote the following in his book Death in the City;

"There is in all of this a time for tears. It will not do to say these things coldly. Jeremiah cried, and we must cry for the poor lost world, for we are all of one kind. There is of course a sense in which there are two humanities, one saved, one lost. But the Bible also tells us that there is only one humanity; we all have a common ancestor and all have been made in the image of God. So I must have tears for my kind. But with the tears the message must be clear: our culture, our country, our churches have walked upon what God has given us, and thus all these are under the judgment of God.

It is my experience that giving the realistic message does not turn people off – if they feel real compassion in you. As a matter of fact, it is the other way. The real thinkers, the artists, understand the scream of modern man: ‘There is something wrong with my culture. It is a dead end.’ "

In Christ,

2020/6/29 18:55Profile
mama27

Re:

Thanks for the Kevin Swanson link. I will listen. Appreciate everyone’s comments. My spirit has just grown heavier and heavier as the day has passed. I tried with all my being to raise 7 children for Christ. They are adults now. They don’t see today’s ruling as really a big deal, even though they would say they are pro-life. They have grown up with abortion just being “normal”. Then Chicago hosts a gay pride parade while at the same time requiring masks and social distancing. It all just feels so very hopeless. Yet if ever there was a time for us to be lights shining brightly, it is now.

2020/6/30 0:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy