SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Was Moses a Christian?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
ArthurRosh

Was Moses a Christian?

Was Moses a Christian?

Hebrews 11:26
Moses considered suffering for Christ greater wealth than the treasures of Egypt, for he was looking to the reward.

2020/2/6 20:39Profile
ArthurRosh

Re: Was Moses a Christian?

Christ is ever present in and among His people, therefore the suffering of His saints is His own suffering, Christ living, striving, suffering in His Church, His Body, in the Old and New Testaments.

2020/2/6 21:08Profile
ArthurRosh

Re:

The reproach which Christ in all ages bears in the person of His people, as He once bore in His own person; for what is done to His people is done to Him. Of this reproach each disciple must for Christ’s sake bear his share, before he can share with Christ in His glory (2 Timothy 2:12).

2020/2/6 21:18Profile
ArthurRosh

Re:

2 Corinthians 1:5
For as the sufferings of Christ abound for us, so also our comfort abounds through Christ.

2020/2/6 21:21Profile
dspks

Dakotas

Act 4:12 "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

2020/2/7 17:54Profile

Re:

"And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."  Exodus 33:11a

That being the case, I personally believe that Moses knew the name of the Messiah and renamed his successor Joshua/Yeshua after Him, as seen in the next verse:

"And Moses called Oshea the son of Nun Joshua." Numbers 13:16b

Regardless, here on the mount of transfiguration is the clincher:

"And, behold, there talked with Him (Jesus) two men, which were Moses and Elijah who appeared in glory, and spake of His decease which He should accomplish at Jerusalem." Luke 9:30,31

2020/2/7 19:11
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

That's very interesting Alec, I hadn't thought of that before.

I believe every person in history that has been justified by faith, whether they were in the Old Testament era or the New Testament era, is born again.

It's interesting that when Jesus talked to Nicodemus about being born again, he said "Are you a master in Israel, and do you not know these things?" Like "You should know this."

If you study the Old Testament you find instances of people being born again, like king Saul. "...and it shall come to pass, when thou art come thither to the city, that thou shalt meet a company of prophets coming down from the high place with a psaltery, and a tabret, and a pipe, and a harp, before them; and they shall prophesy: And the Spirit of the Lord will come upon thee, and thou shalt prophesy with them, and shalt be turned into another man." 1 Samuel 10:5,6 If that's not a clear salvation experience, I don't know what is! Many, many more examples could be given.

2020/2/7 21:37Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Hebrews 11:26
Moses considered suffering for Christ greater wealth than the treasures of Egypt, for he was looking to the reward.

Moses absolutely knew and saw Christ by faith. I think of the mount of transfiguration where we see Moses and Elijah with Christ.

2020/2/8 9:39Profile
jochbaptist

A while back, I was watching the Gospel of John DVD. Highly recommended. 👍
These words of Jesus struck me as I was watching -
10:14 “I am the good shepherd......,
16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.
So, Moses might not be from the same pen, but we are of the same Flock, and have the same Shepherd. 🌟

2020/2/9 10:50Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Moses was not a Christian in the sense we are. We are Christian because of the fulfillment of the old covenant prophecies Jesus accomplished in his life and death.

Moses was not an inheritor of God's promises fulfilled, he was an heir awaiting the death of our testator Jesus.

Moses shares with us; Election, Grace, Covenant, Forgiveness and Mercies, the Spirit of God, the word of God, a waiting for the appearance of the Messiah.

What he has in common with us is he is a Child of God, He was God's chosen, He was a recipient of God's grace. Moses looked forward to Christ but had yet to hear the words of Christ that bring an end to fading glory.

The people of God under the old covenant were called by "my name"... "Yahweh" but when Christ=the messiah came we are now joined in Jesus "Yeshuah" Moses did see the Son, after Christ had come and fulfilled God's will now we are all joined In-the-Son. All things are gathered together in the Son, then in the end the Son shall present all to the Father.

2020/2/11 14:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy