SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : To Sanctify the Lord in our Hearts.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joshua99

Austin Tx.

To Sanctify the Lord in our Hearts.

1Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

In the hour we live in, the American Church is desperately in need of a true outpouring of God’s Spirit. There are many reasons that I can get in to, but for today, I will cover just one. The Lord Jesus Christ is full of Compassion and so Merciful to this man, words simply cannot always describe what the Truth of God’s Word is doing in my heart. Lately, I’m hearing in the Spirit the Heart of God mourning over His people concerning how we view and handle the things that are Holy. As I am responding to the prompting of the Holy Spirit day by day, ever drawing nearer to His wonderful Presence, and beholding His Glory, through Prayer and the study of His Word. I sense an alarm in my inner man. The Lord desires His people to esteem Him in all things, as HOLY. His Word, when taught-to takes it seriously, as if the Lord Himself is speaking. When entering His presence, whether it is the local sanctuary or your prayer closet, to enter in a reverence way, respecting with Honor, the King of Glory. Often, too many times, I see God’s people picking what they like and throwing away what they don’t, concerning God’s Word. Yes, I’m speaking to myself as well. In my travels among the local fellowships here, I see all to often an attitude of disrespect in the church. We bring into His sanctuary where the Spirit of God awaits to fellowship with His people, hearts that have unconfessed sin, murmurings, slander and gossip. Sins of the flesh, that have not been put to death, and rendered powerless over the believer. The improper handling of the Word of God from the leadership and teachers of the local church. Where is the Standard of Righteousness being declared in our Churches? Where Truth is High and Christ is magnified before His people?? Where is Christ being sanctified as LORD in our hearts? Only when we are alone? Should it not be everywhere we live, especially among God’s people? Abiding in the Truth without be religious or self righteous is what I’m referring to. When the Word of God is being mishandled or taught incorrectly. We need to stand for Christ and in love speak the truth. To contend for the Truth, to let the Light of Truth , so shine before all men. To many times of late, my heart is grieved by His Spirit, in seeing what is going on by these so-called Revivals and Mighty moves of God, taken place here in the U.S. If God was to truly move and reveal Himself, many would die because of their unholy mixture in their hearts. I can say this, because I stood among them with this unclean heart, that wasn’t pure. When God puts His finger on anything in my Life and requires me to repent, you better believe by His Loving Grace I jump! I want so badly not to offend the Lord, that even in the little things, He is stirring me to obey. It is a delight to obey and to Love Him with all my heart –mind and strength. Jesus has set me free in many areas, where sin was my master rather than Him. To walk in the Truth and set free from the fear of man and free from this flesh, is true freedom! No, I have not arrived into perfection, but it stands before us in the upward call in Christ Jesus, the Lord! I press on….. This is why, I sense the urgency in my spirit, to speak this word to all of us. We are called His Holy people, a Chosen people to stand before Him and serve and minister unto Him. Consider these words found in 1st Samuel

1Sa 3:11 Then the LORD said to Samuel, "Behold, I am about to do a thing in Israel at which the two ears of everyone who hears it will tingle.
1Sa 3:12 On that day I will fulfill against Eli all that I have spoken concerning his house, from beginning to end.
1Sa 3:13 And I declare to him that I am about to punish his house forever, for the iniquity that he knew, because his sons were blaspheming God, and he did not restrain them.
1Sa 3:14 Therefore I swear to the house of Eli that the iniquity of Eli's house shall not be atoned for by sacrifice or offering forever."

God is so good to us, but He will not always hold back His judgement, from going forth. We must respond to His call as the Word of God says

2Co 6:14 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?
2Co 6:15 What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever?
2Co 6:16 What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said, "I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2Co 6:17 Therefore go out from their midst, and be separate from them, says the Lord, and touch no unclean thing; then I will welcome you,
2Co 6:18 and I will be a father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to me, says the Lord Almighty."
2Co 7:1 Since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body and spirit, bringing holiness to completion in the fear of God.

Lets us all come to the Lord, with hearts being made pure, hands that are clean and our mouths speaking the things that edify and do not tear down, tongues that speak blessings and not cursings. If we will do this, His presence will go before us and He will bless us, in all that we do, and He will reveal Himself mightily in the congregation to be worshipped by His Holy people. Come Lord Jesus!

2005/7/16 10:29Profile
moreofHim

Re: To Sanctify the Lord in our Hearts.

Bryan,

thank you for this excellent word.

In Him, Chanin

2005/7/16 10:49Profile
ChrisL

Bastrop, TX

Eph 4:14 As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming;
Eph 4:15 but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all {aspects} into Him who is the head, {even} Christ,
Eph 4:16 from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love.

Thank You Bryan, I have also been grieved at the weakness being portrayed as God's truth in the church today. I believe that a seed corrupted by the weakness of man, even if it is planted in the good soil of a seeking heart, will not produce healthy fruit. We will not grow up in all aspects into Him (Christ) until we speak the truth in love. Do we love our brothers and sisters in Christ enough to share with them what the Spirit of Truth is sharing with us? We must do this with a heart of mercy and grace just as God has dealt with us. I am confident God will increase our faith when we obey Him in this, and even much more than this, He will be glorified.

In His Peace, Chris

2005/7/16 14:58Profile
tinluke

New England USA

Wow...what a fresh word from heaven! Glory and Honor to the KING. He desires a people who will be set apart for HIM. People who will be weaned from the ways of the world and delight in HIM alone. I desire only 2 things in this world. The first is for Jesus to reveal Himself to me, the second is that Jesus reveal Himself through me!!!

2005/7/16 21:06Profile
Joshua99

Austin Tx.

Re:

Quote:
I desire only 2 things in this world. The first is for Jesus to reveal Himself to me, the second is that Jesus reveal Himself through me!!!

Now that is exactly the Heart of Our Father in Heaven! Beautifully said. :-)

2005/7/16 23:32Profile

Preach It!!!!!!!

You, Bryan, are hearing from God. Satan or the flesh just does not produce a word like that. Glory to God. Alleluia. Well, I think I'll just sit right here and have church.

Revival? Oh how I would love to see it. If I ever see it, it will first begin in me. Then I will be bold in love and speak the truth, regardless of the cost.

I am just in the beginning of a book that the Holy Spirit led me too the other day. When I saw it on the shelf at the book store, I just knew I had to have it. It's called "God's Generals". It's about the lives of Wycliffe, Hus, Knox, and about 3 more that slip my old memory. These were men who were all stirred by God, just like you were. Their battle was with the most diabolical religion ever known. They stood against the ruling power of the whole world. Most gave their life in defense of what they believed God was speaking through them. Will you? Will I?

I assure you, the hour is at hand when open season will be declared on anyone who hears from God. It is already under way in the church. But before you know it, it will be in the street as well. Jesus in you and I is despised among men. They will hate you and I because we are His. The anointing that you have is discerned by the powers of darkness, and those in and out of church that discern your light will hate you with a passion.

Don't expect a pulpit in a large kingdom of man to be offered to you. Outside of this pulpit here, there are very few opportunities open to the true man or woman of God. I do believe I would explode if I were not allowed to come here and relieve myself. But there are yet other places where hungry hearts still wait for the man or woman of God.

Nursing homes, hospitals, jails, orphanages. They are the naked, the sick and infirmed. They are the hungry, the thirsty, the imprisoned.

As some of you know, my wife and I co-manage a retirement home. Each Sunday afternoon, a church in the area comes in and holds "vespers" at 4pm. A different church comes each Sunday. Last Sunday, nobody from this one church came. So I stepped in and held the vespers. It was nothing I planned, I just walked into it. The Spirit of the Lord moved and those who came were blessed. Others came to me after asking why they were not told that I was speaking. It was my first time and unplanned.
All week they have been asking if I'm coming this Sunday. So I plan to be there this afternoon. The church that I am visiting currently will be here this afternoon. But that means nothing if God does not come with us. \o/
I did not come here to this community of seniors proclaiming my faith, I came here living my faith. It has taken time for God to give me liberty and favor. But now I have that liberty and the love of the saints here to go with it. No, I probably won't change the world, but some of His sheep will be fed. I'm blessed to be used of God in any capacity.

In the last post of this thread, you expressed a desire for Jesus to manifest Himself to you and through you. That is what He desires as well, for all of us. But unless you unlock the truth of John 14:21, you will not see this come to pass. I want to ask you to get your bible and turn too and read this scipture. I will not post it here. Hopefully, you can find it in the Amplified Bible. When you do, I would ask that you pray and ask the Holy Spirit to minister it's truth to your heart. Then, I would ask that you bless us all and come back here and tell us what you have been shown. I can hardly wait until you do.

In Him with His love,

Lahry

2005/7/17 8:40

Re: Preach It!!!!!!!

Quote:
But before you know it, it will be in the street as well. Jesus in you and I is despised among men. They will hate you and I because we are His. [b]The anointing that you have is discerned by the powers of darkness[/b], and those in and out of church that discern your light will hate you with a passion.

I was thinking of the many places in scripture where people lying dead in the street are mentioned and feeling it is a long way from our present expectations. Yet, it seems our physical safety is more assured, the less we are risking everything and living all out for Him.

Looking forward to the exposition on John :-) 14:21

2005/7/17 13:49
Joshua99

Austin Tx.

Lahry..

Quote:
In the last post of this thread, you expressed a desire for Jesus to manifest Himself to you and through you.

This is true, though what I was doing, was quoting Tinluke, in what she had said, in this thread. I most certainly can share, by His Spirit what Jesus is saying in John 14:21 along with John 17:24 and 2 Cor. 4:6 The Truth in these scriptures are the very core of the Heart of the Father. They overshadow all needed to be done in us, before any calling and ministry can be established. I will post on this topic soon, I am finishing another on "Manna from Heaven-are you recieving?"

2005/7/17 15:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy