SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : CAN GOD SEND SICKNESS AND DISEASE?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
CofG

Cambodia

Re: Brother Todd

Hi Todd,

I think that the question posed was does God create sickness or just use it.

2020/3/28 14:57Profile
savannah

Re: soot from the furnace

Exodus 9

8Then the LORD said to Moses and Aaron, “Take handfuls of soot from the furnace; in the sight of Pharaoh, Moses is to toss it into the air. 9It will become fine dust over all the land of Egypt, and festering boils will break out on man and beast throughout the land.”

10So they took soot from the furnace and stood before Pharaoh. Moses tossed it into the air, and festering boils broke out on man and beast. 11The magicians could not stand before Moses, because the boils had broken out on them and on all the Egyptians.

"Take to you handfuls of ashes, &c.—The next plague assailed the persons of the Egyptians, and it appeared in the form of ulcerous eruptions upon the skin and flesh (Le 13:20; 2Ki 20:7; Job 2:7). That this epidemic did not arise from natural causes was evident from its taking effect from the particular action of Moses done in the sight of Pharaoh." (JFB commentary)

2020/3/28 15:19Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

This has been a really good thread, hopefully it stays civil. I think I have a good answer to savannah's question, and I really don't even need scripture to back my answer up. God can do what he wants, right? So unless God comes knocking on our door, and personally tell us why/how this virus come about, we could hash this out until Jesus comes back, and we can post different scriptures on this thread until it fills up the server at SI. You don't sit and grab scriptures out of the word that fit our narratives, they only give us an idea of what God has done in the past, they won't answer the questions of what God is doing on March 28, 2020, let us know if you have that answer.

2020/3/28 16:12Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Brother Robert,

Was there any sickness and disease before man sinned?

Would man have died if he wouldn’t have eaten from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil?
Brother Robert,

Was there any sickness and disease before man sinned?

Would man have died if he wouldn’t have eaten from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil?

Check out the curses in the Old Testament. The Bible states plainly what the curses are and why the curses fall on man.

Our bodies are not yet redeemed. However, through the death of Jesus Christ, Every sickness and disease was borne by Him, and healing has been provided for.

Check out the curses in the Old Testament. The Bible states plainly what the curses are and why the curses fall on man.

Our bodies are not yet redeemed. However, through the death of Jesus Christ, Every sickness and disease was borne by Him, and healing has been provided .

2020/3/28 17:20Profile
CofG

Cambodia

Re:

Hi Brother Mike,

I totally agree with you that things that cause destruction and death are consequences of the curses that God placed upon man and the earth from the Fall. They did not exist prior to that. I was actually thinking about Genesis 3 while meditating on the Scriptures that bear on this issue. God created destructive thorns and thistles to attack the fruit of the ground and he caused increased pain to all women in child birth after the Fall. It is reasonable to conclude that sicknesses and diseases to all natural life (plants, sea creatures, animals and man) are a part of the corruption of nature which God created as far as I can surmise.

As for whether Jesus' suffering and stripes heal us every time from all disease and sickness, that is a long standing debate that honest and sincere Christians will wrestle back and forth with until He returns. I'm pretty sure I know the Scriptures that are used to back up your position on it as I'm sure you've seen the ones
I would use to reason back.

I thought that was where you were coming from in your original comments but wasn't sure so thanks for the clarification. I will say though that all women continue to have increased pain in childbirth since the Fall and even after Jesus' suffering and resurrection.

2020/3/28 17:43Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"As for whether Jesus' suffering and stripes heal us every time from all disease and sickness, that is a long standing debate that honest and sincere Christians will wrestle back and forth with until He returns. I'm pretty sure I know the Scriptures that are used to back up your position on it as I'm sure you've seen the ones
I would use to reason back."

Brother Robert,

Now we have got into a whole different matter. Is healing in the atonement? and why are not all healed? I can give you many scriptures as to why healing is in the atonement. As to why all are not healed, I would like to pose a question to you:
Did Jesus Christ die for the sins of the whole world? Is it God's will that all would be saved? Then why are there so many people that are perishing in their sins?

2020/3/28 18:37Profile
CofG

Cambodia

Re:

Brother Mike:

There is definitely spiritual healing in the atonement. I was speaking more of physical healing as to whether all are healed of their physical maladies. Our fleshly bodies are full of sin and death and will not be "healed" fully until we see Him face to face and receive our glorified bodies.

Brother, I have had this conversation so many times and have examined the Scriptures on the topic more than most and I've read and studied the writings of men who agree with you and the Scriptures they point to so I get where you are coming from but respectfully disagree with your conclusion.

All who are born again will be saved. The rest will perish in their sins because they refuse to come to the light, love the truth, and because they love the darkness and they love their sin. Jesus blood is more than sufficient to cover the sins of the whole world, especially of all who come. I know you know all that but you asked.

2020/3/28 19:35Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

“an most and I've read and studied the writings of men who agree with you and the Scriptures they point to so I get where you are coming from but respectfully disagree with your conclusion. “

No problem Brother Robert! I still have
much to learn about healing, and much
that I don’t understand,

2020/3/28 20:32Profile
savannah

Re: Revelation

In the New Testament book of The Revelation of Jesus Christ we read;

And out of the smoke, locusts descended on the earth, and they were given power like that of the scorpions of the earth. They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads. The locusts were not given power to kill them, but only to torment them for five months, and their torment was like the stinging of a scorpion. Rev.9:3-5

So the first angel went and poured out his bowl on the earth, and loathsome, malignant sores broke out on those who had the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. Rev. 16:2

2020/3/29 8:43Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

This was the question "CAN GOD SEND SICKNESS AND DISEASE?" The only things that I personally know of that God can't do is, see our sin through the blood of Christ, and cannot do anything wrong. He is righteous and pure, and He can never betray His holy character. So, my answer to the original question would be, YES! again, God can do what he wants, he can send sickness and disease, or even allow it.

What we don't want to do is, begin to think that God is just judging the church by sending are allowing these things, because a lot of folks here like to put the church under condemnation. Here's a good question, even IF God sends or allows all these terrible things on earth, can he keep you or I from being infected from these sicknesses or diseases?

Again, God can do as He pleases, so YES, He can. I'm not one to tread into the waters of trying to figure out God, his ways and NOT our ways and His thoughts are NOT our thoughts, so if his thoughts are NOT our thoughts, how on earth would we ever begin to figure Him out? All we can do is look back at Scripture, and see what He's sent or allowed in the past, to get an idea of what he's capable of doing.

If I go into a bar and shoot everyone in the bar, because I hate bars "just an example" did God send me into that bar to do this? or did God allow me to do this? No, I believe my own free will sent me into the bar, not God. Now, could God have stopped me from doing this? again, God can do as he pleases, I could have tripped and fell at the door and the gun could have went off and killed me. See, let’s not forget God gave us all a free will, everything bad that happens is NOT God's fault, nor did he send it, or allow it. Now, that's my common sense teaching for today.

2020/3/29 11:02Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy