SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Gaining Favor with God and Man

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Gaining Favor with God and Man

[b]Gaining Favor with God and Man[/b]
[i]By William Thayer[/i]

I highly recommend this master-piece volume. It is a book on Christian virtues. I specificly encourage those of you who share the faith to invest in this book. Though not a book on evangelism, it is a book for the evangelist. Anything that improves the life also improves the witness. Anything that improves the preacher also improves the preaching.

He covers a huge list of virtues such as: application, observation, perseverance, self-reliance, decision, courage, patience, industry, self-control, genius, modesty, self-respect, simplicity, magnanimity, courtesy, accuracy, reading, tact, duty, gratitude, patriotism, loyalty, and the list goes on and on.

The writing style is captivating. Each point is taught through biography. He takes stories from the lives of honorable, distinguished men of high stature to teach each lesson and prove each point. Great men such as Daniel Webster, John Wesley, James Watt, Blaise Pascal, Sir Isaac Newton, John Bunyan, Patrick Henry, Charles Spurgeon, Abraham Lincoln, Ulysses S. Grant, David Livingstone, George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, and many others.

You can find it at www.abe.com fairly cheap considering the quality of a book like this.

2005/7/18 7:17

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy