SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : CAN GOD SEND SICKNESS AND DISEASE?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
savannah

CAN GOD SEND SICKNESS AND DISEASE?

Deuteronomy 28

20The LORD will send curses upon you, confusion and reproof in all to which you put your hand, until you are destroyed and quickly perish because of the wickedness you have committed in forsaking Him.a

21The LORD will make the plague cling to you until He has exterminated you from the land that you are entering to possess. 22The LORD will strike you with wasting disease, with fever and inflammation, with scorching heat and drought,and with blight and mildew; these will pursue you until you perish. 23The sky over your head will be bronze, and the earth beneath you iron.

27The LORD will afflict you with the boils of Egypt, with tumors and scabs and itch from which you cannot be cured.

28The LORD will afflict you with madness, blindness, and confusion of mind, 29and at noon you will grope about like a blind man in the darkness. You will not prosper in your ways. Day after day you will be oppressed and plundered, with no one to save you.

35The LORD will afflict you with painful, incurable boils on your knees and thighs, from the soles of your feet to the top of your head.

61The LORD will also bring upon you every sickness and plague not recorded in this Book of the Law, until you are destroyed. 62You who were as numerous as the stars in the sky will be left few in number, because you would not obey the voice of the LORD your God.

2020/3/27 12:13Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: CAN GOD SEND ILLNESS AND DISEASE?

My answer to all these type questions is, "God can allow this". Now I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to understand the Bible, but most people I have spoken to agree. In my opinion, Job is a perfect example of how God can allow things to happen to us. I try not to get caught up into listening to a lot of different sermons or Pastors on YouTube on this question. In reality, it's what, 2 possibilities? either he sends it, or allows it, unless God speaks to me audibly and tells me different, I'm going with allows it.

2020/3/27 12:49Profile
CofG

Cambodia

Re: MR Bill

Here's a couple of words from God about the "sending" issue.

And the LORD said to him, 'By what means?' And he said, 'I will go out, and will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.' And he said, 'You are to entice him, and you shall succeed; go out and do so.'
Now therefore behold, the LORD has put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these your prophets; the LORD has declared disaster for you." - 1 Kings 22:22-23

So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited.
Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me.
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. - 2 Corinthians 12:7-9

Now the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and a harmful spirit from the LORD tormented him. - 1 Samuel 16:14

For anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body eats and drinks judgment on himself.
That is why many of you are weak and ill, and some have died. But if we judged ourselves truly, we would not be judged. But when we are judged by the Lord, we are disciplined so that we may not be condemned along with the world. - 1 Corinthians 11:29-32

2020/3/27 14:46Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Robert

Technically, rather he sends it, or allows it, he really still allowing it to happen, right? Or can he send it without allowing it?

2020/3/27 15:00Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

God is not the author of sickness and disease, but He will use it for His purposes, whether that would be chastisement or judgement. God even uses the fiery trials and temptations to perfect our faith and increase our patience (endurance).

2020/3/28 13:05Profile
CofG

Cambodia

Re: Brother Mike

I'm not sure what you meant by God is not the author? Unless I'm dumb ( or dense which is more likely ) didn't God create the corona microbe?

2020/3/28 13:22Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Brother,

Study your bible and you will find out where sickness and disease came from.

No, God did not create the Corona virus. The devil, who has come to steal, kill, and destroy, used man, probably the Chinese to create it. However, this did not take God By surprise, and if repentance and prayer come out of this, what the devil meant for evil can be made to work for good.

2020/3/28 14:06Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I'm no scientist, but don't some viruses have a positive part to play in nature? Who knows, maybe their ability to harm humans is a side effect of this. As for as does God send them? I'll let you know when I figure out God, "warning" please don't hold you breath.

2020/3/28 14:10Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//didn't God create the corona microbe?//

And he also created the sex organs that molest little children. What is your point?

2020/3/28 14:43Profile
CofG

Cambodia

Re: Brother Mike

Brother Mike,

These are the Bible verses I was thinking of when I suggested God made all microbes in nature:

All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. - John 1:3

For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-all things were created through him and for him. - Colossians 1:16

As we know, God even made Satan and the fallen angels. Of course, their moral state was there own doing. But, when it comes to nature, I'm not aware of Scriptures that suggest Satan or man is capable of creating in the origination or "something out of nothing" sense. Maybe you are thinking the corona microbe was engineered by man which is fine if it is true. But aren't some microbes in nature not engineered by man and yet they cause sickness and disease?

Can you give me some Scripture that instructs that God is not the creator of sickness and disease. I have read the Scripture many times over and I'm sincerely not aware of any but, again and sincerely, I may be dense to the obvious.

2020/3/28 14:53Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy