SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The mind of Christ, the mind of man, the mind of the double minded, and the minds of the faithful.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
CofG

Cambodia

The mind of Christ, the mind of man, the mind of the double minded, and the minds of the faithful.

For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ. - 1 Corinthians 2:16

Here are several examples of the mind of Christ. We see in these the mind of Jesus about the purpose of life on earth, His attitude about the present life and the future, his attitude about food, family and money and His overriding attitude about sin and righteousness rooted in the will of the Father. Do we share these attitudes? Do we actually have the mind of Jesus?

Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus,
who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,
but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.
And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. - Philippians 2:5-8

For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses or forfeits himself? - Luke 9:25

looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. - Hebrews 12:2

You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness beyond your companions." - Hebrews 1:9

And a crowd was sitting around him, and they said to him, "Your mother and your brothers are outside, seeking you."
And he answered them, "Who are my mother and my brothers?"
And looking about at those who sat around him, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers!
For whoever does the will of God, he is my brother and sister and mother." - Mark 3:32-35

Meanwhile the disciples were urging him, saying, "Rabbi, eat."
But he said to them, "I have food to eat that you do not know about."
So the disciples said to one another, "Has anyone brought him something to eat?"
Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to accomplish his work. - John 4:31-34

Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. - John 17:24

Jesus’ mind was totally focused on His priorities in this life and the life to come. They were and are:

Self Sacrificial servant hood.

Doing the will of the Father.

Completely looking forward to the joy of His future with God and His people as the source and motivation of His present life.

Prioritizing fellowship with His Father and the fellowship of His eternal family as His main relationships in life.

This will seem harsh, but God hates the double mind, those who live with two different mind sets.......the mind set on the concerns of man and the concerns of God at the same time. It’s also called a divided heart.

Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. - James 4:8

For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. - James 1:7-8

I hate the double-minded, but I love your law. - Psalm 119:113

For he was looking forward to the city that has foundations, whose designer and builder is God. - Hebrews 11:10

These all died in faith, not having received the things promised, but having seen them and greeted them from afar, and having acknowledged that they were strangers and exiles on the earth.
For people who speak thus make it clear that they are seeking a homeland.
If they had been thinking of that land from which they had gone out, they would have had opportunity to return.
But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared for them a city. - Hebrews 11:13-16

For he was looking forward to the city that has foundations, whose designer and builder is God. - Hebrews 11:10

If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. - Colossians 3:1-2

2020/4/17 10:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy