SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The church that sits only on Mount Gerazim.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
CofG

Cambodia

The church that sits only on Mount Gerazim.

And when the LORD your God brings you into the land that you are entering to take possession of it, you shall set the blessing on Mount Gerizim and the curse on Mount Ebal. - Deuteronomy 11:29

The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, because the LORD has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound;

to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn; - Isaiah 61:1-2

And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said: "Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God.
"Blessed are you who are hungry now, for you shall be satisfied. "Blessed are you who weep now, for you shall laugh.
"Blessed are you when people hate you and when they exclude you and revile you and spurn your name as evil, on account of the Son of Man!
Rejoice in that day, and leap for joy, for behold, your reward is great in heaven; for so their fathers did to the prophets.
"But woe to you who are rich, for you have received your consolation.
“Woe to you who are full now, for you shall be hungry. "Woe to you who laugh now, for you shall mourn and weep.
“Woe to you, when all people speak well of you, for so their fathers did to the false prophets. - Luke 6:20-26

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.....Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. - John 3:16,18

His master said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.' - Matthew..........He also who had received the one talent came forward, saying, 'Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you scattered no seed, so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here, you have what is yours.'
But his master answered him, 'You wicked and slothful servant!........ And cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.' - Matthew 25:24-30

The preaching to the nations, the preaching to God's people, the preaching about Christ and the preaching by Christ has always been a proclamation of a blessing and a proclamation of a curse. Even and maybe especially in all the preaching Jesus did to professing believers, it was a sermon on a blessing and a curse. It was always an invitation and command to choose the blessing by believing and obeying Jesus or face the certain coming curse for disobeying God and the Gospel of Jesus.

Many, many churches in their preaching to “saints” and likewise in many “Gospel” presentations to unbelievers have only given half the preaching. They declare the year of the Lord’s favor but are silent on the day of His vengeance.

Our loving Savior didn't preach that way. Ever. Jesus was the most encouraging man who ever lived. His loving encouragement was not anemic though. He “encouraged” people to come and obey "or else" That wasn’t just a style issue. It was an issue of honesty and compassion. The preaching in Spirit and truth whether to unbelievers for coming to Christ or professing believers to abide in Christ is a preaching of invitation in the day of the Lord's favor and of warning of convicting and sure judgement to come in the day of His vengeance.

Mount Gerazim is only half of the foundation of the church. Mount Ebal is the other half.

2020/2/16 18:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy