SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : WHY DO WE FEAR ?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Elibeth

WHY DO WE FEAR ?

>>because <<

*We have never experienced ‘PERFECT LOVE’
———Or———
We neglect ‘PERFECT LOVE’... (other loves have crept into our hearts)
—————
The Bible says, ...

1 John 4:18 (KJV)
“There is NO fear in love; but ‘perfect love’ casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is NOT made perfect in love.”
———-

But what is ‘Perfect Love’ ?
——-
Luke 10:27 (KJV)
“ And he (Jesus) answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.”
———-
That is Perfect love, .. it is the love that Jesus had/has.

When we experience this love, and continue in it, there is NO fear, ..NO torment, there is COMPLETE trust in The Lord.... peace

——————
elizabeth

2020/3/15 1:48Profile
Sree

Re: WHY DO WE FEAR ?

Luke 29:26-men fainting from fear and the expectation of the things which are coming upon the world.
Luke 29:28-28 But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

During such crisis situation, there are 2 kinds of men are mentioned here. One fainting from fear and another who looks up to heaven expectantly. Which one are we?

2020/3/16 12:06Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Luke 29:26-men fainting from fear and the expectation of the things which are coming upon the world.
Luke 29:28-28 But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

During such crisis situation, there are 2 kinds of men are mentioned here. One fainting from fear and another who looks up to heaven expectantly. Which one are we?

Amen brother Sree,

This is the verses in Luke the Lord pointed me to. We should not be shocked that everyone is failing in their hearts, we should be steadfast in faith. And as you shared expectantly looking up.

2020/3/16 12:32Profile
docs

Re:

I will not leave you nor forsake you. Be strong and of good courage...

Only be strong and VERY courageous...
(Joshua 1:5-7)

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage, do not be afraid, not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. (Joshua 1:9)

Lo, I am with you ALWAYS, even unto the end of the age. (Matthew 24:20)

2020/3/16 13:47Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Since I live in the Covid 19 epicenter (seattle area)

I also live in knee-jerk central as well. Fear is compounded by taking measures that do little but increase anxiety and fears.

Our Politicians in their eagerness to curtail further spread of the virus, do injury to the local economies, create other equally frightening scenarios...I cant go to work, now I cant pay the bills...hoarding by the wealthier leaving little for those who already have little.

I pray God ends this viral spread, I also pray our leaders do not weaponize this situation to obtain large sums of money from the government they cannot pay back, create more political turmoil by blame-games as soon as anyone takes a decisive step in any direction.

God have mercy...but for the moment at least we are not talking about how bad it is to live in America with Trump as our president. I can be thankful for that.

2020/3/16 17:21Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Quote:
WHY DO WE FEAR ?

In a world filled with cares of every kind, the remedy is universal. It is found in the words of Paul;

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)

In Christ,

2020/3/16 19:37Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Good post sister.
I believe in this hour we must choose will we fear man?
Or will we choose to fear GOD??

Fear God. ... "The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate." Proverbs 8:13, KJV. "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding."

Fear of Man?
Proverbs 29:25 The fear of man is a snare, but whoever trusts ...

Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe.

So my brothers and sister we MUST choose..
I choose to fear the LORD and do and must Fear HIM More.. IF I fear GOD.. I HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR...
I pray we all choose to Fear and reverence HIM the only GOD and King of Kings. I pray we all choose the Fear of GOD..
May the Fear of the LORD fall upon all the nations in Jesus Name.
In Christ
Sister Frannie

2020/3/17 21:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy