SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : We will get through this because...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
docs

We will get through this because...

We will get through this because we are Americans. Though not quite like this, we have faced tough times and situations before and we have always come through because we are Americans and we can face and overcome anything when we set our minds and strengths to do so.

I'm not trying to be a blowhard here or make already tough times tougher. But it seems to me that the sentiments expressed in the opening paragraph above may be the very spirit and attitude that needs to be broken in our nation. Past success in national and world affairs and facing crises of the past and overcoming them can eventually and subtly lead to a pride that fosters a attitude that WE can do whatever we set our mind to. Those are nice sentiments but the strength of man takes central stage in such thinking. The best thing we can do right now as a nation is humble ourselves before God. All national pride, "hey, we are Americans," needs to be broken. Because God has helped us in the past is no guarantee He is obligated to help us this time. We can't take our next breath or tie our shoe unless the Lord helps us and allows it. I know you know this but this crisis is a glaring reminder and questioner as where do we find our strength and reliance as a nation.

Blessings to you and yours. May the Lord keep you and bless you and surround you with ministering angels and may the indwelling Holy Spirit be your strength.

2020/3/23 9:59Profile
passerby

Re: We will get through this because...

Praying the way Daniel prayed in Dan:9, that's the way we should be praying.

This present crisis can set a new direction for global affairs, prophecies are not there for nothing, their fulfillment don't need our concurrence nor understanding.

Pardon me for bringing this up, somewhere this got posted i.e. "is the current crisis lead to demise of cash and to widespread use of cryptocurrency"or what about a grave economic recession.

Perhaps, these are just wild imaginations, but somehow if they are possible, looming situation lies ahead for many people and economies, at least for a time.

2020/3/23 19:18Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
The best thing we can do right now as a nation is humble ourselves before God. All national pride, "hey, we are Americans," needs to be broken.

Amen brother, this is a judgement of the Lord allowed on the earth. The right response to anything of the Lord's work is to humble ourselves under His mighty hand that in due time He might lift us up.

So much talk of solutions to avoid what is happening. But as you said the greatest need is to pray and humble ourselves.

2020/3/23 21:15Profile
passerby

Re:

I guess the choice between saving the economy or life is now giving a big headache to our leaders. Herd immunity which the UK chief scientist is aiming to, is the status that can substantially mitigate this crisis.

Massive antibody testing of populations will indicate those who had already infected but successfully developed immunity. It will determine the persons who can safely return to work now or be deployed to the front line.

Well, it is sad, if the people will fail to realize things beyond natural events

2020/3/24 19:37Profile
passerby

Re:

The might of America, but do you not wonder why God has allowed America to be in this state and why its very fortune is now becoming a cause of its troubles.

2020/3/24 21:12Profile
passerby

Re:

President Trump refuses proposals for enhanced lockdown that may severely cripple the U.S. economy. This can be a huge gamble, I guess it needs people to be in their closet and pray really hard or perhaps fast as the Jews did in the book of Esther.

2020/3/25 2:08Profile
docs

Re:

The punishments and judgments meted out by God are in direct proportion to the gravity of the sins committed. Whatever the extent of the sins are determines the extent of the punishments. It seems only Christians can adequately stand in the gap right now for the church and the nation.

2020/3/25 5:19Profile
mynameisMark

Re:

"Amen brother, this is a judgement of the Lord allowed on the earth. "

I'll ask the same question I asked on another thread.

COVID 19 is particularly dangerous to the elderly and those with health conditions. If this is all God's judgement, then does he have something particular against these people?

I think of my very elderly, frail grandmother. Is God out to punish her?

Or even my wife who works in healthcare on the front line and is probably more at risk, is God out to get her? Indeed, should she be helping people who are suffering if it's God's judgement and instead let them suffer their just punishment?

Same goes for other natural disasters. It's very fashionable on Sermonindex (where the topics of wrath, hell, suffering and judgement seem to be the favourite) to say they are always punishments, but it is always the poor, sick and vulnerable that come off the worst in these scenarios. The rich and otherwise healthy tend to do better. That hardly seems like perfect divine justice, but random acts of divine violence.

I mean no sneering in my comment here, these are genuine questions.

2020/3/25 15:32Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
Mark said: Same goes for other natural disasters. It's very fashionable on Sermonindex (where the topics of wrath, hell, suffering and judgement seem to be the favourite) to say they are always punishments.

Mark, I won't address that statement, but I will say, 99% of the time I just read now.

2020/3/25 15:48Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: Hi Mark

It is a phenomenon that hasn’t escaped my attention (the tendency to credit God with disasters) yet it seems as it’s the result of a particular doctrine....

Your points are well taken in that more often than not (your observations are correct statistically) it’s the weakest and most vulnerable among us that suffer the most...

TBH it would not surprise me in the least if it turns out this was a man-made “manufactured” crisis- in which case I wonder would it still be the judgment of God 🤔

2020/3/25 17:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy