SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Taking A Break From The Forum

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Taking A Break From The Forum

I feel like I've lost focus and gotten in arguments I should have avoided had I had my eyes open. I feel terrible. If I have offended anyone, I beg your forgiveness. I'm not making any excuses; it's just that I see things in black and white. I always have. Maybe I need more grace.

Nothing is more important to me than the body of Christ.

I'm not leaving for good, just until I feel I should come back.

Apart from work, I'm basically a shut in, and I don't know any christians in my city, so it hurts to leave, but you all mean a lot to me, especially Greg and his wife, who helped lead me to Christ.

God bless you all.

2020/2/13 22:43Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Taking A Break From The Forum

Brother,

May God bless you in seeing where we can grow in the Lord especially towards other brothers and sisters whom Jesus calls His very own "body."

Your humility is a wonderful example to us all.

2020/2/14 6:10Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Nigel

You will be fine, I've taken a long break, I mostly just read now, and it works better for me. Maybe we all need to show a little more love to one another.

God is love. The greatest gift He presented to us was His beloved Son, Jesus, who then gave His life for us because of His great love. If we want to be like our Father God and our Master, Jesus Christ, rather than like a loud gong or cymbal, we need to develop the characteristics of the love that They displayed. In I Corinthians chapter thirteen, Paul identifies these characteristics of love.

Love is patient.
Love is kind.
Love is never envious nor boils over with jealousy.
Love is not boastful or vain.
Love does not display itself haughtily.
Love is not conceited, arrogant, and inflated with pride.
Love is not rude and does not act unbecomingly.
Love does not insist on its own rights or its own way.
Love is not self-seeking.
Love is not touchy, fretful, or resentful.
Love takes no account of the evil done to it,and pays no attention to suffered wrong.
Love does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness.
Love rejoices when right and truth prevail.
Love bears up under anything and everything that comes.
Love is ever ready to believe the best of every person.
Love's hopes are fadeless under all circumstances and Love endures everything without weakening.
Love never fails - never fades out,becomes obsolete, or comes to an end.

2020/2/14 8:48Profile
mama27

Re:

I will miss you, Nigel. Your heart for the Lord comes through as very genuine. I have followed your requests at times thru the TSC prayer service. There are a number of us who feel very isolated from other true believers. Know that as God reminds me, I will pray for you.

2020/2/14 10:17Profile
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Re: Taking A Break From The Forum

Stay at the feet of Jesus. That's what really matters. I keep looking at how unimportant I really am compared to the One above. Stay away from the TV rat race. We have all fell short in the past but we have one who is helping us overcome.

2020/2/14 16:27Profile
deogloria

Re:

Nigel
I think i understand...just had a good break myself, I needed it and it worked out for good.
Draw near to God and pray that He will send Christians your way where you are.
But i think you can also meet up with non Christians and do things together. We are still in this world - but not of the world anymore. You might be able to share your faith and encourage some people.You live in a beautiful part of the world. I know because long time ago, i was visiting the Island and did a bit of hiking. Stunning scenery ! There are probably many activities you could do.
Drop us a line occasionally and let us know how you are getting on.
God has said: "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you."Hebrews 13:5

2020/2/15 0:37Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy