SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Norman Grubb

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sunwind

Norman Grubb

Was Norman Grubb a heretic? I read his text sermon on duality and he praised the Montanist, who were declared heretics by the church. Also the Union Life magazine contains some very suspect teachings and he was very closely associated with that. Can anyone share on this issue?

2020/5/24 11:45Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Norman Grubb

What teachings exactly are suspect? I ask that not to fight with you but I've never heard of that magazine, so I'm asking in honesty.

I don't know too much about Norman Grubb except for the fact that he wrote the biography of Rees Howell ("Intercessor"), which absolutely floored me. Have you read or listened to it (the audio is on youtube)

God bless you,
Lisa

2020/5/24 14:57Profile
sunwind

Re:

The sight I refer to advocates prayer types that many consider dangerous, such as contemplative and centering prayer. It all sounds good as they talk about our union with Christ, but many that I have heard talk about the dangers of following the Catholic mystics. Also the text sermon I read on this sight of Norman Grubb talked of Christ AS us rather than Christ IN us. And the fact in that sermon he extolled the Montanist who were declared heretics by the church concerned me. Was just wondering if anyone here could give me insight. I will try to find the piece you talked about on youtube Lisa. Thank you for responding. Yours in Christ, David.

http://www.unionlife.com/index.html

2020/5/24 15:30Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brother,

I do see Norman Grubb's teaching near the end of his life go away from more biblical groundings. So in some ways I believe you are right. His life was godly and used of the Lord. He finished his course, but the Lord is the judge of how well.

Thanks for bringing these things to the attention of brothers and sisters.

2020/5/25 5:06Profile
sunwind

Re:

Thank you Greg for the post. I have much to learn and a short time to learn it as I wasted so many years away from God. My prayer is that he will restore the years the locust devoured. I love the word of God and feel that no matter how experiential we come in the Lord we must always come back to the Bible as our yardstick to measure our experiences to see for sure if they are grounded in God or not. I heard a pastor say on a video not long ago speaking of the Trinity that "it is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; not the Father, Son, and Holy Bible". That may be true but I think any denigrating of the Bible such as that must surely grieve the Spirit as the Bible makes clear that all scripture is "God breathed". II Timothy 3:16.(NIV) I am thankful for this great sight where we can come and glorify God together.

2020/5/25 10:36Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Here is the Rees Howell, Intercessor audio book:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f34EMZVtF1w&list=PLiRqxN4J8c1WnEQfwjHz0IFQlLqMjxeEG

2020/6/3 18:00Profile
cup

Bill Volkman

After looking at the link that David Jones gave I looked up Bill Volkman and found this interesting quote by him.

"It is high time for Christians to rise up and see themselves as fully equipped, perfect sons of God - whole and holy."

What do you think about what he said?

2020/6/4 8:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy