SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Sermon Downloader 2.0 (Download all of SermonIndex Audio Sermons)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Sermon Downloader 2.0 (Download all of SermonIndex Audio Sermons)

Saints,

Genesis 41:49 Joseph stored up huge quantities of grain, like the sand of the sea; it was so much that he stopped keeping records because it was beyond measure.

The Lord spoke through a brother that he saw SermonIndex as the grain in Joseph’s day. That was many months ago and recently a brother shared that he felt led to compile a software program for SermonIndex so believers could download sermons easily to their computer and then share them with others. I believe this is one way the Lord is going to fulfill the word He spoke towards SermonIndex being like the grain of Joseph in the end-times. As many churches are ceasing to preach the truth and society as a whole is becoming abusive towards the Good News of Jesus Christ. There will be less avenues to access God’s word and godly sermons that will edify God’s people.

We are encouraging all believers who have a computer to download this software and download many sermons to their computer hard-drives. From there you can listen to sermons easily and also download ALL the sermons of one speaker easily. Our heart in this is that God’s people would be able to share these resources with many and have them stored like grain for a time when even SermonIndex.net itself might not be available. This will also provide multiple back-ups of SermonIndex across the world.

You are free also to re-upload and share these messages on your own website or blog. May God’s word run and be glorified in these days of famine of the words of God.

Recently the software has been updated to 2.0 version with great new features as well as a more stable interface.

The software is available on windows, Mac, linux (currently). And will also Lord willing be available on Android and IOS.

Some brethren in different countries have downloaded most of the 20,000+ mp3 sermons equaling around 300 gigs of data. We encourage many more brethren to do this as per our vision.

Download the software today (current beta versions)

Mac:
http://www.sermonindex.net/sermon-downloader-2.0-6.dmg
[mirror 1] http://www.followthelamb.net/sermon-downloader-2.0-6.dmg

Windows:
http://www.sermonindex.net/SermonDownloader2.0-Setup.exe
[mirrior 1] http://www.followthelamb.net/SermonDownloader2.0-Setup.exe

Linux:
http://www.sermonindex.net/sermondownloader2.0_2.0.0_amd64.deb
[mirrior 1] http://www.followthelamb.net/sermondownloader2.0_2.0.0_amd64.deb

Please share your thoughts, any bugs or problems in this thread. Thank you brothers and sisters!

2020/5/15 19:53Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Sermon Downloader 2.0 (Download all of SermonIndex Audio Sermons)

Saints,

Do leave feedback on how you feel the software is running.

2020/5/19 21:47Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

We have made an update to a more stable build of the downloader. It is recommended you delete the current one and install the new software via the links in the main thread. (note you will not lose the sermons you downloaded by upgrading this way)

Some changes:
1) sermon scripture underneath the sermon title
2) sermon description upon click on sermon title.... toggled
3) Play all button to play all sermons for selected speaker. This is mainly helpful in case of hymns
4) bug fixes in download counter

2020/5/22 20:02Profile
dougr777

Re:

Praise the Lord! It's working great, the only issue I have noticed is sometimes if the speaker has a lot of sermons, downloading all of them at once seems to hang, but that might be my issue because my internet connection is not that great over wi-fi. Blessings brother Greg!!

2020/5/22 23:56Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Thanks for confirming that to us brother, we will continue to test that.

Let us know of any other blessings or possible bugs to fix, saints.

2020/5/25 5:07Profile
Friedrick

Nicaragua

Re:

I just installed on Linux (~Ubuntu 18.04) and it works well. I like the electron app! This will definitely be my go-to when I'm looking to listen to a message now :)

It nicely places the downloaded sermons in `~/SermonIndex_Sermons/speaker/message.mp3`

When I downloaded a speaker with 800+ sermons it did fail to download (or check?) one (or more) of the sermons and appeared to hang, but it recovered fine and is currently populating the speaker folder with messages. The completed download count appears to be correct.

Thanks for providing this resource. I like the search by speaker/topic/sermon functionality in the app. I'll try and back up as many messages as I can.

2020/5/28 0:55Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I got an email with some recommendations for possible inclusion of new features to a new version here they are:

1# Option to Select ALL (the info about this was you could download 30gb of sermons- i was hoping i could do that in one click rather than selecting a speak and then having to click on download etc.) I am guessing this wasn't set up this way because of server load/traffic?

2# Resume playback - being able to resume where you left off would be very helpful if you run out of time to finish or want to come back to it and play another first etc. This could be something simple as creating a file to store that info. If this will never be implemented then what about allowing the downloaded files to be played by a player that can do this (such as the free MusicBee).

3# A recommended list - Maybe based on download tally from the past (a lot of these speakers i have never heard of so its hard to know which ones to get) i thought having them all on the drive means i can sift through them. A download rating or figure could help users pick some unheard of ones. It would take quite a bit of time to do research online or listen to 1 sermon of each speaker.

4# Add a hotkey to pause and play (suggest: spacebar)

5# Add a means for user to know they have already heard a Sermon; perhaps the title and speaker name will be in white text (although that might be too ambiguous perhaps a simple tick icon next to title or where it will fit easily

6# Add Filter options for Speaker list on the left - Show Only Downloaded Speakers - helps User have an overview of which speakers they have downloaded

7# Add Filter in Sermons window area to 1/ Show All Downloaded Sermons in Alphabetical Order 2/ Show all Sermons in Speaker Alphabetical order this will help organize what is downloaded. It seems the topic/speaker filter only exists currently for a selected Speaker.

----

We are excited to see how widely this software is being used and we encourage all believers here on SermonIndex to take advantage of this.

2020/11/3 7:36Profile
Llewellyn

Windhoek, Namibia

Re:

Sounds good, we can look at those new options. Great job Brother!

2021/2/15 18:41Profile
PeaceByJesus

Re: Sermon Downloader 2.0 (Download all of SermonIndex Audio Sermons)

Failed downloading > Why?
A couple of months ago I emailed SI and stated:

It actually has not been working for quite a while. I select the speaker, and then hit the download button and they start but quickly stop after about 2 seconds. I am running W/11 pro., 64 bit, with 64GB of Ram, and plenty of space, as well as over 800Mbps download speed, thank God

On September 27, 2023 Greg Gordon <[email protected]> stated:

brother, Unfortunately this has been happening for awhile and I am still trying to get the developers together on this to fix it. Do say a prayer this gets accomplished soon. Let me know any other way I can serve you.

To which I replied:

Thanks for the update. But in the meanwhile, why not provide the actual .mp3 link on the list of sermons of a speaker, would would make downloading such much faster, rather than needing to click on only link there is on order to get to the page with the link. As like https://www.sermonindex.net

I thank God for sermonindex.net/. I have about 15,000 sermons, most via sermon-index, which broadcasts to out apt 24.7 vi an old laptop thru a FM transmitter. Edifying, thank God. (http://www.peacebyjesus.net)

2023/10/23 12:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy