SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Surrender message is the bible message.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The Surrender message is the bible message.

Thank God it is finally being spoken and taught again. In Him we live and move and have our being . We are His to do with as He wills.

2005/7/17 8:49
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Re: The Surrender message is the bible message.

Hi Lahry!

Amen bro! and i these two verses came unto my mind!

1 Cor 6:20
"For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."

To picture this, it's like buying a car from someone, you worked for the money and now finally you can buy the car. So you buy the car and you drive in it and you really enjoy driving it. But one day you sit in your house and look at your car and you see the former owner walking to your car, gets in and drives off.:-( You bought the car so it's yours and not his anymore!

Gal 2:20
"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."

in His Love!

William

2005/7/17 11:38Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

This is taken from the site http://www.moreofhim.net that "Chanin" the user on SI runs, the Lord has spoken to her much about surrender in the past years, and I have beeen blessed when she shares on the site about it, it is a vital message that needs to be trumpeted more in the church!

The message of surrender is one of the most needed today in Christianity.
It is the be all and end all of our faith; without it we are not true Christians

"Surrender is not the surrender of the external, but of the will;
when that is done, all is done."
~Oswald Chambers~

--

Introduction - A Lifetime Of Surrender

"There will likely be a time in our Christian journeys when, like Jacob, we will wrestle with God all night long... But there must eventually come a dawn when we say, "OK, God, You win... Not My will but Thine be done."

~Gary Thomas "Seeking The Face of God"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You may be thinking, I surrendered my life to Christ years ago; tell me something new. Here's what's new for many. That initial surrender to Christ (which we often refer to as the point of salvation) was not the end of the story. In fact, it was really the starting place.

That point of surrender simply set the stage for a lifetime of surrender. Having surrendered our lives to Christ as Savior and Lord, we must now learn what it means to live out a surrendered life - to continually say "no" to self and "yes" to God.

Many Christians live perpetually discouraged, defeated lives because, having once surrendered initial control to Christ, they have reverted to trying to manage their own lives. It may be that even at this moment you are living in a chapter called "Unsurrendered". Oh, that may not describe your whole way of life- you can probably point to specific areas where you are obeying God. But could it be that there are some issues on which you are reserving the right to control your own life?

In some cases, believers know what it means to live under God's control, but they are afraid of what might happen if they surrender some particular area. "If I surrender my children/husband to the Lord, what will happen to them? (feeling of needing "control") If I surrender my finances, will my needs be met? If I surrender my body, what will others think of me?" If you are wrestling with fears about the will of God, I want to encourage you with the promises of God and to help you understand that He is worthy of ALL your trust.

Some are justifying and rationalizing certain habits, values, attitudes, or behaviors that are contrary to the Word of God. "What about the stuff I watch on movies and TV? I don't think it's really that bad. OK, I admit I have a chronic struggle with over eating and with controlling my temper. But I'm just human. None of us is going to be perfect until we get to heaven."

Finally, some professing believers are living in willful rebellion against God's control in specific areas of their lives- "I know what God wants me to do, but I'm just not going to do it." (Usually out of fear of giving up control).

Maybe you think this way of living is normal- after all, compared to many other professing believers, you may seem like a spiritual giant. However, regardless of what seems to be typical, the fully surrendered life is intended to be- and can be- the norm for every one of God's children.

Do you fear what a lifestyle of full surrender might cost you? Then consider the cost of holding out on God. The truth is that resistance is far more costly than surrender. For those who are followers of Christ, any resistance to the will of God will keep us from enjoying an abundant life and will create barriers in our fellowship with God.

I pray that your heart will be captured with a compelling vision of the one who claims the right to run the universe. May you experience an irresistable sense of the joys and blessings that can be yours through relinquishing control to this God who loves you and who holds your very life in His hand.

Adapted from "Surrender- The Heart God Controls" by Nancy L. DeMoss

for more messages on Surrender check out the Surrender series on Chanin's site:
http://www.moreofhim.net/surrender.html

2005/7/17 14:48Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy