SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is our physical body our worst enemy?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
cup

Is our physical body our worst enemy?

Let’s look at what God says about our body.

1 Cor. 6:19, “What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?”

Our bodies are now the temple of the Holy Ghost. The Shekinah glory of God resides within our mortal body. The Shekinah glory is a visible manifestation of God in the natural world.

Rom. 8:11, “But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.”

The Holy Spirit dwells and resides with in us.

2 Cor. 4:7, “But we have this treasure (Jesus Christ) in earthen vessels (clay pot), that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Our bodies are just the containers – vessels for God The Father. God The Son and God The Holy Spirit live.

Rom 8:3, ”For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:”

Christ the man when He was on earth had the same flesh as you and I do and He did not sin.

Heb. 2:16-18, "For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted."

In ALL things Christ the man was made just like us.

Heb. 4:14-16, "Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need."

Jesus Christ was in ALL POINTS tempted just like us.

Our mortal bodies are not the source of sin or evil. There is nothing sinful or evil about it. Our physical body is NOT our worst enemy.

2020/2/11 12:43Profile
followthelamb

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Re: Is our physical body our worst enemy?

Hi Vern,

The scriptures you shared are encouraging and I don't want to take away from that, but as far as the body not being a source of sin, there are a couple of verses I want to add to the discussion:

"For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live." (Romans 8:13)

"I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified." (1 Cor. 9:27)

2020/2/11 15:49Profile
cup

Re:

Look what Paul also wrote

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

When Paul wrote Romans 8:13, he was writing entirely out from his established truth: The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made us free from the law of sin and death (Romans 8:2). Paul, in saying, "If you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you shall live."

He also wrote

"Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?" Galatians 3:2-3

"For we walk by faith, not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7). Specifically, we walk by seeing Christ alone; we do not walk by seeing outward appearances."

Paul's discipline was seeing that he had put off the old man with his deeds;

Col. 3:5-10,"Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them. But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:"

2020/2/11 17:05Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy